Multiple screen names....

Hi all,

Isn't having multiple screen names on the forum against the rules? It's just that there's this...erm... person with a website that is never completed that seems to have a new screen name every month to taunt us with his locked images of things he didnt design himself ;) , and it seems rather annoying.... :lol:

What's up with this?

Edited by promethuem5

Honestly, what the hell is up with the hate for Nanashi?

It's his website, he can do whatever he wants with it. If he doesn't update it.. that his business, not yours. I don't see you or anyone else who's etting on WJ/Nanashi's case making your own website, so you have absolutely no right to criticize him.

As for the pictures thing, I don't agree with the way he handles his picture "protection" but unless you're an idiot and can't figure out MS Paint or basic web browser functions, it's not really an issue.

In short, he's contributed a whole hell of a lot more to this forum than anyone who's bitching about him, so unless you whiners start putting up you should just shut up.

It's his website, he can do whatever he wants with it. If he doesn't update it.. that his business, not yours. I don't see you or anyone else who's etting on WJ/Nanashi's case making your own website, so you have absolutely no right to criticize him.

As for the pictures thing, I don't agree with the way he handles his picture "protection" but unless you're an idiot and can't figure out MS Paint or basic web browser functions, it's not really an issue.

In short, he's contributed a whole hell of a lot more to this forum than anyone who's bitching about him, so unless you whiners start putting up you should just shut up.

If I weren't above such things, I'd start making scans, watermarking them, uploading them, and linking them just to annoy people.

It's not really that I'm above it as much as that I'm lazy.

It's not the 'to each his own' part, it's the 'to me my own, whilest I wave them all in front of you and act so high and mighty about it' that bugs me.

it bugs you cuz you're petty... stop brown nosing the other haters. Kiss their ass in PMs if you have to. I'm sure they'll love you for it.

It's not the 'to each his own' part, it's the 'to me my own, whilest I wave them all in front of you and act so high and mighty about it' that bugs me.

How is he acting all high and mighty? You just sound angry because you can't figure out how to get around his rudimentery methods of "protection."

You'll probably chill down a lot once you learn how to not be outsmarted by basic CSS tags. ;)

month to taunt us with his locked images of things he didnt design himself ;) , and it seems rather annoying.... :lol:

What's up with this?

If he didn't design them then there's probably other sources of the images for you to use now aren't there?

Google image search. It's a great thing.

While I can't speak for these supposed "haters", I can offer an explanation why some feel the need to post harsh criticism.

I myself once ran a website and know what kind of work is involved. I'm also of the opinion that if you can't invest the time and effort required to keep a website current ("current" being no more than 6 months between major updates), it's probably best to close the website or hand it over to the willing. My website ran for a year, then I got busy, moved to a new city and basically started a new life. After six months with very little updated and only token additions, I decided to close it.

From the viewpoint of a former website operator, the MacrossMecha website appears to be in a vicious circle. Like many a MOD project for beloved PC games, the project is in constant revision with no significant progress ever made. A perpetual work in progress, never finalized nor produced for proper enjoyment as a whole.

This is only my observation and I really have no ill-will towards Nanashi or his website. I do enjoy the small, infrequent updates and postings, but I have also categorized the site as trivia. I don't take it seriously because the operator does not take it seriously; therefore the site is given its due attention. I understand the possible legalities associated with Macross fansites and I'm sure that whatever way in which Nanashi chooses to run his website is well justified. I wish only the best for anyone who tries to create, but reality is a different story.

Perhaps most of the "haters" are not so understanding and apathetic as myself, so they engage in a more...active role to communicate their opinions and criticisms.

Hope this helps explain.

Let it go, too many of the members around here weren't around since the beginning, they wouldn't understand.

he's been here so long he forgot it's a Macross website... now he thinks it's Togoworld...

While I can't speak for these supposed "haters", I can offer an explanation why some feel the need to post harsh criticism.

I myself once ran a website and know what kind of work is involved. I'm also of the opinion that if you can't invest the time and effort required to keep a website current ("current" being no more than 6 months between major updates), it's probably best to close the website or hand it over to the willing. My website ran for a year, then I got busy, moved to a new city and basically started a new life. After six months with very little updated and only token additions, I decided to close it.

From the viewpoint of a former website operator, the MacrossMecha website appears to be in a vicious circle. Like many a MOD project for beloved PC games, the project is in constant revision with no significant progress ever made. A perpetual work in progress, never finalized nor produced for proper enjoyment as a whole.

This is only my observation and I really have no ill-will towards Nanashi or his website. I do enjoy the small, infrequent updates and postings, but I have also categorized the site as trivia. I don't take it seriously because the operator does not take it seriously; therefore the site is given its due attention. I understand the possible legalities associated with Macross fansites and I'm sure that whatever way in which Nanashi chooses to run his website is well justified. I wish only the best for anyone who tries to create, but reality is a different story.

Perhaps most of the "haters" are not so understanding and apathetic as myself, so they engage in a more...active role to communicate their opinions and criticisms.

Hope this helps explain.

Yeah, that explains a lot...

If a person doesn't ride his bike as often they should sell it too or else have people bug him for not using it... especially the older bike riders. :rolleyes:

Let it go, too many of the members around here weren't around since the beginning, they wouldn't understand.

he's been here so long he forgot it's a Macross website... now he thinks it's Togoworld...

:lol:

That's awesome.

That's awesome.

:lol::lol::lol:

I know!!!

I totally agree with what you say, as I've had websites myself and eventually life just gets in the way and you run out of time.

What I don't understand is the animosity towards him because of his website. No one is forcing these peopel to view Nanashi's website. Nanashi is not trying to charge people to view his website. These "haters" could just as easily not view the website if it bothers them so much. They apparently feel like Nanashi owes them something, although no one yet has been able to explain what that is.

That's awesome.

I know!!!

B))

I'm done fighting EXO. You wanan keep it up, its on you, I don't have it in me to play this anymore.

Edited by Duke Togo

*snip*

Hope this helps explain.

If a person doesn't ride his bike as often they should sell it too or else have people bug him for not using it... especially the older bike riders. :rolleyes:

Hehehe.

Well, it's never easy giving up what you once enjoyed (Macross anyone?). But sometimes you just have to admit your life has changed and things can't stay the same. I got a friend who's been married for 2 years now and has a kid, but can't quite accept he just doesn't have time to game anymore. Despite the fact that it's been almost a year and a half since he touched a game, he keeps reading gaming news and swears he's going to buy a new game "real soon"

:)

Dumb question but does he actually possess multiple names at the same time? I was under the impression he was called one thing on the old boards, changed his name for the migration to the new boards then got all mad and left of his own free will, asking the mods to remove his account (which it seemed they did) and I'm guessing now he has signed up again under a new name.

I see no foul there... he should only possess one active account, his old one having been removed at his request. Unless he was banned I would assume he hasn't broken any rules of the board. His personality and posting habits aside, I see no wrongdoing here account wise... unless a mod can tell us otherwise.

Well, it's never easy giving up what you once enjoyed (Macross anyone?). But sometimes you just have to admit your life has changed and things can't stay the same. I got a friend who's been married for 2 years now and has a kid, but can't quite accept he just doesn't have time to game anymore. Despite the fact that it's been almost a year and a half since he touched a game, he keeps reading gaming news and swears he's going to buy a new game "real soon"

Denial is one thing, but that's Nanshi's problem.. not anyone elses. He's not hurting anyone or stepping on anyone's toes by not updating. If these people wanted him to update so bad, they shoudl just go out and buy the reference material for themselves.

I totally agree with what you say, as I've had websites myself and eventually life just gets in the way and you run out of time.

What I don't understand is the animosity towards him because of his website. No one is forcing these peopel to view Nanashi's website. Nanashi is not trying to charge people to view his website. These "haters" could just as easily not view the website if it bothers them so much. They apparently feel like Nanashi owes them something, although no one yet has been able to explain what that is.

A very good point. I agree with this 100%. That's the great thing about the internet, you can filter whatever you desire. Unlike adverts in the theatre or commercials on tv, when you're online you have almost absolute control over what you want to view or read.

Since such is true, why don't the more enraged members simply avoid the posts which do not interest them?

But then it begs the question, why aren't you simply doing the same?

Well, it's never easy giving up what you once enjoyed (Macross anyone?).  But sometimes you just have to admit your life has changed and things can't stay the same.  I got a friend who's been married for 2 years now and has a kid, but can't quite accept he just doesn't have time to game anymore.  Despite the fact that it's been almost a year and a half since he touched a game, he keeps reading gaming news and swears he's going to buy a new game "real soon"

Denial is one thing, but that's Nanshi's problem.. not anyone elses. He's not hurting anyone or stepping on anyone's toes by not updating. If these people wanted him to update so bad, they shoudl just go out and buy the reference material for themselves.

I'm not saying Nanashi is in denial, I'm talking about my friend.

That's awesome.

I know!!!

B))

I'm done fighting EXO. You wanan keep it up, its on you, I don't have it in me to play this anymore.

I have all it takes... don't try to put it on me, Togo. Just cuz you're not going to reply to my posts doesn't mean I'm not gonna speak out about your tired causes and lame crusades. That's up to you. ;)

Edited by >EXO<

That's awesome.

I know!!!

B))

I have all it takes... don't try to put it on me, Togo. Just cuz you're not going to reply to my posts doesn't mean I'm gonna speak out about your tired causes and lame crusades. That's up to you. ;)

Its on you now, EXO, 'cause I'm done.

That's awesome.

I know!!!

B))

I have all it takes... don't try to put it on me, Togo. Just cuz you're not going to reply to my posts doesn't mean I'm gonna speak out about your tired causes and lame crusades. That's up to you. ;)

Its on you now, EXO, 'cause I'm done.

Because an otherwise positive member of our community, who has contributed a great deal, is continually harassed by a borderline troll and no one else seems to care enough to call him out on it.

If true, that's a worthy cause to be sure, but sounds like something the staff can handle. Perhaps, a more direct method (such as a PM to the staff) would work better.

*snip*

Hope this helps explain.

Hehehe.

I'm the same way... I don't play games at all anymore... but I still love hearing about them and I had a really good time at E3... I love the technologicaladvances and stuff... So just because I don't play anymore, should I have not gone to E3?

Because an otherwise positive member of our community, who has contributed a great deal...

And you have proof of this where?