1/48+FP's, 1/60, and 1/72 picture gallery

VF-18S Hornet

Toonz,

NICE DISPLAY cabinets man! Thats a lot of money in there! Where did you get those? I don't see them in the IKEAs in the US or HK.

Exo and Haterists:

Now I know why you guys need those Valkyrie heads. To save yourselves from those bastardizations! :p

PS: Sold out of VF-1S' :D

Toonz,

NICE DISPLAY cabinets man! Thats a lot of money in there! Where did you get those? I don't see them in the IKEAs in the US or HK.

Exo and Haterists:

Now I know why you guys need those Valkyrie heads. To save yourselves from those bastardizations! :p

the wooden ones are from VHIVE and unfortuately its out of production :(

the full glass ones are from IKEA, yes, IKEA :) they are called the DETOLF shelf :)

really took me months and months and months of savings just to buy those glass shelves <_<

nice!, is that a berol light table? I have one but it has a wooden edge around it but it looks like that, just wondering? :)

dunno? it was a gift from one of my dads artist friends....then i made it mine! :D

Looks like pretty much any standard light table that printers or artists would use.

I work in a print shop and we had a bunch that were pretty much just like that. They were used for paste-up and and stripping.

With current tech there is not as much call for them and there's only one or two left around that are just being used as normal tables...

EDIT: Just saw the updated pic taken with brighter light. Definitely somewhat different than the light tables we have, but still similar.

Edited by RTShark

Toonz,

Exo and Haterists:

neova,

what the heck else are we suppose to do with them? :blink: i can't have a bunch of headless valks....maybe just in fighter mode. :p

toonz,

you definitely got the nice shelves. i saw them in the Ikea catalog but couldn't justify paying $100 for each one....and you got 4! :o maybe one day.....

Mechafan,

thanks man, i have lots of fun with my display stands. :D i just can't seem to find enough poses for them. i took some john woo-ish type pics...well more like some matrix steez with the M&M's, i'll post them when i get a chance. :)

RTShark,

yes we've been through the table conversation. :p any chance you'd be interested in buying it a original Berol table? its only $1800! :D supposedly? :unsure: the table adds to the drama of the photo. i should take more pics with the table lights on. B))

fred the french,

nice collection i can only imagine how much you paid to get all those. shipping to europe is way too much! <_< whats up with the 1D pose? its the "whos that off in the distance while i'm being beautiful" pose. :p and you got the 1st yf-19....i've been looking for one of those. :(

Some pics of mine (Very rare in France to have such a collection)

You have a GREAT collections FTF.

Are Yamato's very hard to come by in France? Where do you order most of your stuff from?

Is there a large fan base in Europe?

:o

Are Yamato's very hard to come by in France? Where do you order most of your stuff from?

I can't speak for the French, but here in Germany I haven't seen a single Yamato... :blink:

In fact, the only time I've seen a Valk was almost 20 years ago in elementary school...

I was nine and some kid, whose father had been on a buisness trip to japan, brought one to shool.

And I thought: "Hell, that's a stupid Transformer!" ;)

Most stores here have little to none Macross, like some (comic?) books but no Valks, it's even hard to find Macross DVDs - that's why I have to stick to dodgy eBay or some other internet based shops (and pay tremendous amounts for shipping). <_<

Nice collection Toonz, I see that you superhero freak from your collection :D .................... again nice Macross collection.

As for Macross in Europe yes it`s hard to find them, as I know from my Brit cousins what they told me you`ll find them mainly in the UK und France.

Some pics of mine (Very rare in France to have such a collection)

You have a GREAT collections FTF.

:o

In France, you have two solutions :

1 : you buy valks in Paris and pay two or three times the price.

2 : You have the internet and buy on Ebay or HLJ. Even if costs for shipping in France are a bit expensive, it's less than if you buy in Paris.

For example, the first 1/48 Yamato Vf 1 A was aviable in Paris for 370 € (about 400$)

I bought mine on HLJ and paid about 200 € including the shipping cost.

That's the same for all my japanes toys.

About sideswipe, sure, I made a custom of this one. I thought it was better looking like this.

