The 2005 San Diego Comic Con Thread

I couldn't go(hopefully next year so I can go apply to all the comic companies) :) , BUT

ringofcollectors.com(the site I'm part of aka ROC), is there! Well the admin Brian Santore, and I think a few others are there, but not all of us could make it.

Anyways Brian's got some really good shots up, and he's got a few closeups or Mattel's DC Superheroes 6" line! It is comprised of a wave of Batman figures, and Superman for wave 2, with a bunch of other Dc heroes in later waves! THe articulation is not overdone like Marvel Legends, think SOTA Street fighter only a little less. THe Sculpts are ALL by 4H(4 Hoursemen, who used to sculpt for Mcfarlane, then went to mattel to do MOTU aka He-Man). The batman in the first wave is a golden age batman in blue and gray and resembles the Neal Adam's batman from the 60's. Also although it is a retool of the overseas only Batsignal Batman, it has armor attack Batman's legs, and a new head! This looks like a great batman figure, also pictured are Bane and Scarecrow(from the overseas waves), and AZRAEL! Bizarro and Superman are pictured...the one with the daily planet base is the ALL NEW MOLD superman! This is a semi continuation of the comic batman line, IMHO the comic line did not die, instead it evolved into a DC all star line! And do not worry about case assortments, Inside Traitor(who posts@ROC and works for mattel, has fought long and hard for this line to start, not to mention the case assortments for the the JLU and the Batman were pretty even, and båd cases ruined MOTU and the batman comic line in the USA, so mattel DEFINITELY learned their lesson.(Although I will admit...Ducard is VERY hard to find in the Batman movie line!).

Each figure comes in a blister box, and EACH and all come with a comic book, AND a base. So yes in a lot of ways not only is this THEE DC line a lot of us were hoping for, for a long time, BUT it is kind of like DC/Mattel's answer to Marvel/Toybiz' Marvel Legends figures. This is something we have needed and wanted for a long time. The sculpts are great, the articulation is GREAT!

Most figures have

-Head, shoulder, bicep, elbow, wrist, ball joint t hips(does not look look like a ball joint at all but works like one...similar to 4H's He-man figures, THIGH swivel, knees, and ankle articulation!

The release date is spring 06.

I also learned this while reading through the ROC forums

-4H have their OWN toyline unveiled! Magma Corps

-Marvel Legends series 13 will be VERY villain heavy

-Marvel legends series 12 will have a buildable 16" Apocalypse.

-Iron Fist is in series 12

-Marvel Superhero Showdown(the 4" scale figures) is selling well but toybiz is interested in how many reorders they get from retailers.

-A transformers mystery item is to be unveiled THIS afternoon I believe@3pm(IF hasbro continues to go with the plans..there was a leak earlier this week of Primus and Soundwave CG renders from Cybertron and some of the TF sites are pointing fingers at each other and such. Not to mention Hasbro sometimes pulls things from shows if leaks happens. But I think most likely we will see what is to be unveiled(which a lot of people think IS the Primus toy itself).

-Sideshow collectibles scored the license to do 12" Star Wars figures! They are looking in to the old trilogy AND expanded universe aside from the´prequels!

-DC Direct and Mattel are working togethere to see which characters each company can make(for example if Mattel wants to make a certain Batman or Green Lantern they have to be sure the release does not come into conflict with DC Direct's version, vice versa...its said that DC Direct will mainly focus on specific artist renditions while Mattel will go for the modern era stuff).

-Toynamis BETA fighter is there.

And theres a lot more stuff! Gijoe Sigma 6 is on display as weell as the new online only Gijoes, and Hasbro is to have some panels today where they show off future plans and more toys(like that one time 2 years ago where everyone was asking about masterpiece prime and had only seen the gray japanese resin proto, and then out of nowhere under the table duriing the panel, Aaron Archer pulled out Masterpiece Prime and showed him off).

Head on over to ringofcollectors.com, they've got a special SDCC section with live coverage!

Brian Santore's got some really good pics up there and info as well!

And while your at it, head on over to our forums, www.rocuniverse.com, and join are forums! I mod there in the world of imports section, and do import breakdowns as well!(My gundam ones should be frontpaged soon).

And to those at SDCC,

ENJOY and have fun! So excited about that DC comic line...drool

:p

ok. Now we wait for your pics :)

Frak me. I LIVE in San Diego yet because of work I'll miss the 'Con again...I'd seriously consider bailing if more of you guys were attending it...

Frak me.  I LIVE in San Diego yet because of work I'll miss the 'Con again...I'd seriously consider bailing if more of you guys were attending it...

311219[/snapback]

Hey myk, who's that girl ? I love her boo.. er smile :p:lol:

Frak me.  I LIVE in San Diego yet because of work I'll miss the 'Con again...I'd seriously consider bailing if more of you guys were attending it...

311219[/snapback]

I live in San Diego and attended this year on Friday. Only one day for me. I always feel depressed this month, every year since i don't go to Anime Expo anymore up in LA.

I didn't really check out much of the american stuff, but one booth had some really nice artbooks.

The Macross Design Works, Macross Zero and the various Range Murata books were tempting me to just give the vendor my wallet and take them all.

Some of you might have seen me, I was the hispanic guy wearing all black with a dutch fisherman's cap with a red, soviet star on it.

Edited by Tekkaman Blade

Caved in and got red-Meister at the sdcc for $45:

sdcc056vh.th.jpg

The kewlest freebies at sdcc-05:

kewlloot1reverse2ub.th.jpg kewlloot19hr.th.jpg

Alot more people this year than last year's, but the cosplayers didn't really impress me this year. Bunch of Narutards wearing their headbands and the regular StarWars-fanakins.

Tiffany Taylor was charging $10 if you want to take a pic of her with you.

Stacy Keibler was HOTTER!

Nothing much else today at sdcc. CPM has a $10/dvd sale going on at their booth. Including NuTech stuff, too, iirc. MediaBlasters were doing a $20/dvd on their titles next to CPM's booth. The upcoming Gundam-Seed game was somehow interesting, but pretty much meh. The Evil-Dead: Regeneration, Zatch-Bell and Inuyasha games were more interesting. All PS/2-games.

The robotech Beta-fighter/mecha look ugly and stupid up close.

Here are some toy pics I took at the Con.

b-wing01.jpg

(When replying to this quote, please remove all legovader01.jpg

(When replying to this quote, please remove all jubeichan01.jpg

(When replying to this quote, please remove all mizuho01.jpg

(When replying to this quote, please remove all mizuho02.jpg

(When replying to this quote, please remove all tags before posting)

And here are some people I met at the Con.

ddp01.jpg

Wrestling fans and people who enjoyed Rob Zombie's The Devil's Rejects flocked to the ReelMarks Studios booth to get their picture taken with DDP and hold the real World Heavyweight Championship belt.

(When replying to this quote, please remove all amyallen01.jpg

That blue Jedi chick is still hotter in person than on screen.

(When replying to this quote, please remove all tiffanytaylor01.jpg

This is actually the third time I met Tiffany (I saw her at last year's Con and the recent Wizard World Con). Still my favorite Playmate. :wub:

(When replying to this quote, please remove all tags before posting)

Tiffany :wub: You're lucky guy !!!

It's a damn shame.

I lived in San Diego for twenty one years and NOT ONCE did I attend the Comic Con! (I live in the D.C. area now.) :(

Well, I am planning to return to S.D. permaneantly if my company sends me or if I find a new company.

I just heard that the Beta/Tread shown at the Comic Con was painted... pictures, anyone? :)

311641[/snapback]

Was that the giant Veritech at the con? I thought that was an Alpha fighter, but then again, I haven't watched New Generation in years.

311646[/snapback]

It was yet another poorly sculpted statue from the folks at Toynami. I have a pic, but it'll be a while before I can post it.

Ahh, cool!  I LOVE Blade Of The Immortal!

311707[/snapback]

me too... damn yamato... they're hitting all the properties I like... there must be a chip in my brain or something. Where's my Serenity toy then... screw that, where's my nekkid Saffron figure?