baronv

Macross/Animation Cel Collection Thread

Well I can't say that makes much sense to me.  I saw no evidence in this thread that anyone was operating multiple accounts.

Love the battloid crashing through the building by the way.  I had tried to win some of those when they were offered.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mokman said:

Well I can't say that makes much sense to me.  I saw no evidence in this thread that anyone was operating multiple accounts.

Love the battloid crashing through the building by the way.  I had tried to win some of those when they were offered.

Well, that SR Labs link is good as I've read about them in a few other places before. Perhaps here. And a friend of mine who collects cels and other artwork gave me their name and a few others in California that deal with cel preservation and restoration. I haven't used them yet though.

I think it's important if you collect cels to probably check out Disney / American stuff as that is still popular. There are barely a handful of people posting here. And some of those might not have the best intentions.

I posted this before, in case anyone missed it.

There are other videos of the Disney vault but here you can see how they store and preserve artwork older than the cels and sketches of the 80s stuff we are after. Here is another good tour in a museum by someone who collects Disney artwork.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkLU5kffkSw

It's worth a watch even though it's almost 50 minutes. His stuff is framed. I'm waiting to see someone who collects Japanese anime post a museum or collection tour like this. I did get piece recently from another anime and I'll post it when the final item shows up hopefully later this year or early next year. It's going to be a cool display if you like 80s anime.

Edited by JetJockey

9 hours ago, Mokman said:

Funny, because it was his response to you that gave it away...LOL

Well if he was two people at once, I don't know what he was getting out of it. I never received any private messages about cels for sale or anything like that.

Maybe my memory is bad, but wasn't there a gallery type show with Macross anime cels on display some years ago? I think it was when they had part of a life sized valkyrie for people to see. I know I remember something like that with at least concept artwork.

The MacrossManiac account was a way to hit the reboot button for his MW cel community online persona, since his elrdf account was outed as one belonging to what several here considered to be someone of questionable repute.

The half-baked scheme almost worked.....if it weren't for some meddling kids!!! :drinks: