James Doohan dies at age 85,

the flight engineer was a good series to read...

he will be missed for more than that... but that alone was enough for me.

As parting consolation I will treasure his books much more tha any of nimoys broadway of kirks comercials :unsure:

312920[/snapback]

I didn't realize he had written books...were they a fiction series, or perhaps a non-fiction series based on his time as a RCAF pilot?

Off the top of my head, Nimoy, Shatner, .....crap Sulu I keep forgetting his name......and maybe this rusky :p god I love dat rusky!

312754[/snapback]

Sulu is Georce Takei.

Chekov is...

I dunno.

312763[/snapback]

Walter Keonig, and you call yourself a fan, hmmm. where have I read that one from? :D

Off the top of my head, Nimoy, Shatner, .....crap Sulu I keep forgetting his name......and maybe this rusky :p god I love dat rusky!

312754[/snapback]

Sulu is Georce Takei.

Chekov is...

I dunno.

312763[/snapback]

Walter Keonig, and you call yourself a fan, hmmm. where have I read that one from? :D

312943[/snapback]

But I knew Takei!

Besides, I'm through stabbing myself with plastic swords. Dun even have a Star Wars figure around to try it with.

312754[/snapback]

Sulu is Georce Takei.

Chekov is...

I dunno.

312763[/snapback]

312943[/snapback]

But I knew Takei!

Besides, I'm through stabbing myself with plastic swords. Dun even have a Star Wars figure around to try it with.

312947[/snapback]

LOL!!! :lol:

To all of you who brought the liberal vs conservative and who hates who crap here, YOU'RE ALL FULL OF IT!

This is a thread to remember the dead! Not to bring your petty bullcrap! :angry:

Guest Bromgrev

One of my (few) favourite moments in STNG was the rescue of Scotty from transporter limbo. The holodeck sequence with the old Enterprise bridge was classic. Almost made me nostalgic.

Ashes scattered in orbit - hope he gets his wish.

the flight engineer was a good series to read...

he will be missed for more than that... but that alone was enough for me.

As parting consolation I will treasure his books much more tha any of nimoys broadway of kirks comercials :unsure:

312920[/snapback]

I didn't realize he had written books...were they a fiction series, or perhaps a non-fiction series based on his time as a RCAF pilot?

312924[/snapback]

doohan and s.m. stirling did "the flight engineer" series. book one is caled "the rising". It's a sci-fi series about a flight engineer, go figure :rolleyes: . Really good read along the lines of webers honor harrington series or cards ender saga. Interstellar war, political intrigue, real science, aliens, etc.

well worth looking for in the library next time your there, or even spending money on... which is something my cheap ass rarely says ;)