Macross/Animation Cel Collection Thread

baronv

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, zard said:

hope you are not displaying them since it only accelerates the fading.

Not if you use UV plexiglass and keep them away from direct sunlight and other direct or harsh lighting.

What does "Book" mean in anime cel terminology? I've a seen a few anime cels over the years that have this written at the top right corner but haven't yet found an explanation of its meaning.

Here is one example I have.

http://oden.rubberslug.com/gallery/inv_info.asp?ItemID=420143

Nothing comes up on a cursory search.  However, it might be an oblique reference to the correct English usage that Japanese speakers find easier to use than the correct terminology.  Like how "cut" in the link means "shot", with 'cut' being used in the sense of 'where the film in a shot (sequence) is cut'.

So, I'm tempted to guess that "book" is being used in the sense of 'a bookcover shot for the subsequent scene', or possibly even in the verb form (book a room).

EDIT:

It probably comes from the film term "bookends": http://kernvakckv.nl/film---terms-glossary.pdf

Edited by sketchley

Oden, I was just looking through your collection on Rubberslug and found a cel in your DYRL section that I think is actually a TV cel.  It is your VF-1A cel.  If I am not mistaken that is Ben's veritech just as it is starting to explode in the episode Bursting Point.

Now that I look at it, I think the VF-1S Gerwalk cel is as well, from the end of the episode Force of Arms.

Edited by Mokman

Uh, no.  I'd like to keep it possibly or do a trade with someone. I'm just wondering where it's from.

So you basically bought it without knowing what it was?  Have you not learned your lesson yet?  Didn't you initially come on these boards with the same issue on some Macross cels you had bought that turned up to not be originals?

Do you really want to be a part of the MW Cel collecting community...or do you just want to "pop in" each time you need help with selling, trading and scalping?

So you basically bought it without knowing what it was?  Have you not learned your lesson yet?  Didn't you initially come on these boards with the same issue on some Macross cels you had bought that turned up to not be originals?

Do you really want to be a part of the MW Cel collecting community...or do you just want to "pop in" each time you need help with selling, trading and scalping?

I haven't purchased it yet but was considering. I want to be a part of the MW Cel collecting community. The fact that I listed some cels that I bought at a higher price to pay off some expensive ones doesn't make me a scalper. I do not do it as a business and I don't want to waste time arguing about it. I'm a HUGE Macross fan and love collecting these cels. I also like to do trades if someone likes a cel that I have and I like theirs. Anyways, I don't even know why I'm explaining myself, wow. If anyone can help me determine that piece I'd appreciate it. You won't see it go on ebay haha.

I haven't purchased it yet but was considering. I want to be a part of the MW Cel collecting community. The fact that I listed some cels that I bought at a higher price to pay off some expensive ones doesn't make me a scalper. I do not do it as a business and I don't want to waste time arguing about it. I'm a HUGE Macross fan and love collecting these cels. I also like to do trades if someone likes a cel that I have and I like theirs. Anyways, I don't even know why I'm explaining myself, wow. If anyone can help me determine that piece I'd appreciate it. You won't see it go on ebay haha.

Your actions speak louder than your words.....as I said...it seems you just come here when you need to siphon off some of our collected knowledge...which is fine if you were a contributing member...but then you only seem to use said knowledge for personal gain....

Nah, a cel that I wanted to verify a while back I was going to keep. When I got it it didn't seem authentic to me so I sent it back. If you have a question regarding a cel that you'd like to sell or trade and wanted to verify its authenticity or had a question would that be forbidden and considered for "personal gain"? If you're asking questions all day so that you can flip/scalp cels as a business that's not so cool. 

elrdf, it is one of the posters, if you want to call them that, from the Macross character "This is Animation" set.  There is also a mecha based set.  Here is the character set on ebay.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F323578430725

That's crazy, LAST NIGHT I bought that magazine!! I wonder who drew it. Thanks man!!