Pardon my ignorance (and my French) but WTF!

Chas

O.K I've seen this around for a while and never really thought much about it. But where the F#*K did HG come up with this 'character' (quotations indicate that I don't actuallly consider this marketing ploy a character).

Now It has been years since I've seen Robotech and I don't remember any such vehicle or 'character' in any of the storylines. So I'm left with the conclusion that HG just wanted to sell some more CRAP - I mean MPC's- so they thought "hey lets make a black valk with lots of head lasers and call it a stealth. Yeah and we'll come up with a new 'character' and background story to reallly sell it!"

But as I said it's been a while since I've seen Robotech, I only ever saw it on T.V. and I haven't ever seen any other incarnations of it i.e. Sentinels, novelizations etc.

so, I'm willing to be wrong here. But did this character show up anywhere prior to the release of this toy? Or are my suspicions about the purpose for his invention correct.

The 1R is an animation mistake in one episode... HG took advantage and called it some top secret fighter or something.

Just HG trying to milk a 25 year old poorly dubbed cartoon. Its what they do.

The 1R is an animation mistake in one episode... HG took advantage and called it some top secret fighter or something.

Just HG trying to milk a 25 year old poorly dubbed cartoon.  Its what they do.

321168[/snapback]

Actually, IIRC the YF-1R made two appearances...

First Appearance was on a recon mission with Hikaru and they discovered an abandoned weapons depot.

Second Appearance: hand-to-hand combat with Zentradi, some time arter the first appearance.

I think the episodes where this valk appears is somewhere between eps 28-31(?).