Pic of Old School Macross Toys ONLY

Agent-GHQ

• 2 weeks later...

I had a jetfire when I was a kid and i shot it with a bb gun, hit it with a pick ax a few times, and then lit it on fire! I was a disturbed child.

I know, I used to have a Jetfire, like in 1985 or something. Then I got a beat up jetfire to customize, have not gotten around to it yet, but that one does not have the fast packs super armor. I did get a Bandai reissue 1/55 VF-1A CF which I love a lot and would love to have super parts for it but I have not gotten a proper VF-1 Super yet! I am so behind. I did get the 1980s matchbox SDF-1 though and that kicks ass (although not as much as the Takatoku version which costs massive a$$).

gawd, i love the look of the elint! Not to bash or anything, but no matter what yamato comes out with, the look, shelf presence, sturdiness, and ease of transformation of the ol 1/55s is unsurpassed. Really one of the greatest toys ever designed. No floppy, finnicky transformations and legs falling off here :)

• 1 year later...

No, that was not a custom box. It was seen and sold at an import toy store. It was spoted in NY and SF. It is EXTREMELY rare!

It was believed the set was to promote the sales for Takatoku as the company was slowly sinking.

Edited by Agent-GHQ

Are you referring to the box on page 3 or was it page 5? On the front of the box it has the 20th anniv sticker and it says that it was made as a custom box by Alpha Team or something.

I dont think it was made by Takatoku before they went down...anyone got more info?

No, that was not a custom box. It was seen and sold at an import toy store. It was spoted in NY and SF. It is EXTREMELY rare!

It was believed the set was to promote the sales for Takatoku as the company was slowly sinking.

Are you referring to the box on page 3 or was it page 5? On the front of the box it has the 20th anniv sticker and it says that it was made as a custom box by Alpha Team or something.

I dont think it was made by Takatoku before they went down...anyone got more info?

It would be the same custom box. I think AgentGHQ has his facts screwed up. That what happens when you're a "head pilot". One to many bumps. :lol:

If my memory serves me correctly. there were two custom M&Ms

1. Done in old school takatoku layout, both in plane mode side by side (Sadly no pics of that in my hard disk)

2. The more recent one as below when the reissues came out.

3778241290_41719b476e.jpg

Old members will know which one im talking about for the first one.

According to the author August Ragone, who wrote the book Eiji Tsuburaya: Master of Monsters has seen it in a Japanse import toy store with his own eyes.

It was basically a regular Max and Miria Takatoku box that is housed by an outer carton box much like a trayish style.

Of all my years for collecting vintage 1/55 Macross, this is the hardest to retrieve of them all.

Even after the reefer, that pic is clearly a custom!

nice to se agent hasn't disappeared like I did. Outer shell designed to fit a boxed max and a box milla was a pian to design and I could not afford the $150 plus alpha wanted' for it back then. Heck... I still can't without getting a divorce and the wife makes more so thats just stupid :blink: . There were a number of really good custom boxes availible for a while but much like "anasaszi"'s alps printer decal sets they seem to have dissappeared. Then again so did I so what do I know. Oh yeah... after the auction got split up as the seller listed it as bulk I believe the set sold for slightly over $500 back in 99 I think. It's been a while and agent has some good smokum so memory is... what was I talking about anyway?!?

I have yet to see the "Loch Ness Monster" 1/55 VF-1S with Roy on the box appear, let alone a real-deal vintage Max / Miria set! ; )

Actually, I stand corrected... I HAVE seen that 1/55 VF-1S with Roy - it's in my collection!:

fockerbox.jpg

Edited by Robert D

And thanks to this tear, I'm now a proud owner of a Bandai 1/55 VE-1:

Bandai_VE-1_03.jpg

The tear we mentioned about:

How much it used to cost:

Pity that this VE-1 will never transform again. It shall goes into retirement in my display cabinet.

Nice piece except the right thigh, I will do some surgery to minimize the gap if I were you.

I have yet to see the "Loch Ness Monster" 1/55 VF-1S with Roy on the box appear, let alone a real-deal vintage Max / Miria set! ; )

Actually, I stand corrected... I HAVE seen that 1/55 VF-1S with Roy - it's in my collection!:

fockerbox.jpg

Is that legit? A few of us were actually talking about this item at this year's MWCon. I guess it isn't a myth after all.

Be ready to be hit up by xstoys, I'm more than sure he wants this.

>Is that legit? A few of us were actually talking about this item at this year's MWCon. I guess it isn't a myth after all.

Sorry guys, that's just a Photoshop job on my part. I've been hearing that same "Roy box" rumor for years and years (probably from the same guy posting about it from time to time), and I really don't think it exists!

By the way, does anyone have pics of that other "wedding set"? I recall one that was sold on ebay some years back and the guy who put it together really did a great job emulating the look of the Takatoku boxes. I think someone mentioned it in an earlier post - I wish I had saved the pics.

Courtesy of Matt Alt from Toybox DX (on the Marriage set):

Re: Takatoku VF-1S Roy Rumor?

Posted by: MattAlt (Moderator)

Date: August 07, 2009 03:38AM

Just for kicks, I dropped Koji Igarashi a line about this. He's the author of "The Encyclopedia of Chogokin and Popinika," "Gunpla Generation," "Takara SF Wonderland," and the recent series of articles about Takatoku's Macross toys in Figure Oh magazine, which included interviews with a former product manager there. If anyone had the inside line on this mythical beast, you'd think he would.

Ready?

"The set does not exist. Period."

Edited by Salamander

Holy be Jesus..............................

Man, if Yamato and Bandai (reissue) did not make any Macross toys, I wonder how much people are willing to dish out for those vintage?

The phrase "If you have to ask, you can't afford it" comes to mind. B))

nice to se agent hasn't disappeared like I did. Outer shell designed to fit a boxed max and a box milla was a pian to design and I could not afford the $150 plus alpha wanted' for it back then. Heck... I still can't without getting a divorce and the wife makes more so thats just stupid :blink: . There were a number of really good custom boxes availible for a while but much like "anasaszi"'s alps printer decal sets they seem to have dissappeared. Then again so did I so what do I know. Oh yeah... after the auction got split up as the seller listed it as bulk I believe the set sold for slightly over $500 back in 99 I think. It's been a while and agent has some good smokum so memory is... what was I talking about anyway?!?

Dude!! Welcome back, great to see you here again. Stick around, the noobs all need your help :lol: