Oh god, the new Sideswipe is ugly!

GobotFool

It sure is carrying a TON of junk in the rear, fella's gotta lose a few pounds in da caboose. I could also do without the windshield sitting near the stomach. But....it's not like I could come up with anything better (.....besides my Ironhide Escalade). :lol:

It sure is carrying a TON of junk in the rear, fella's gotta lose a few pounds in da caboose. I could also do without the windshield sitting near the stomach. But....it's not like I could come up with anything better (.....besides my Ironhide Escalade).  :lol:

Some of us like alot junk in the trunk! :lol:

I just noticed he looks boll legged if you look at him from behinde. :huh:

Edited by SkullLeaderVF-X

Compared to the pic that was at OTFCC I would have to say it looks mistransformed. Aside from that, I think Sideswipe is just as beautiful as Smokescreen.

Damn I can't wait for this line. Just imagine what Jazz could look like! :)

I have to disagree about the chest mistransformation. I think it's suppose to be that way.

Yeah, you're right.

Hmm, it's still mistransformed though. Comparing pictures from OTFCC and ebay, it appears that the seats fold under the windshield and the head slides forward. Also, the prototype's shoulders are significantly lower than the official pictures.

It's certainly not the best robot-mode I've seen, but at least there's plenty of articulation and a replica alt mode.

What's next after Sideswipe cos his bot mode really sucks balls...just not worth getting for $50 a pop from Takara and will prolly check it out when Hasbro releases it stateside.

What's next after Sideswipe cos his bot mode really sucks balls...just not worth getting for $50 a pop from Takara and will prolly check it out when Hasbro releases it stateside.

Hasbro will release every alternator at a $20 price point sans diecast.

They'll be 100% plastic but cheaper. Personally, as much as I love diecast I'll probably end up solely with Hasbro versions.

They'll be 100% plastic but cheaper. Personally, as much as I love diecast I'll probably end up solely with Hasbro versions.

oops, meant to use a 'BUT' in there instead of an 'AND'. Yeah that's what I meant. Been screwing up a lot in these threadz.

N-eWayz, gots to see if anything changes in bot mode from now until release or whether them pics just have screwed transformation...Still the 'Skirt' is an eyesore and if this is the final vers, then even the awesome looking CAR mode won't be enough for me to warrant a purchase or pick it up at its dumbed down US vers, no matter how much cheaper it is.

I dunno...I still like it. I do think it's mistransformed, but maybe only slightly. For as different as the design is, it still retains the classic feel and doesn't have random kibble. And as areaseven said, it looks far better than any Armada design.

Edited by eriku

hurumph.. armada toys blow. .. cant believe i wasted money buyin some of those, hoping they would 'grow' on me... ugh...

As for alternators, they will be very, VERY,good..

check this pic for the proper look.. I think it is very old school, just with a new car mode ^_^

The robot reminds me of the old targetmaster, pointblank. :)

post-26-1061638094.jpg

Edited by Sam

hurumph.. armada toys blow. .. cant believe i wasted money buyin some of those, hoping they would 'grow' on me... ugh...

As for alternators, they will be very, VERY,good..

check this pic for the proper look.. I think it is very old school, just with a new car mode ^_^

The robot reminds me of the old targetmaster, pointblank. :)

Looks better but the ways those doors stick out, I don't mind how Sidswipes doors stick out cause that is very G1 and they look like wings, these on the other hand are not reminicent of anything and just look like kibble. Hopefully those wings will be able to fold down and swing back into a more classic configuration.

Edited by GobotFool

I thought they all were 100% plastic. Which is why i'm only preordering one and might just wait for it to show up at TRU before buying more.

I thought they all were 100% plastic. Which is why i'm only preordering one and might just wait for it to show up at TRU before buying more.

Hell no!!!!! Takara Alternators are full diecast, they when in car mode will look and feel just like all the other full diecast model cars.