Battlestar Galactica Viper Mark II

I have one....it's made by a man named Frank Cearney(not sure if I spelled it correctly) and few other guys can't remember there names at the moment :( the call themselves FM models I believe. The picture you posted isn't of the actual model...that was the CGI rendering of the Mk II.

Here is a picture of my nearly finished Viper. :)

Chris

post-265-1121345775_thumb.jpg

and what does this have to do with macross???  i know it is modeling forums but for macross items.

310643[/snapback]

My aoplogies - I thought that other people might be interested in this topic.

I didn't know where to put it, so I chose the modeling forum (since it was a model kit).

Oh well.

and what does this have to do with macross???  i know it is modeling forums but for macross items.

310643[/snapback]

Uhm, it has to do with the fact that 90% of the people are Sci-Fi fans in general, and most of the ones who model have been dying for this kit????

Sarensaas Posted Today, 07:00 PM

It would be cool if Ertl or Revell-Monogram would come out with a plastic kit version of the MK-II. Battlestar Galactica is getting pretty popular, so maybe they have taken notice.

I heard that!! I'd love to have an MPC VIPER MK-II, that would be really nice!

310643[/snapback]

Uhm, it has to do with the fact that 90% of the people are Sci-Fi fans in general, and most of the ones who model have been dying for this kit????

310765[/snapback]

Dont get me wrong it is a nice model. but the section this thread is in now is correct spot for this thread and the model section is for macross models only.

The MK VII is on the way, they are still working on it. I really love the MK VII, I hope it gets more screen time this season They have updated the CGI models and gave it more detail so maybe we'll se more of them! The MK II does kick butt though too!!!

Chris

Guest Bromgrev
It would be cool if Ertl or Revell-Monogram would come out with a plastic kit version of the MK-II. Battlestar Galactica is getting pretty popular, so maybe they have taken notice.
If Revell put out a Mk.II or a Mk.VII, there would be four more models on my workbench. :blink:

God I hate ERTL... Their Star Wars & Startrek kits were catatrophes, ever single one of them.

Why do they get EVERY studio contract in the US? B5, Star Wars, Star Trek, Airwolf! Many more I'm missing... and their kits were always crap!

Has the quality of their product at least kept pace with the rest of the industry? Or are they still putting out that thick, mishappen crap?

310643[/snapback]

310765[/snapback]

Hmm..isn't this also the "Other Anime or Science Fiction" section of the 'Forums? Macross of all things doesn't belong here-everything else does...

My only problem with that kit is that it's WAAAAY overpriced.  I got TWO Viper MK Is from MJ for less than the cost of ONE of those MK IIs.  And the MK II is smaller.  Oh well.

311032[/snapback]

I agree about the price issue...I have both, but the MK II is slightly larger and more robust.

Chris

• 1 year later...

Hi guys.

After doing a little search in te forum I found this topic.

I am looking for something like this I mean a MKII viper from galactica,

since I ever have seen one of this models in real life here in sweden i wondering if someone of you

can point me in the right direction to purchase one ,not to pricey , about the scale I dont know but I think

1/24 or 1/48 will be to prefered. I have seen a few in ebay but they are plastic models 1/12 I think.

I will like one in resin like the dobber have in this page.

greatmoose were can I find this MJ company?

Your information will be aprecciated.

thanks

God I hate ERTL... Their Star Wars & Startrek kits were catatrophes, ever single one of them.

Why do they get EVERY studio contract in the US? B5, Star Wars, Star Trek, Airwolf! Many more I'm missing... and their kits were always crap!

Has the quality of their product at least kept pace with the rest of the industry? Or are they still putting out that thick, mishappen crap?

I agree-we need Dragon or Academy to do 1/32 or 1/24 scale styrene plastic kits of the MK II & MK VII Vipers.That would rock. :)

Monogram got the rights to B5 and Voyager and the few kits they made were rather good. Ertl on the other claw "INHERITED" the bad star wars and star trek molds from MPC and AMT respectively when ertl bought both companies out in the 80s. Dont blame ERTL. Their post buyout efforts (Reliant, Enterprise E, Enterprise C, Shadows of the empire VIRAGO, to name a few) were worlds better than the 70s and early 80s stuff. Even their EP III kits are well made. If ERTL or Monogram were to pick up the BSG license i think any kits produced by them would actually be well made and accurately detailed.

Monogram got the rights to B5 and Voyager and the few kits they made were rather good. Ertl on the other claw "INHERITED" the bad star wars and star trek molds from MPC and AMT respectively when ertl bought both companies out in the 80s. Dont blame ERTL. Their post buyout efforts (Reliant, Enterprise E, Enterprise C, Shadows of the empire VIRAGO, to name a few) were worlds better than the 70s and early 80s stuff. Even their EP III kits are well made. If ERTL or Monogram were to pick up the BSG license i think any kits produced by them would actually be well made and accurately detailed.

The ERTL Tie fighter twin pack looked like it could have been tooled by Hasegawa. And I wonder if they did get the upper crust toolmakers for that kit.

As for new BSG kits...

Wait for it.

Yeah, thanks for the heads up, COBYWAN! I've been thinking about getting my hands on the 1/72 VIPER MK II from BLACK SUN MODELS, but I think I'm gonna wait until I see these new styrene kits for myself. They might turn out to be cheaper than the resin kit, too, so that's another reason for me to wait before I make my buy :D !

The MKII from Federation Models is far superior. It's a total gem. It's well worth what they are charging. I can say that you will be waiting for a while on new Galactica stuff. November should be the month for an announcement. Developement will begin after that. I can't wait for this to go into motion.

Cobywan is write abuot the federation models version. I own 2 of them plus the FM Mk II and the ill fated 1/48th sci-fi version and the 1/72 fed Mk II is IMHO the best most acuurate of the lot! Now when F and M realease their updated MK II it looks like that one will take the cake as the best of the bunch! Oh yeah, the F&M Viper is actually largerthan 1/24, probably closer to 1/20. I always thought that the Black Sun version looked too fat. It's a little cheaper though, but not by much and the Federation (sci-hi) version is soooo much better IMHO.

Chris

P.S. If anyone is interested, here are some pictures of my 1/24 scale MK VII. I was one of the few to be lucky enough to get the kit before the seller had some family problems. :(

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...8501&st=120

it's post 135.

Edited by Dobber

• 1 month later...

Nothing compares to the FM Falcon except maybe th 32 Master Replicas Falcon that goes for $2500. If you wan't to make the OLD MPC Falcon (The Falcon model you mention is actually from the '70's and the cutaway was a modification of the same kit.) to look good you will have to fork out $100 for the resin detail upgrades.