[PS2]A.C.E 2 (aka Real-Type Robot Wars)

ogami

ace1.jpg

A.C.E is Anime-Robot-Action game developed by Form Software, maker of Armor Core series. A.C.E is aka Real-Type Robot Wars. (Story and game idea are based on Super Robot Wars)

A.C.E 1 is a decent robot action game but needs improvement. I am very looking forward to A.C.E 2 because of Macross and also From Software is a game maker that make great sequel.

新登場機体

エステãƒãƒªã‚¹OGフレーム

ガンダム試作1å·æ©Ÿ

VF-1Sストライクãƒãƒ«ã‚­ãƒªãƒ¼ (<-- VF-1S Strike Valkyrie )

ウイングガンダムゼロ(エンドレスワルツ版)・射撃武器ã¯ãƒžã‚·ãƒ³ã‚­ãƒ£ãƒŽãƒ³ã¨3発撃ã¦ã‚‹ãƒ„インãƒã‚¹ã‚¿ãƒ¼ãƒ©ã‚¤ãƒ•ãƒ«

僚機ã¨ã®å…±åŒæˆ¦é—˜ã‚り。撫å­ã®ä¸‰äººå¥³ãŒåŒæ™‚ã«æ”»æ’ƒã—ã¦ãŸã‚Šãƒãƒ£ã‚¯ãƒ©ã‚¨ã‚¯ã‚¹ãƒ†ãƒ³ã‚·ãƒ§ãƒ³ã‚’仕掛ã‘ã‚‹ç”»åƒã‚‚

ドラグナーã¨ãƒ¬ã‚¤ã‚ºãƒŠãƒ¼ã¯å¼·åŒ–型も登場ã¨ã®ã“ã¨ã€‚エルガイムã¯ã‚³ãƒ³ãƒœæ”»æ’ƒãªã©ãŒè¿½åŠ ã•ã‚ŒãŸã€‚

ç¾åœ¨åˆ¤æ˜Žå‚æˆ¦ä½œå“ The List:

☆機動戦士ガンダム0083 STARDUST MEMORY <- Gundam 0083

☆機動戦艦ナデシコ <- Mobile Battleship Nadesico

☆機動戦士ガンダムW Endless Waltz <- Gundam Wing OVA

☆超時空è¦å¡žãƒžã‚¯ãƒ­ã‚¹ <- Macross TV (Bandai has license for it?)

☆超時空è¦å¡žãƒžã‚¯ãƒ­ã‚¹ã€€æ„›ãƒ»ãŠã¼ãˆã¦ã„ã¾ã™ã‹ <- Macross DYRL

è–戦士ダンãƒã‚¤ãƒ³ <- Aura Battler Dunbine

é‡æˆ¦æ©Ÿã‚¨ãƒ«ã‚¬ã‚¤ãƒ  <- Heavy Metal L.Gaim (TV series)

è’¼ãæµæ˜ŸSPTレイズナー <- Blue Comet SPT Layzner

機甲戦記ドラグナー <- Metal Armor Dragonar

機動戦士ガンダム 逆襲ã®ã‚·ãƒ£ã‚¢ <- Gundam: Char's Counterattack

ブレンパワード <- Brain Powerd

Edited by ogami

HMMMM? Strike valk against Wing 0. Isnt that a but of an uneven advantage considering the wing0 is easily 2 to 3 times larger than the valk is in battroid mode?

319495[/snapback]

No, it's clearly a Strike win, because Gundam Wing is gay. :)

But wow, not just the original Macross mechs, but Nadesico as well? Joy!

Too bad I didn't play the first one, as my importer of choice never bothered with that one. Oh well, my buddy is going to Japan next month. Maybe the ACE will make the "PlayStation the Best" series by then, and I can have him pick that (and the new Gundam game for PSP) for me, and then maybe my importer will pick up ACE 2.

BTW, Graham, I think it's action.

Yep, I want fly VF-0, SV-51, YF-19, VF-22 and VF-17.

BTW, is ACE an actual fighting game or is it a strategy type game like the SRW games?

Graham

319560[/snapback]

ACE is a 3rd person action game. I personally found it rather stale to my liking. ZOE2 beats the crap out of it anyday.

Yep, I want fly VF-0, SV-51, YF-19, VF-22 and VF-17.

BTW, is ACE an actual fighting game or is it a strategy type game like the SRW games?

Graham

319560[/snapback]

ACE is a 3rd person action game. I personally found it rather stale to my liking. ZOE2 beats the crap out of it anyday.

319627[/snapback]

For straight up action, yeah, ZOE is fast-paced, pretty, and an all-around good time. But both ZOE games were extremely short (I finished ZOE 2 in my first play through in just over two hours)... and ACE has the Nu Gundam.

I'll be getting this, but I hope it has more VFs in it than just the VF-1. Trurth be told, I'm terribly bored with the VF-1 these days.

Graham

319551[/snapback]

Second that.

Really want to fly a sv-51.

319830[/snapback]

I am not sure about other VFs... since the list doesn't include Macross Plus or other Macross series...

HMMMM? Strike valk against Wing 0. Isnt that a but of an uneven advantage considering the wing0 is easily 2 to 3 times larger than the valk is in battroid mode?

319495[/snapback]

I always hear this mentioned, but, as I see it, the VF has the advantage. It's vastly more manuverable, presents a very small target compared to what an MS is designed to confront, and, in the Strike configuration, has a cannon that can blow through a capital ship, a Gundam should be no problem.

319495[/snapback]

I always hear this mentioned, but, as I see it, the VF has the advantage. It's vastly more manuverable, presents a very small target compared to what an MS is designed to confront, and, in the Strike configuration, has a cannon that can blow through a capital ship, a Gundam should be no problem.

320083[/snapback]

IF it stands still. ;)B))

• 8 months later...
Do any of you have a copy of the first A.C.E.?

320608[/snapback]

I reviewed the first game a while back now, it's very good but quite a bit different from the sequel. The implementation of the Valkyries in the sequel is superb however, I'd say better than SEGA AM2's effort (GERWALK works as a playable mode, you can fire off missiles in battroid mode and you actually do melee attacks now). Plus, the stage where the Macross transforms around you is remarkably impressive.

The game only really caters for for the VF-1 though, but Miria's Queadluun Rau (from DYRL) makes an appearance as a playable unit.

Finished both games utterly just in case anyone is wondering (as in all unlocks).

I'm going through the game right now :lol:

the VF1's become available around mission 50 or so...

so far, i got 4 of 'em. i'm still waiting on the FAST packs...

this is probably the 1 version of the VF1 where gerwalk's been VERY useful, more useful than fighter mode.

it's a big improvement over the 1st one, although the target lock-on is kinda stupid, it'll just lock on to anything close by. kinda annoying when you're after mission-specific targets :(

EDIT:

my copy's got some kind of bug where depending on a mission, & what machine you're flying, you stay invincible until you use a "super weapon".

for example: at a certain mission, the Nu gundam will stay 9999 armor for the entire mission unless i use the funnels :lol: wierd...

Edited by UN_MARINE

I'm going through the game right now  :lol:

the VF1's become available around mission 50 or so...

so far, i got 4 of 'em.  i'm still waiting on the FAST packs...

this is probably the 1 version of the VF1 where gerwalk's been VERY useful, more useful than fighter mode.

it's a big improvement over the 1st one, although the target lock-on is kinda stupid, it'll just lock on to anything close by. kinda annoying when you're after mission-specific targets :(

EDIT:

my copy's got some kind of bug where depending on a mission, & what machine you're flying, you stay invincible until you use a "super weapon".

for example: at a certain mission, the Nu gundam will stay 9999 armor for the entire mission unless i use the funnels :lol:  wierd...

398855[/snapback]

If you've even vaguely upgraded the RX-93 it has very potent armour. I agree on the target lock though, can be very frustrating.

yeah, i agree, the Nu is quite tough, but the invincibility thing happened on more than a couple of missions, even after getting kicked around by a "boss" unit :o

it kinda started after i got the Nu, then the VF1's also became immortal in a couple of missions. even the G gundam too :lol:

yeah, i agree, the Nu is quite tough, but the invincibility thing happened on more than a couple of missions, even after getting kicked around by a "boss" unit :o

it kinda started after i got the Nu, then the VF1's also became immortal in a couple of missions. even the G gundam too :lol:

399149[/snapback]

Those are all units that are especially well armoured in the game, particularly the God Gundam. Basically, if you upgrade armour more than the potency of your enemy's weapons then you take less or in some cases no damage.

Char's Counter Attack!!!  :o

I hope there's a Sazabi in this game.  :ph34r:

399152[/snapback]

Sazabi is an unlockable.