Colin Baker has probably just stuck his fist up in the air and gone "YES!". :)

Edited by F-ZeroOne
Spelling error.

I'm curious to see this take on the Doctor.  Haven't watched Broadchurch yet but she was decent as the nurse in Attack the Block.  Hope she keeps the hoody style, even if it's only on the jacket.

Kind of sucked. It was an hour and a half of bland.

1 hour ago, Hikuro said:

Kind of sucked. It was an hour and a half of bland.

It would have been fine if not for the cringy attempt to make the first Doctor come off in a way he was never portrayed again in the original series.

So this is Moffats and Capaldis puttering send off?  Not quite as good as Ninth, Tenth or Elevens.  At least there was a cameo by a fan fav/hated character.  Ties up that loose end.  

To be honest all of those silly send-offs were overwrought garbage anyway.  They used to just off the Doctor and let the new one step in.  Not let him give a two hour soliloquy about life featuring every character we met over the course of the run.

I actually liked Capaldi's monologues. 

13 hours ago, Mommar said:

To be honest all of those silly send-offs were overwrought garbage anyway.  They used to just off the Doctor and let the new one step in.  Not let him give a two hour soliloquy about life featuring every character we met over the course of the run.

Ah the old Doctor Who's.  "Ah my time has come!  And we've no budget for special effects so let's over lay the films and regenerate!"  1 min and fx budget is spent, "here's the new Doctor!"  Also you've got to stop watching it at 1/2 speed if you think it's a 2hour soliloquy.  The Xmas Specials are only 45min-50mins depending on commercials. :D

Ecclesons send off was him saving the human race at the end of his season, never even made it to the Christmas special.  They gave him 5mins and poof Tennant!  Tennant had the longest sendoff what with him wandering around for episodes moping before his famous, "I don't want to go!"   Kinda made sense since at that time RTD had DW, Torchwood and Sarah Jane Smith Chronicles all interweaving with each other somehow and that giant crossover!  Wooo!   Smith....well...actually I don't remember how long his send off was, was it just the Xmas Special or did it include the lead up to the Xmas special?  I just wanted the flailly doctor to end.   Capaldi's "woe is me schtick, life sucks and I'm tired of saving the universe" after losing Jenna got boring.  In between those periods when he was being clever was fun though.  

I liked it, a fun little romp for Capaldi's last show.   Would have been nice to see Smith doing his Patrick-Troughton Dr. again, perhaps as part of the regeneration scene.  Maybe for the next Doctor's sendoff.

Oh good, now that the Xmas special is in the bag, season 10 is on Amazon Prime now. Can finally get caught up. Despite how meh I am about some of the plot lines, I still do enjoy the show, and I do like 12.