First comment? Nobody else going to comment on "Partners in Crime". I thought it was a pretty good episode. There was a little bit of padding that could have been tightened up, but what the hell.

The biggest surprise had to be the appearance of Rose at the end. I knew that she was coming back but it was a shock to see her making an appearance so early. I think that the producers were trying to screw with the fans minds by showing a female with what appeared to be a sonic screwdriver. Had me convinced (and also a few others) that it could have been the Rani.

Taksraven

I enjoyed the new episode. The new companion's going to be a different type of foil for the Doctor, and I think that's kind of what's needed now after all this unrequitted love buddy stuff. The abrasive personality's going to make for some funny situations too.

Has anyone ever seen the actress who plays Donna in BBC's sketch comedy show "Big Train"? Simon Pegg was also a regular in it. She's pretty funny, and very versatile.

Edit: Just noticed your avatar after posting this, Taksraven. They've either issued, or are going to issue, action figures of those weeping angels in your avatar. One in a face covered position, and another, well, uncovered. :) Look like very nice sculpts too.

Edited by Alpha OTS

Russell T. Davies gets a fair bit of stick, but he does know a trick or two and the "thing" at the end of the new seasons first episode was a brilliant way of making something most people know still make most people sit bolt upright. :) I also loved the opening sequence in the office.

Edit: action figures of the Weeping Angels? Action figures? With cool standing-still-as-a-statue feature? :lol:

Edited by F-ZeroOne

Good grief... it actually has poseability... :) (actually, I like these figures a lot, for all the mickey-taking I've been doing).

Not exactly Who news, but the BBC is launching an iPlayer Channel for the Wii - this basically means you can watch Doctor Who after broadcast on your little white box.

In the UK at least. Sorry, but no word on international launches of the service yet... now if they can also figure out a way to make the Wii controllers interactive with the programme... :)

I really enjoyed it. The fact they were able to use the same sets as the mini-series Rome gave it a truly epic feel. Granted, you can nit pick (the Doctor must be a really fast runner) but overall, wonderful. Also, one of the first episodes of Who I've seen which gave an impression of why Time Lords are Lords, and not just funny blokes with weird taste in hats. :)

As for Donnas back - well, my theory is a tattoo, but RTD rarely drops things like that without a purpose... :)

• 1 month later...

Just a heads-up: this Saturdays episode will be the Stephen "Blink, The Doctor Dances" Moffat-penned two parter. He has also been recently confirmed as taking over from Russell T. Davies as executive producer from 2010.

This episode was delayed a week by the Eurovision song contest. DON'T ask. :)

Edited by F-ZeroOne

Just a heads-up: this Saturdays episode will be the Stephen "Blink, The Doctor Dances" Moffat-penned two parter. He has also been recently confirmed as taking over from Russell T. Davies as executive producer from 2010.

This episode was delayed a week by the Eurovision song contest. DON'T ask. :)

Kind of like how a few of my favorite shows get bumped by american idle <_<

I'm interested in seeing what a Moffat directed Dr Who series will look like.

David Tennant is doing a stint in a production of Hamlet shortly; heres Neil Gaimans take on what that might be like:

""To be, or not to be, that is the question. Weeelll.... More of A question really. Not THE question. Because, well, I mean, there are billions and billions of questions out there, and well, when I say billions, I mean, when you add in the answers, not just the questions, weeelll, you're looking at numbers that are positively astronomical and... for that matter the other question is what you lot are doing on this planet in the first place, and er, did anyone try just pushing this little red button?"

:)

Theres also a rumour that Stephen Moffat has asked Neil Gaiman to script an episode when Moffat takes over...

The Moffat episode - first part - aired in the UK Saturday evening. It was, of course, excellent.

It will also - again, rapidly becoming a Moffat trademark - give a whole new generation a reason to shield themselves from oncoming terror by hiding behind the sofa. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody else think that the Dr's Daughter might have gotten half her genes from a certain recent ex-companion, especially considering her appearance (hottie), her gymnastic ability, which mom demoed as well, and the fact that mom keeps showing up this season, plus the fact of what mom did while interfaced with the tardis?

I have to say the preview for the series finale looks AWESOME. :D I never watched any of the old Doctor Who but have watched all of the new stuff since 2004 so I don't get all of the references and old stuff but it's still enjoyable. :)

Penultimate episode of the current series last night, which I've only just seen due to prior commitments.

Remember how I said I had trouble speaking after seeing the trailer?

Well, after seeing the episode fladderburblegeeblewhippsplerg! :)

Edited by F-ZeroOne

Yeowzer. Not only did they get to the fireworks factory, they blew up everything in the fireworks factory, and then it ended with them going towards an even bigger fireworks factory. IOW, good episode. :D

I've read that Billie Piper had recent dental surgery which is why her voice is kind of off, like she's mumbling. It's not so bad in this episode, but it was really bothersome in the Left Turn episode prior.

Speaking of the Left Turn episode, and given everything that's happened in this new one, I figure there's probably a button reset coming somewhere somehow. Given how the woman said Donna had something on her back, I figure she never did leave that universe the bug created for her. Also given how Donna has to die to leave, and how abomination Dalek is saying that someone close to the Doctor is going to die, I have a bad feeling Donna might be going bye bye.

