Roys Death

KingNor

After watching the SDF episode where Roy dies again, I got the impression that he didn't actually drop dead in Claudias living room and that he just collapsed.

I think now that there was probably a fairly lengthy time before he actually died and when he collapsed too.

My reason is basicly, they changed the setting to very dark (usually a stark change like that is to try and show time passing) and the fact he was disrobed in a hospital bed.

Usually i think medics only rip open clothes to perform emergency medical work at the last minute, i don't think they undress and bed people that are DOA.

Just my thoughts. I hope thats the way it played out because i'd always thought Roys death was written a bit oddly.

thoughts?

Edited by KingNor

After watching the SDF episode where Roy dies again, I got the impression that he didn't actually drop dead in Claudias living room and that he just collapsed.

I think now that there was probably a fairly lengthy time before he actually died and when he collapsed too.

My reason is basicly, they changed the setting to very dark (usually a stark change like that is to try and show time passing)  and the fact he was disrobed in a hospital bed.

Usually i think medics  only rip open clothes to perform emergency medical work at the last minute, i don't think they undress and bed people that are DOA.

Just my thoughts.  I hope thats the way it played out because i'd always thought Roys death was written a bit oddly.

thoughts?

314281[/snapback]

It's a reasonable look at things.

As I recall, the doctor's also telling Claduia that there was too much bleeding, indicating that they did work.

I don't think he was ever intended to have just dropped dead immediatly.

yeah I can see that although a lot of thinngs in Macross are messed up and only happen for the story's sake, since Roys cockpit was all shot up and no one bothered to look for him, where was his crew chief or a a team of medics to rush him to sick bay.

we should just believe he got back changed out of his fligth suit, slaped a bandage, went to Claudias place and croaked in her living room.

Indeed <_<

Garoquel

yeah I can see that although a lot of thinngs in Macross are messed up and only happen for the story's sake, since Roys cockpit was all shot up and no one bothered to look for him, where was his crew chief or a a team of medics to rush him to sick bay.

we should just believe he got back changed out of his fligth suit, slaped a bandage, went to Claudias place and croaked in her living room.

Indeed  <_<

Garoquel

314560[/snapback]

They didn't know he'd taken flak.

Valk maintainence presumably doesn't occur until after the jets have cooled down a bit, so by the time the maintenence guys climbed up and peeked in his cockpit, he was already passed out at Claudia's place.

And yet there were no holes in the couch after he fell off of it.. :p

I'd think with the bulletholes in his back someone would have seen them when he was driving around beforehand, after he got out of his fighter. I don't recal him seeing a doctor at all after he was injured in combat.

Edited by Boxer

Roy was shot while sitting on the couch... how do you think the holes are on his officer uniform not on his flightsuit backpack?  ;)  :D

314581[/snapback]

GASP! THE SPIES DID IT!

Why did I never catch that?

314588[/snapback]

It was to keep him from singing, if you've heard him sing, you'd shoot him in the back too. it's a wonder Reba West is still alive.

Roy was shot while sitting on the couch... how do you think the holes are on his officer uniform not on his flightsuit backpack?  ;)  :D

314581[/snapback]

GASP! THE SPIES DID IT!

314588[/snapback]

It was to keep him from singing, if you've heard him sing, you'd shoot him in the back too. it's a wonder Reba West is still alive.

314590[/snapback]

Ah. Well, as long as it was for a good cause.

314581[/snapback]

GASP! THE SPIES DID IT!

314588[/snapback]

314590[/snapback]

Ah. Well, as long as it was for a good cause.

314595[/snapback]

hell yeah... after his death they donated his gonads to Hikaru... that's how come Hikaru stop being such a little kid.

Edited by >EXO<

314581[/snapback]

GASP! THE SPIES DID IT!

314588[/snapback]

I think it was Lynn Kyle. Just because he was that much of a jerk. :angry:

314581[/snapback]

GASP! THE SPIES DID IT!

314588[/snapback]

314590[/snapback]

funnypost.gif

In the italian dub, is said to hikaru that Roy died in the hospital, don't know how much is correct.

