[PS2]A.C.E 2 (aka Real-Type Robot Wars)

ogami

i see... excellent...  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

399390[/snapback]

It's great, when you starting upgrading your mecha you really notice the difference in performance and weapon potency. The limiter release is nuts though, after all having Roy's VF-1S Strike Valkyrie with unlimited reaction missiles is more than a little crazy (there is fantastic special effect when one of those detonates though).

maybe not 50...

i may have confused the numbers betwen "missions completed" & "unit count" :o

but still, more than half way through the game :(

i suppose that changes depending on what storyline you'll follow, but i don't plan on figuring THAT out :lol:

on the bright side, once you finish it, you get to use anything you picked up on the 1st run. well, after the mandatory training mission :p

i just finished it, and it's pretty much a macross game now. from here to 2nd finish :lol:

Saw the movies for this played on the large video screens outside Yodabashi Camera in Shinjuku while I was there. Everytime I walked past (must of been 100`s of times) I had to stop to watch it just for the VF. It was the same last year for Super Robotwars. MMMMMMM!! may just have to get a PS2 just for this and SDF Macross.

Is there a good synopsis for this game?

399607[/snapback]

There are a few about but they are mostly utterly false; there is a narrative connection between the two games something that is made patently clear in the second mission.

I'd had a few too many beers earlier today and decided ordering this was a REALLY good idea. needless to say I'm $70 poorer and now that I've sobered up hoping to hell it doesn't suck.  :rolleyes:

400789[/snapback]

It doesn't suck.

• 4 weeks later...
Little change to the ending of DYRL?.

408103[/snapback]

Thanks for the link!

Was that Roy giving out orders at one point to a bunch of big name Gundams :p:lol: ? Graham will like that. I guess even Amuro knows who the boss is when Skull Leader is around.

Too bad they don't show a big ass fleet battle, just super attacks. You just can't beat the real DYRL? ending.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey :p

I actually got a chance to play this game -- I used this Gundam GP-02 for a while (I never found the Macross levels), and then it died somehow. Was that part of the story, or did I use it too many times? I completed a level with 5k armor left when it got killed.

Also, I failed one mission (where you had 3 minutes to kill those flower like cannons) but was able to continue anyway. Are there critical vs. non-critical missions?

Edited by Dervish

you gotta repair the machines each time you go out for a mission.

it actually prompts you before you launch for a mission.

sumthin like "are you sure you want to go out with XXXX armor left?"

the repair option's the 3rd one at the bottom in the unit select menu :)

most of the missions are straightforward "kill 'em all" sometimes, i think there's a kill quota on the priority targets, but they're pretty easy & i haven't had a game over from one of those yet :lol:

the other ones are "protect the VIP" like ships & buildings. and a couple of annoying ones, like "protect the VIP, but the VIP doesn't have IFF" so you might actually kill the VIP yourself, & it's game over.

EDIT:

PS:

here's a little more info on when you get the VF 1's....

mission 32 or 33, you get a taste of flying the VF1, then they take 'em away 'til mission 48 or 49. and... there's 70 missions. :o

Edited by UN_MARINE

Thanks, UN Marine!

Thats a whole lot of playing till you get to the really good part.

412499[/snapback]

Aye, I think I'm still on mission 14 of all things. I hope I don't get stuck on the way to Macross stuff. :/

I notice you have to pay for repairs, but you automatically get repaired after not using a mech for a few rounds. Do they automatically deduct points, or is it free?

Edited by Dervish

it think you get free repairs after you get to some kind of checkpoint through the game.

the 70 missions are divided into 24 operations

not sure if it's every new operation, or every time the game prompts for the "parts available/restricted for this area" in the machine selection menu.

:)

EDIT

Edited by UN_MARINE

You get a mission or two of Macross missions at Op16, but the fun begins at Op20 mission 1 ;)

EDIT: I finished the game if anyone needs help, but I think it's all a matter of replaying the levels. I had to replay a level 3-4 times maximum, then I was fine.

Edited by Dervish

• 5 weeks later...
Is there a good synopsis for this game?

399607[/snapback]

There are a few about but they are mostly utterly false; there is a narrative connection between the two games something that is made patently clear in the second mission.

401021[/snapback]

Just wondering if there was a story really. Or did the bad guys just want to get together, and ditto with the good guys, and have an all out brawl?