Pic of Old School Macross Toys ONLY

Agent-GHQ

Hello. I started collecting the Takatoku Kanzen Henkei valkyrie figures around two years ago. I have some original, bootleg and knock off figures as well. I started to create some custom figures which cover the figures never released by Takatoku. This my version of the Cavalier Valkyrie as described in http://www.macross2.net/m3/sdfmacross/variant-vf-1a-cavaliers.htm

Regards

20200224_125225.jpg

20200224_125501.jpg

20200224_125745.jpg

25 minutes ago, peroliza said:

Hello. I started collecting the Takatoku Kanzen Henkei valkyrie figures around two years ago. I have some original, bootleg and knock off figures as well. I started to create some custom figures which cover the figures never released by Takatoku. This my version of the Cavalier Valkyrie as described in http://www.macross2.net/m3/sdfmacross/variant-vf-1a-cavaliers.htm

Regards

20200224_125225.jpg

20200224_125501.jpg

20200224_125745.jpg

Excellent!

2 hours ago, peroliza said:

Regards

20200224_125225.jpg

20200224_125501.jpg

20200224_125745.jpg

Great idea!  

Takatoku encouraged people to "customize" their 1/55's...may as well take that suggestion into all of their toy lines...:good:

And it's good to know the love for the vintage Macross toys is still shared among fans!

Old School never gets old!  :drinks:

Agreed, jvmcross. Actually, in Latin American countries the Takatoku-based bootleg figures are still very popular.  Last year, I went to a bazaar in Mexico City to pick up a Kanzen Henkei-type figure I bought via Whatsapp. Before the seller gave me the figure, there were like 4 or 5 guys trying to get it. Fortunately for me, the deal was already done.

Anyway, here are pictures of a custom VF-1A along with a picture of bootleg and knock-off VF-1Ss and a VF-1S Super  Valkyrie created with parts of the Convertors toy line.

Regards

VF1A1.jpeg

VF1A2.jpeg

VF1A3.jpeg

VF1Js.jpeg

SuperA.jpeg

SuperB.jpeg

SuperC.jpeg

Just noticed on that matchbox super armor, that the boosters have that same little angle change on the front/top of the missile pod that the takatoku super armor has

Has anyone done a side by side of the 2 armor pieces? How similar are they? Wonder about the panel lines too...

4 hours ago, Shawn said:

Just noticed on that matchbox super armor, that the boosters have that same little angle change on the front/top of the missile pod that the takatoku super armor has

Has anyone done a side by side of the 2 armor pieces? How similar are they? Wonder about the panel lines too...

Given how much it copied the original Takatoku, I would bet it's pretty close, just enlarged and simplified.  We do know that it can be converted to full variable (just super ugly).

1 hour ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Quick question.

Given that this thread was started in 2005, what is considered "old school" now in 2020 that weren't considered "old school" back when this thread was created?

Since the thread is intended for Macross-only toys, the implication for "old school" means mainly toys from the SDFM/DYRL era....I personally would also include M7/M+ era toys but there were hardly that many released...

Macross toys started being released in 1982 and kept coming out through 1985....you can then count the Robotech Toys and that pushes things through 1986 or so....a few releases, like Bandai's 1990 VF-1S reboot.....then there is a dry spell until around the time M7 debuts and around 7 or so actual transforming toys (special editions included) get released with a handful of carded "figurines"....IMO that ends the "old school" era

Edited by jvmacross

Never heard of anyone citing visual or engineering inferiority to "modern" versions as a qualifying factor for being considered "Old School"....they are "Old" toys made with "Old" engineering and design processes by default not by choice........should expense/market value/rarity also be considered to define "Old School" status?...:rolleyes:

22 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Speaking of this one... just put a deposit down for LEK to customize the Matchbox 1/3000 SDF-1. August 2022 haha.

B3BE9260-5AB2-4900-9BD1-D2D2C30B1B27.jpeg

Can’t wait to see what he does with it.  Will he only cell shade or do some custom modifications?

3 hours ago, Mog said:

Does it still count as “old school,” if you modded and customized the ever-loving snot out of it?

3809665C-E443-4AA9-9663-3706CE7A2CEF.jpeg.c51c7845dc8cf7b5f26f239bcf30d896.jpeg

When did Bandai announce this?  :rolleyes:

Looks fantastic!  And yes, just the right amount of "old school" still left in it...:good:

How much?