What was the name of that book?

KingNor

It was in the old forums but i guess the topic is gone.

I remember it had lots of nice images of valkyries. it was like a valkyrie painting book or something.

what was the title and info? a friend of mine is in japan and can get it for me pretty cheap.

It was in the old forums but i  guess the topic is gone.

I remember it had lots of nice images of valkyries.  it was like a valkyrie painting book or something.

what was the title and info?  a friend of mine is in japan and can get it for me pretty cheap.

310687[/snapback]

Do you mean the Hidetaka Tenjin Valkyries book?. If so, then, those are not paintings, they are all digital images.

awesome book...glad its part of my collection.

i did see a new (?) lineart book for Macross and Orgus...anyone have that one?

310734[/snapback]

I think you're referring to the Miyatake Design Works book. I saw it at MWCon, and it was meh, mostly b&w pics of the SDF1 etc. Unless you're a HUGE fan of the SDF1, and Orguss, I would pass it by.

Saw both books at Kinokuniya book store in Japantown in San Francisco the other day.

The Miyatake book is indeed meh, unless you read Japanese (in which case, who knows, maybe there are some great insights and recollections). About the only thing that interested me were the pictures of the Zentradi mecha from Macross Plus. Also some stuff from M7 and the video games, like the Konig Monster. But everything else (or virtually everything) is already in Perfect Memory.

The Tenjin book is indeed very nice to look at but I didn't bite for the price.

If your friend can find it in Japan for you, it's about 4000 yen.

Which is about $35 or $36 US.

I picked it up when it first came out and am glad i did.

Awesome! Probably the best Macross book i got!

I agree with ol Lebhead that it ranks up there with the Kawamori Design Works.

Hey i remember hearing a while back that the Kawamori book was going to get updated. Any new info about that?

awesome book...glad its part of my collection.

i did see a new (?) lineart book for Macross and Orgus...anyone have that one?

310734[/snapback]

I think you're referring to the Miyatake Design Works book. I saw it at MWCon, and it was meh, mostly b&w pics of the SDF1 etc. Unless you're a HUGE fan of the SDF1, and Orguss, I would pass it by.

310737[/snapback]

The Miyatake book is lacking because Shawn, Egan and Tommy Yune have bought most the Macross original line art from Japan... :lol: