Jotun Valkyrie

I thought the Jotun was only an experimental cross bred craft?? One-of-a-kind, or something or other.

Looking at the last episode of Macross, a Jotun appears with a wierd looking shield. It is just before the Ging-eng (chinese version subtitled) rams the Macross in a last ditch effort to destroy it.

I would like to show you guys a pic but I have been trying to get a screen cap but have not been successful.

Whatever you want to call it...

It does appear in Macross twice.

I thought this was a R-Tec thing, but I guess SK had planned for it orginally. Also, if someone give a quick tutorial on how to get a screen cap there is something else i wasn't too sure about until now.

Little help here.

Whatever you want to call it...

It does appear in Macross twice.

I thought this was a R-Tec thing, but I guess SK had planned for it orginally.Ā  Also, if someone give a quick tutorial on how to get a screen cap there is something else i wasn't too sure about until now.

Little help here.

312403[/snapback]

I think it shows up a good half-dozen times, at least.

It's in basically every scene where a destroid on the Macross bites it, because they reused the same sequence for every kill.

And it wasn't really an official valk variant. Just an in-joke like the beercan missiles.

I thought this was a R-Tec thing, but I guess SK had planned for it orginally.

Harmony Gold did no new animation, they just edited the existing animation and dialogue. I believe many of the animators and such behind Macross also worked on Orguss. I think someone once posted Orguss screenshots of a scene where crates were being unloaded in a warehouse, the crates themselves labled VF-1J or something like that.

The Orguss Valkyrie itself is a cross between a Valkyrie and an Orguss, hence the name. Just an animation joke, nothing more. There's plenty more in the series and movies, such as the already mentioned beer and sake missles, Macrossonalds, Hikaru's VF-1D crashing into Tatsunoko, Artland, and Studio Nu, with the Studio Nu mascot's expression changing as it's hit by the Valkyrie.

Also, if someone give a quick tutorial on how to get a screen cap there is something else i wasn't too sure about until now.

Little help here.

312403[/snapback]

It depends on the player your using. Currently im using BS PLayer 1.2, it has the screen capturing option built in. OR you could try the old fashion way: USE MS PLayer make sure it in the full window and when the scene you want to capture comes along press the "Print Screen" key in your keyboard then paste it on either MS-paint or some other photo editor program.

The Orguss Valkyrie itself is a cross between a Valkyrie and an Orguss, hence the name. Just an animation joke, nothing more. There's plenty more in the series and movies, such as the already mentioned beer and sake missles, Macrossonalds, Hikaru's VF-1D crashing into Tatsunoko, Artland, and Studio Nu, with the Studio Nu mascot's expression changing as it's hit by the Valkyrie.

312447[/snapback]

Dont forget Captain Harlock's jolly roger which appears on one of the zentradi ships in "Love Drifts away"

Edited by Father Jack

Also, if someone give a quick tutorial on how to get a screen cap there is something else i wasn't too sure about until now.

Little help here.

312403[/snapback]

It depends on the player your using. Currently im using BS PLayer 1.2, it has the screen capturing option built in. OR you could try the old fashion way: USE MS PLayer make sure it in the full window and when the scene you want to capture comes along press the "Print Screen" key in your keyboard then paste it on either MS-paint or some other photo editor program.

312468[/snapback]

I always just turned the graphics acceleration down in the display control panel.

I thought this was a R-Tec thing, but I guess SK had planned for it orginally.

Harmony Gold did no new animation, they just edited the existing animation and dialogue. I believe many of the animators and such behind Macross also worked on Orguss. I think someone once posted Orguss screenshots of a scene where crates were being unloaded in a warehouse, the crates themselves labled VF-1J or something like that.

312447[/snapback]

Of course the Orguss people recipricated with a brief picture of Misa naked in ep. 1 or 2.

There are at least 2 Orguss Valkyries in service. One was seen during the final battle of Space War I. The second was seen during Kamjin Kravashera's suicide run against the SDF-1. Both were shown destroyed during these battles. The same fotage was used for both scenes, just the backgrounds were changed (one was in space, one in an atmosphere) and the images flipped for the second scene. This is not to say there weren't more than 2 Orguss Valks, just that only 2 were seen.

There are at least 2 Orguss Valkyries in service. One was seen during the final battle of Space War I. The second was seen during Kamjin Kravashera's suicide run against the SDF-1. Both were shown destroyed during these battles. The same fotage was used for both scenes, just the backgrounds were changed (one was in space, one in an atmosphere) and the images flipped for the second scene. This is not to say there weren't more than 2 Orguss Valks, just that only 2 were seen.

317905[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure that scene was used way more than twice.

It was a stock animation sequence, so almost every time some destroids got scrapped, so did an Orguss Valk.

317905[/snapback]

I think they showed it 3 times. Twice one way and then with the scene flipped but it's been a while.