314647[/snapback]

In the original script he is told that Roy died in the very same hospital that Hikaru was in at the moment.

Guest Bromgrev

314581[/snapback]

Were those actually holes? Or just blood soaking through from inside the jacket? Not to derail the conspiracy theories.

Still my favourite death, though. B))

If anyone knows, just for info sake (if anyone flew in the service), what is the standard thing to do after a combat pilot lands?

I.E. are they supposed to be debriefed first, checked over by a medic, do they go over the condition of their plane on their own, write a report, etc?

I'm guessing there has to be a standard set of things to do. I know competitive boxers are required to be checked out by a doctor after each fight no matter how long the fight was and how lightly the guy got knocked around.

Just curious in general.

314615[/snapback]

As far as I know, though I was in the Army but I am looking at this from a helicoptors pilots point, they might be close They have to go though a AAR, After Action Report changed uniforms at the same time slaping on a badage, and heded to see Claudia

Edited by Goshawk

314581[/snapback]

Were those actually holes? Or just blood soaking through from inside the jacket? Not to derail the conspiracy theories.

314653[/snapback]

I think they actually drew holes, but only to make sure you know that he got shot... it'd be weird if it was just blood stains.bscap054.jpg

Edited by >EXO<

314581[/snapback]

GASP! THE SPIES DID IT!

314588[/snapback]

I think it was Lynn Kyle. Just because he was that much of a jerk. :angry:

314598[/snapback]

then he went back in time and killed JFK.

I am currently in the airforce and I know that after any opertion big or small, especially a battle that u would have to fill out an after action repoort, as well as get debriefed, so my guess is he snuck off cause he did know he was going to die, and he wanted to see claudia before he passed

Given it was Roy, he may've just ducked out on principle. :p

(admittedly, it'd be hard to miss that you had 3 bloody holes in your back while you were changing clothes, though)

Edited by JB0

Whoa JBO you're still up at this time of night?

315003[/snapback]

I'm up at all times of night.

Besides, it wasn't even 10 here when you posted that. :p

I lie. Time stamps are off by an hour(DAMN YOU DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME!).

Either way , though... I'm very much a night person.

Edited by JB0

314581[/snapback]

314653[/snapback]

I think they actually drew holes, but only to make sure you know that he got shot... it'd be weird if it was just blood stains.bscap054.jpg

314941[/snapback]

those holes are kindda small if he was hit by a zentraedi mecha's weapon directly? or are they more likely shrapnel wounds? :unsure:

314581[/snapback]

314653[/snapback]

I think they actually drew holes, but only to make sure you know that he got shot... it'd be weird if it was just blood stains.

http://site.voila.fr/kami.no.namida/bscap054.jpg

314941[/snapback]

those holes are kindda small if he was hit by a zentraedi mecha's weapon directly? or are they more likely shrapnel wounds? :unsure:

315077[/snapback]

I thought it was implied they were shrapnel wounds.

Particularly as the location of the wounds means they'd've had to shoot through a good chunk of plane fuselage to hit him.

Untill I saw the series again I always thought that it was Miriya who killed him :unsure: . They aired that episode cut when I was a kid (including the fight inside the ship between Max and Miriya).

Poor Miriya, I hated her for nothing.

• 2 weeks later...
Untill I saw the series again I always thought that it was Miriya who killed him  :unsure: . They aired that episode cut when I was a kid (including the fight inside the ship between Max and Miriya).

Poor Miriya, I hated her for nothing.

315601[/snapback]

I always thought the same thing. It seemed perfectly logical that she would have picked out Roy while looking for the greatest enemy pilot, then only after he was defeated so easily realized that it wasn't him. Now I'm going to have to rewatch that episode to see what did happen when he got hit.

But I never had any ill feelings towards her - it ain't like Roy went out like a sucka.

(and certainly not in DYRL?)

• 2 weeks later...

great piloting = not crashing

getting shot down in war = random.

living through war is luck, not skill in MOST cases. most likely roy was shot by random bullets that wern't even meant for him.