1/48+FP's, 1/60, and 1/72 picture gallery

VF-18S Hornet

good bye for now. ;) if your like to see more pics just click View my Yamato VF-1 Collection below this post I'll post some pics this time with intriguing backgrounds. Later ;)

post-4-1066684966_thumb.jpg

Montarvillos: Your avatar is messing up my concentration. :lol: That looks like Yuna from the Upcoming Final Fantasy X-2, right?

Between, cool VF-17 you have there. It seems that all your Valks are trying to duck due to the insufficient height in your display board B)

Precisely,

The spacing between the shelves was designed in the pre fastpack era...

Guess I should do something about this...

VS-Hornet, are you spamming this thread ? ;)

Well if I was really spamming this thread I wouldn't have bothered to place the pictures on yahoo photos. Just trying to keep this thread alive, thats all :D;)

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

I took some more pics tonight (what can I say, I was bored :p )

Here's Roy VF-1S 1/48 with some of the FP panels removed...

(side note: I knew I wasn't crazy! There really was a Budweiser can design painted on one of the missiles in DYRL)

Better Pic...

post-4-1068670961_thumb.jpg

Edited by SuperSkylineGTR

And finally my 1/48's on the shelf along with my 1/55 MPC collection...

Please telll me why would you get those 1/55 Robotech MPC's. personaly I would avoid them because unlike Yamato they are not true to the line art. They are merely upgraded versions of the Bandai 1/55 Valkyries that toyomni or whatever it's name is made. :unsure: I like your VF-1A Max and VF-1S Roy though. And I too saw the Budwieser can on the sticker sheet as well in DYRL. I guess Kawamorii is a Budweiser drinker. :lol:

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

Please telll me why would you get those 1/55 Robotech MPC's. personaly I would avoid them because unlike Yamato they are not true to the line art. They are merely upgraded versions of the Bandai 1/55 Valkyries that toyomni or whatever it's name is made.  I like your VF-1A Max and VF-1S Roy though. And I too saw the Budwieser can on the sticker sheet as well in DYRL. I guess Kawamorii is a Budweiser drinker.

Wow! Why such hate for the Toynami toys? I agree that the Yamatos are better (both scales even), but the Toynami valks aren't that bad. As a matter of fact, I have a couple (VF-1S Roy and VF-1J Hikaru...err, Rick) and I like them.

They're actually upgraded Bandai 1/72 HCMs... if you can call them upgrades...

I've never seen a HCM before, but you're right...the similarities are striking...looks almost like the same toy, except that the HCM's tailfins stick up higher than the MPC's in battroid mode.

Please telll me why would you get those 1/55 Robotech MPC's. personaly I would avoid them because unlike Yamato they are not true to the line art. They are merely upgraded versions of the Bandai 1/55 Valkyries that toyomni or whatever it's name is made. :unsure: I like your VF-1A Max and VF-1S Roy though. And I too saw the Budwieser can on the sticker sheet as well in DYRL. I guess Kawamorii is a Budweiser drinker. :lol:

I happen to like my MPC's because the VF-1J Rick was the first transformable Valk I ever purchased. I then ended up getting the whole series becuase I figure might as well stay with what I started. The only 1/60 Yamato's I bought were the ones not offered by the Toynami line (the VF-1D and 1A CF)

I agree they are no the best out there. The Super Armor kits were disappointing, no fun at all (Especially Miriya's were the friggen side panel for the legs keeps falling off!) PLUS, with the Miriya, they forgot to put a slot on the forearm armor to store the gunpod in fighter mode, so I had to add my own :angry: . To be honest, tho, up until I got the armor kits, I was happy with my MPC's, so I felt it was kinda foolish to buy 1/60 Yamato's of the same kind.

Oh, one more thing, sorry the pictures came out kinda dark, they did not look too bad on my computer at home, but at work I see they are not to good looking. Maybe I'll do a reshoot when I got some more time...

I happen to like my MPC's because the VF-1J Rick was the first transformable Valk I ever purchased. I then ended up getting the whole series becuase I figure might as well stay with what I started. The only 1/60 Yamato's I bought were the ones not offered by the Toynami line (the VF-1D and 1A CF)

I agree they are no the best out there. The Super Armor kits were disappointing, no fun at all (Especially Miriya's were the friggen side panel for the legs keeps falling off!) PLUS, with the Miriya, they forgot to put a slot on the forearm armor to store the gunpod in fighter mode, so I had to add my own :angry: . To be honest, tho, up until I got the armor kits, I was happy with my MPC's, so I felt it was kinda foolish to buy 1/60 Yamato's of the same kind.

Oh, one more thing, sorry the pictures came out kinda dark, they did not look too bad on my computer at home, but at work I see they are not to good looking. Maybe I'll do a reshoot when I got some more time...

If you have it, try using Photoshop first to touch it up a notch.

here is group photo. they were all just hanging out. no bandais were allowed in this group. :)

ALEX

Didn't you say no Bandais allowed in this group.:huh: Then How come I see a 1/65 VF-17D Nightmare in the background. <_<

QUOTE (wingcommander @ Oct 27 2003, 02:53 PM)

here is group photo. they were all just hanging out. no bandais were allowed in this group. 

ALEX 

Didn't you say no Bandais allowed in this group. Then How come I see a 1/65 VF-17D Nightmare in the background. 

oops How did he get there. What a party crasher. :rolleyes: I forgot he was there. Sorry about that.

ALEX

you call that MODEST?? it's like 3 times the size of my collection!

Yep, I do agree... some ppl have a somehow 'strange' concept of modesty... <_<

My collection is modest (only 4 1/60's, 4 1/72's).

But I will get my 1/48!!! :lol:

mcpaz

Holy crap 1 VF-1 2NV, awesome shelves love the shelves especially with the built in mirrors? are those shelves customed made or readily available for purchase?

Cheers

I got it at a local consignment center. Retail about $1000. My wife purchased it for $350 . To answer your question(s), I don't know.

Edited by 1 VF-1 2NV

mcpaz

Yeah I call it modest. I'm certain many MW members have large collections but do not want to show it off, do not want to display it because of "MISB" syndrome :p , do not have a display case or do not have any room to display, and other personal reasons.

mcpaz

Yeah I call it modest. I'm certain many MW members have large collections but do not want to show it off, do not want to display it because of "MISB" syndrome :p , do not have a display case or do not have any room to display, and other personal reasons.

Hi, 1 VF-1 2NV,

modesty is a relative concept, for sure. Anyway, my comments are pure envy, nothing more, nothing less. BTW, its envy in the good sense (it's the 'I wish I could have as many as you...' or 'how cool you have so many...' kind of envy).

But this christmas.... yamatos a-tutiplen for everyone!!!!

regards,

manu