Hikaru 1/6 scale scratch build

EXO

I was not able to attend the Con, due to the fact that I am behind schedule with my moving. Actually, I'm visiting relatives before moving to California.

That said, I have been waiting to see what EXO is doing with this project. While I can't say much yet, I think it's looking pretty good so far! I like the helment, that's for sure (nice and big, plus it covers the whole head).

Keep us updated on this EXO.

BTW- Do you have a general idea of when your Hikaru will be all finished?

Hey I'm interested in seeing how this turns out too. Good stuff so far. The helmet looks great. His hair must have been hell to model in 3-D. Keep us posted. :)

There's a different non-octupus hair to fit in the helmet. It has his signature spiky bangs like in the anime. Same with Roy and Max.

I think I'm going to recast the torso first with the helmet and the harness. Just like Yamato's 1/1 scale set. I might add the belt. I dojn't know if that would look good. That should give me enough dough to continue with the figures. So far I got like 3 people interested in the figure, but a lot more are interested in just the torso set. I guess they don't collect figures.

nice helmet...errr wonderin what material did u use for it??? ;)

Man... I really tried to do a step by step... but there were more misses than hits. So I gave up on that. Let's just say I used everything... bondo, milliput, Squadron, styrene... all kinds of different sandpaper, files, the dremel... you name it... The hair was nothing compared to the curved surface of the helmet... Next thing I build will be square! Just clean sharp , no curved shapes.... maybe the Sharon apple walking box... oh no... it has a round eye...

:rolleyes::lol::lol::lol:

• 3 weeks later...