:( I hope I'm wrong about that because she's really fitting in now.

I don't know about a reset, but I think I read somewhere that the Doctor isnt going to die/regenerate, but is being transmatted by the daleks and they are going to put an imposter in his place, hopefully, maybe they'll use one of the original doctors that are still alive

I don't know about a reset, but I think I read somewhere that the Doctor isnt going to die/regenerate, but is being transmatted by the daleks and they are going to put an imposter in his place, hopefully, maybe they'll use one of the original doctors that are still alive

If they use a reset AGAIN, I will be truly annoyed. I didn't mind it so much last year but it is a plot device that should barely ever be used, if at all. (How many Star Trek episodes depended on resets over the decades?)

I don't like the way that they used the regeneration as part of the cliffhanger. It really breaks the rules of what has happened before (yes, I know that in some cases rules are meant to be broken), because every other regen has certainly happened at the end of an episode but you always get to see the new doctor before the credits. (except for troughton --> Pertwee and Baker ---> Mcoy)

If the regen does take place (I still have a feeling it won't), who do you think or would like to see as the new doctor. Current rumors indicate Robert Carlyle (Who would have been brilliant 10 years ago, getting a bit old now imho,)

What do you think?

Taksraven

Does anyone know where one can watch the old Doctor Who episodes online? Like the very first ones? :) I'm wanting to start from the beginning.

there is a certain TV based Bit torrent site I go to that has most of them. I cant post it here but if you PM me I will send you the link. the really old stuff is also there if you want a trip into the 70's

Yeowzer. Not only did they get to the fireworks factory, they blew up everything in the fireworks factory, and then it ended with them going towards an even bigger fireworks factory. IOW, good episode. :D

I've read that Billie Piper had recent dental surgery which is why her voice is kind of off, like she's mumbling. It's not so bad in this episode, but it was really bothersome in the Left Turn episode prior.

Speaking of the Left Turn episode, and given everything that's happened in this new one, I figure there's probably a button reset coming somewhere somehow. Given how the woman said Donna had something on her back, I figure she never did leave that universe the bug created for her. Also given how Donna has to die to leave, and how abomination Dalek is saying that someone close to the Doctor is going to die, I have a bad feeling Donna might be going bye bye.

:( I hope I'm wrong about that because she's really fitting in now.

The other thing thats going round is that this is in fact the other dimension and this is the Doctor from that, so if he dies / regenerates we don't care as we still have ours. That said it would be cool if we ended up with two doctors ( new one (Robert Carlyle) and old one David Tennant and Two Tardis or Tardie (plural). Seeing as how the Cult of Skaro are resposable for the rip in the dimesions, it would be kinda cool to see them take it from both dimesions last remaining Time lords.

Regards old Doctor Who episodes - it might be worth noting that due to various clear-outs of the BBC archives during the 60s and 70s, some episodes are currently lost in Time. Some of these episodes are highly sought after, so if you happen to have a dusty broadcast version of the first Doctors regeneration scene from the fourth episode of The Tenth Planet hidden in the basement... :)

• 3 weeks later...

Theres a lovely story doing the rounds in the U.K. at the moment that some British script writer walked away from £500,000 for a Steven Spielberg script deal in order to work on some British T.V. show no-one in Tinseltown has ever heard of.

The writers name is said to be Moffat-something-or-other. A Hollywood insider has been quoted as saying "What is this doctor series anyway? Sounds a bit silly... " :)

(as often happens with the British print media, the details have been a bit obscured in the telling - heres the "official" version: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7517423.stm :) )

Edited by F-ZeroOne

Theres a lovely story doing the rounds in the U.K. at the moment that some British script writer walked away from £500,000 for a Steven Spielberg script deal in order to work on some British T.V. show no-one in Tinseltown has ever heard of.

The writers name is said to be Moffat-something-or-other. A Hollywood insider has been quoted as saying "What is this doctor series anyway? Sounds a bit silly... " :)

(as often happens with the British print media, the details have been a bit obscured in the telling - heres the "official" version: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7517423.stm :) )

Ah Hollywood, I guess if it doesn't have a square jawed hero who only knows how to KILL aliens, then they are not interested. :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...

Well, the official title of the 2008 Christmas Special has been revealed and it looks like they are going to tease us again, like they did with the last regular episode of the 2008 season.

Dr Who Christmas Special 2008:

"THE NEXT DOCTOR"

I mean, really, unless they are serious this time i think that this is the sort of mindf**K that fans are getting sick of.

But, it DOES feature

Cybermen

, so I guess we can't complain too much.

Jenny is also supposed to be returning in one of the specials next year, so I think that Mr Tennant would not want to miss the chance to work with his jailbait girlfriend again.

:lol::lol:

Taksraven

Hey, this is post #666 for me. NUMBER OF THE BEAST!!!!!! And look, an appropriate Dr Who pic!!!!

the-satan-pit-doctor-beast3.jpg

Edited by taksraven