New Pics of Yamato VF-0S 1/60

Graham

You know if a VF-0A and D show up.......I will smear my bathroom with liquid poo......yes liquid running poo from excitment that's so overwhelming it makes my stomach clench and let it rip!

..............That was much to info, I apologize in advanced.

You know if a VF-0A and D show up.......I will smear my bathroom with liquid poo......yes liquid running poo from excitment that's so overwhelming it makes my stomach clench and let it rip!

370131[/snapback]

Ooooooooooooooooooookay. Just a tad too much information mmmmkay.

There is a pretty big chance of it actually happening, you know, so we'll hold you to that. You have to upload the video for proof if it comes true.

Is it just me, or does the plastic used for this and the garland look to be of a better quality than the plastic used for previous yamato toys?

370128[/snapback]

I'm thinking they have added a semigloss additive to those plastics,I don't think they have changed anything else though?

At that angle, my first "aviation enthusiast's" thought is "I don't think it could fly".  Both the leading and trailing edge taper in at the root.  It's got to have the strangest wing-loading ever.

370119[/snapback]

I'm not sure if that was an intentional feature to give it a more "perceived" stealthy look, or if it was an attempt to give it more wing area w/out compromising the wing pivot for folding in battroid mode. It definitely gives the zero a unique look - something that had to grow on me, but I think it's cool now.

At that angle, my first "aviation enthusiast's" thought is "I don't think it could fly".  Both the leading and trailing edge taper in at the root.  It's got to have the strangest wing-loading ever.

370119[/snapback]

What consistently bugs me are those giant cylinders on the top of the fuselage. It just looks like it'd create a lot of unnecessary drag, and wears away at whatever's left of the airworthiness of the design. It just looks so chunky.

Right. It's all about making the vehicle primitive and rough looking, which it does appear to be more so than the VF-1. Ultimately though, I'll take the VF-0 design over it's successor...

370119[/snapback]

What consistently bugs me are those giant cylinders on the top of the fuselage. It just looks like it'd create a lot of unnecessary drag, and wears away at whatever's left of the airworthiness of the design. It just looks so chunky.

370318[/snapback]

What're those supposed to be anyways?

370119[/snapback]

370318[/snapback]

Dorsal conformal tanks don't hurt the F-16 Block 60's performance too much... and you gotta admit the zero's tanks look better than the viper's.

As far pre-reaction power mecha go, I think the SV-51 is much sleeker and mean looking, but who knows how feasible an SV-51 toy would be with it's spindly limbs and wings.

post-3171-1139966324_thumb.jpg

Right.  It's all about making the vehicle primitive and rough looking, which it does appear to be more so than the VF-1.  Ultimately though, I'll take the VF-0 design over it's successor...

370319[/snapback]

That's a tough call... I've always felt if you took the zero and swap in the wings and wing glove/fuselage of the VF-1 (basically keep the zero's nose, lerxes, arms, legs, and tail assembly), you'd have the utlimate swing-wing valk.

Well, the idea behind the Zero's design was to make it larger and more primitive looking than the VF-1-I either read or heard that somewhere, and the VF-0 has always struck me as that type of a bird....

I love how the VF-0 looks less refined than the VF-1, definitely older, with jet technology and some pre VF-1 technology, and some advances in some areas, some steps backs, I always thought this bridged the gap between the F-14 and VF-1. Which I LIKE! This is why 4 years back when I first saw it, it instantly became one of my fav fighters. Reminds me so much of 70s era fighter planes, sure its got stealth elements but leave it to dedicated stealthy birds like the VF-17. This VF-0 is badass, the design and the toy.

I love how the VF-0 looks less refined than the VF-1, definitely older, with jet technology and some pre VF-1 technology, and some advances in some areas, some steps backs, I always thought this bridged the gap between the F-14 and VF-1. Which I LIKE! This is why 4 years back when I first saw it,  it instantly became one of my fav fighters. Reminds me so much of 70s era fighter planes, sure its got stealth elements but leave it to dedicated stealthy birds like the VF-17. This VF-0 is badass, the design and the toy.

370654[/snapback]

Dude, the VF-0 is awesome. And Yamato has definitely done it justice. I'm VERY glad to see that they got the proportions down pat for this one. Of course it was probably alot easier considering we're talking about a 3D model instead of a hand drawn model. But I'm also very glad to see they got over the early prototype "problems" with proportions and the like. The damn thing looks like a Hasegawa model in both fighter and battroid mode! It's good enough to be a fan custom!

I really don't mind paying $150 for such a work of art, and I applaud Yamato for taking the time to do it RIGHT.

Vostok 7

HOLY CRAP!  HOLY HOLY HOLY CRAP!!!!

Expensive for a 1/60 but DAMN look at the beauty they put into that sucker!  Proportions are right!  OMG!

BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY!!!!!!!

Vostok 7

370652[/snapback]

haha, now there's a face (well, name) I haven't seen for a LONG time! I am guessing you know by now but even though this is 1/60 it's the same size and quality as the 1/48's.

You have a lot of toys to catch up with! hope you have a lotta money. :)

I was just about to post a "Whatever happened to Vostok" reply in the "Whatever happened to..." thread, but that won't be necessary.

Anyway, I thought that even at 1/60 the VF-0 toy is still slightly larger than the 1/48 VF-1?

Now bring on the SV51. Created as 3d model so it shouldn't be hard either. :)

370662[/snapback]

Just because it's a CG model doesn't mean that "anime magic" can't occur. In Mac0, the VF-0 nose seems to shrink in battroid mode as do the wings. A different example are the destroyer droids in Star Wars Episode I. They can't transform without some parts passing through one another (based on an interview in CineFX).

Yamato is dealing in the real world and can't fudge anything. The engineering on the VF-0 toy is really astounding in that not only does it look really good, but it also has to be strong enough to be handled regularly. It ain't as easy as they make it look.

Anyway, I thought that even at 1/60 the VF-0 toy is still slightly larger than the 1/48 VF-1?

370820[/snapback]

From the Toy page:

"While the length of the VF-0S Fighter mode is similar or slightly longer than the 1/48 VF-1, the 1/60 VF-0S Battroid height should be ever so slightly shorter (about 1cm)."

I'm pretty sure it will be heavier than the 1/48 with the added diecast metal. Quoted shipping weight at Toy-wave is 2 kg vs. 1.3 kg for the 1/48 ... this could be speculation on their part, though.

Edited by ghostryder

I still think the nose cone is too stubby. You can't see it from the top down perspective but from a side profile, it looks stubby. Like the canopy on the 1/48 Vf-1, its more obvious from certain angles.

370845[/snapback]

I'm pretty anal-retentive about this stuff, so I'll let people make their own conclusion.

VF0-mod.jpg

yamzero-3.jpg

They could have made the legs skinnier to reduce the stubby fighter profile, but then the shoulders would be hanging below the legs and people would be screaming "Hey, Yamato didn't get rid of that hanging-scrotum-sack-lookin'- shoulder-in-fighter-mode problem!" I still think overall they did a great job.

Edited by ghostryder

haha, now there's a face (well, name) I haven't seen for a LONG time! I am guessing you know by now but even though this is 1/60 it's the same size and quality as the 1/48's.

You have a lot of toys to catch up with! hope you have a lotta money. :)

370769[/snapback]

Yeah, I was seeing Graham's picts and I was VERY impressed with the quality. The size doesn't suprise me. Makes sense that it's as expensive as the 1/48 now based on the size.

I was just about to post a "Whatever happened to Vostok" reply in the "Whatever happened to..." thread, but that won't be necessary. 

370820[/snapback]

Heh, just busy with life. Maybe I'll wander over to that thread and explain where I've been all this time.

Vostok 7

You've got ALOT of explaining to do.... :p

Well, with the VF-0 coming out, you're timing is perfect. Can any of you guys imagine missing out on this ride?

I still think the nose cone is too stubby. You can't see it from the top down perspective but from a side profile, it looks stubby. Like the canopy on the 1/48 Vf-1, its more obvious from certain angles.

370845[/snapback]

I'm pretty anal-retentive about this stuff, so I'll let people make their own conclusion.

VF0-mod.jpg

yamzero-3.jpg

They could have made the legs skinnier to reduce the stubby fighter profile, but then the shoulders would be hanging below the legs and people would be screaming "Hey, Yamato didn't get rid of that hanging-scrotum-sack-lookin'- shoulder-in-fighter-mode problem!" I still think overall they did a great job.

370848[/snapback]

Looks pretty damn close...

in any case.... it looks great in all three modes.

that in itself suffices for me.

No transforming toy has yet to look as good in fighter mode as a dedicated, non-variable model, so I don't understand why anyone should be surprised. The VF-1 in both 1/60 and 1/48 scales from Yamato are still not perfect in fighter mode, nor is anything else aside from custom model work. When a custom model is produced that looks perfect in fighter mode, the battroid mode invariably looks awkward, often spindly.

I can see differences in the model vs. variable toy, the Yamato looking noticeably stunted in comparison. Regardless, the 1/60 Yamato is probably the most faithful toy representation of a variable mecha Yamato has ever produced, I dare say that anyone has produced.

Hah, some people get so conditioned to the over elongated crotch on the 1:48 that they perceive it as the ideal proportion. From the side this Yammy fighter mode looks just as good as the Hasegawa. However, it's the battroid look that attracts me since I always like the robot mode more than the other two. You can always go out to buy a good looking plane model, but can you readily buy a VF-1S battroid?