About my YF 19 (a first edition, moreover) I bought it here in France on Ebay. and i "only" paid 150 € for it (about 180 bucks)

And, yes, there is a large fan base in Europe, especially in France where , excuse me "Robotech" was on TV in the late 80's.

The VF-1J doesn`t really look good in Low-Viz color style, it`s more suited for the VF-1A.

to each his own. ^_^

the LV was my first valk and i got tired of looking at the 1A head. it need a change is all. hopefully i'll get another LV and make it a 1S. B))

The VF-1J doesn`t really look good in Low-Viz color style, it`s more suited for the VF-1A.

to each his own. ^_^

Yeah, seriously. . . what about the head could possibly make a valkyrie paint scheme look better or worse?

Personally, I think you did a damn fine job of painting that head. It looks like it came that way.

H

so completely off topic heres a pic of my valk-in pieces! :blink:

Haterist How did you take your 1/48 apart like that I like to do some repairs to the rubber ball socket in the let leg joint because it's trying to slip out. :D

so completely off topic heres a pic of my valk-in pieces!  :blink:

Haterist How did you take your 1/48 apart like that I like to do some repairs to the rubber ball socket in the let leg joint because it's trying to slip out. :D

Actually fixing the leg rubber ball joint thingie is real easy. The part that attaches to the leg pulls out and has a screw in it. No disassembly of the leg needed really. Where the ball joint piece goes into the leg intake, all you need to do is pry is out a bit with a small screwdriver or something.

When I got my second 1S the rubber was all over the place on both sides. I did some poking around and was relieved how simple it was to fix.

so completely off topic heres a pic of my valk-in pieces!   :blink:

Actually fixing the leg rubber ball joint thingie is real easy. The part that attaches to the leg pulls out and has a screw in it. No disassembly of the leg needed really. Where the ball joint piece goes into the leg intake, all you need to do is pry is out a bit with a small screwdriver or something.

When I got my second 1S the rubber was all over the place on both sides. I did some poking around and was relieved how simple it was to fix.

what he said other than he left out the most important part....

*disclaimer*

you can pull the leg off with some force(no prying needed) but i am not responsible if you break you valk. :lol:

don't sweat it, it takes a little force but i would leave it alone until it starts to become a real problem. its not going anywhere so theres no reason to pull apart anything until you absolutely have to....and i speak from experience. :( i did it to one of my valks(LV) cause it was driving me nuts. i didn't break anything but after i moved the rubber piece back into position..... i've regreted it ever since. my valks got crazy legs now......like hes doing the forbidden dance :ph34r:

*do the huckle buck, do the huckle buck*. :lol::lol::lol:

alright you gotta be a honeymooners fan to get that one. ;)

alright heres a new one using the 6" stands...now i can display them SYRL steez.  B))

What's SYRL? And that's PRETTY DARNED COOL! :D

yeah yeah yeah, the S key is right next to the D key. what do you want from me. :p

BTW, i forgot to mention, the 6" stands work for the 1/48's and the 4" stands work for the 1/60's. :)

*added*

i forgot to mention the 2.5" stands work for the 1/60s and the 1/72s as well. there isn't as much clearance but it holds nicely. :)

Edited by haterist

to each his own. ^_^

the LV was my first valk and i got tired of looking at the 1A head. it need a change is all. hopefully i'll get another LV and make it a 1S. B))

hey yamato look at this custom vf-1j low viz it looks real cool hint hint hint. arent you intrested in making money.

to each his own. ^_^

hey yamato look at this custom vf-1j low viz it looks real cool hint hint hint. arent you intrested in making money.

i only wish they'd listen. :rolleyes:

but as someone put it so eloquently before, "yamato isn't a wish fulfilment center". :lol: i don't remember know who wrote that, but it sure did make me laugh a lot! :lol:

Haterist,

Thats a PHAT collection going on there! Way to go bro! Those stands kick ass. I might need a few now... :)

PS: Read my sig. :p

thanks for the com.....and the collection too. :) you know i couldn't have done it without you. ;):D i'm going get orders for the stands going again, when? i dunno yet. :unsure:

so thats where i read it...well its definitely signature worthy. :lol:

dr_vandermeer,

danke! :) i'm planning to get more stands. now all i need is dups of every 1/48 valk. :lol: not really a laughing matter. :(