I'm kind of curious to see how Rose and Sarah Jane will interact.  There's so many ways they can go with this.

385074[/snapback]

I can't help but feel theres a fan-story in the making there... :rolleyes:

Its confirmed, by the way - April 15th, 19:00 GMT. Guess whos back, back again...

:)

Sure, the Doctor might recognize K-9, but will it be mutual? And what about Sarah? "Which one are you?" She's met everyone up to the fifth... what will she say about the 'tenth?'

Heh... and here's hoping to the Doctor crossing his own timestream (again), though I wonder if the paradox of being 'the last time lord' will cause the universe to implode or something.

• 2 weeks later...

Werewolf episodes are tricky because they've all been done before. I thought it was neat how the emphasis wasn't on the mystery surrounding the werewolf, but on other elements. And really neat make up on Queen Victorias teeth - someone remembered that history hasn't always had a dentist lurking just off-camera! :)

Incidentally, the Scottish accent used by David Tennant in this episode is his real, native accent, not an affected one!

He's talking about Queen Victoria's little speech right at the end with reagards to Torchwood.

I personally thought the first Tennant Episode was rather poor but this was miles better.

393622[/snapback]

There's also a hint of the "bad wolf" thing again.

He's talking about Queen Victoria's little speech right at the end with reagards to Torchwood.

I personally thought the first Tennant Episode was rather poor but this was miles better.

393622[/snapback]

Like I said that was the TCI which ISNT a part of Season 1.

I wonder if Sciffy will even broadcast TCI. Ratings dont look so good for the

US Cast of Who

• 2 weeks later...
Like I said that was the TCI which ISNT  a part of Season 1.

what are you babbling about?

"The word "Torchwood" first occurred in the 2005 Doctor Who episode Bad Wolf, during a deadly version of the game show, The Weakest Link. One of the answers was that the Great Cobalt Pyramid was built on the ruins of the famous Old Earth Torchwood Institute". (The fact that the covert "Torchwood Institute" was established on Earth in Tooth and Claw implies that by the time period in which Bad Wolf is set, the existence of Torchwood had become common knowledge.) On the Doctor Who homepage for the week preceding, one of the contestants (Strood) is said to be from "Torchwood"."

so no comments on the last ep? i wonder if there are some secrets in the Doctor's head that we have yet to discover.

• 1 month later...

DUDES...

First off the number of dvds to be released per year of the classic series will be going up to 10, from 6. That means 11 months there will be Who on dvd, including the new series boxset

2nd, they will now be doing cheaper less extra packed dvds as well as the current extra filled ones. However, they will still be fully restored by the ever great Doctor Who Restortaion Team, and will still have audio commentries, production subtitles and usually a documentry. The cheaper dvds will mainly be for stores that have little or no extras potential.

Finally, some of the releases for later this year (UK dates, US will usually get them a while later)

In October, The Sontaran Experiment, which will be the first of the cheaper less extra packed releases. This finshes of the connected trilogy of "The Ark in Space", this and "Genesis of the Daleks".

In November, The Invasion, which is a classic 2nd Doctor Cybermen story. Interestingly, the 1st and 4th episodes of this story are missing due to the BBCs old policy of dumping old tv episodes, but for the dvd they have been animated (using the original soundtrack and camera directions) by Cosgrove Hall Films (who did the classic cartoon Dangermouse).

Also in November, the new series series 2 boxset will be out, with 14 episodes and a whole load of extras over 6 discs.

And the last of the announced titles is in January, and is a boxset of 3 stories called the "Return of the Master", with 2 Tom Baker stories and a Peter Davison one (which are all connected, and came after each other), the stories are The Keeper of Traken, Logopolis (Tom Baker's last story) and Castrovalva (Peter Davison's first story). Each of these will have the usual RT treatment, with commentaries, productuion subtitles and other extras.

Best news I have heard all Year my Three favorite Who Stories all in one Box and Animated Segments for The Invasion.

The new season has been a little bit of a mixed bag (please note that doesn't mean anythings been bad, just a little bit off the mark set by the first season in a couple of areas). I think Tennants now generally settled into the role. There hasn't quite been an episode of the quality of "Dalek" just yet, and the Cyberman two-parter was a bit disappointing, but having said that theres been an excellent two parter ("The Impossible Planet" and "The Satan Pit") which fans of Doom will absolutely love, some very strong stand-alone episodes (including an enjoyable romp in 50s Britain featuring the famous British actress Marueen Lipman doing a delightfully evil turn... ) and then theres been the latest episode, "Love & Monsters", which...

...which...

...which...

...lets just say "Macross 7" for the diversity of feelings I expect it will generate, okay...? ;)

Edited by F-ZeroOne

Love and Monsters was an absolutely brilliant episode. They need to do one like that every couple seasons or so (too often would ruin the effect). It was a neat little story and even though the Doctor was barely in it, it really reinforces the mythology factor of his character. I loved it.

As for things that compare to Dalek, both School Reunion and Girl in the Fireplace are both very comparable in terms of story telling and emotion. The only thing that Dalek has over them is the "Doctor as over the edge bad ass" which was part of the Eccleston run and not Tennant's. I enjoyed the Cyberman episodes (especially part 2), but The Impossible Planet/Satan Pit episodes were probably the second best 2 parter of the new run after The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances (IP/SP easily beats out the finale of the first season).

Another thing with the current season is that I'm getting a much bigger sense that it's building towards something, in spite of not having something like the glaring Bad Wolf reference in every episode, than I did with the first season.

• 2 weeks later...
Viewers in the UK were treated to the trailer for the final episode of Season 2 yesterday.

Holy freaking mother of all things... er... holy.  :blink:

Hold on to your hats, people...!

413178[/snapback]

Was it good? What happens? Don't tell me he regenerates ... again?!?!

Viewers in the UK were treated to the trailer for the final episode of Season 2 yesterday.

Holy freaking mother of all things... er... holy.  :blink:

Hold on to your hats, people...!

413178[/snapback]

Was it good? What happens? Don't tell me he regenerates ... again?!?!

413191[/snapback]

I can't tell you. It would spoil the surprise. :)

When's the episode on again?  Can you tell me the name so I can look it up on the net?

413677[/snapback]

The episode should be broadcast on UK BBC1 at 19:00 GMT this Saturday (8th July). I don't actually know the episode title myself, but if you go to a website like Outpost Gallifrey they should have the info there.

I'm in the US, so I don't get the BBC ... but thanks anyways, I will try and look up the episode mate.

413719[/snapback]

I suspected as much, but I thought I'd let you know the broadcast date as there are many means of... uh... "obtaining"... things in this modern age now... ;)

A new character with the same actress as a dead character. Clever, BBC.

Ugh, I don't know if Tennant alone is enough to keep me going. Piper was what made me keep watching this season. Without her... well, I guess we'll see.

I'll probably watch Torchwood though. John Barrowman's way more charismatic than Tennant IMO, and I'm totally down for some more Captain Jack Harkness. When is Torchwood supposed to start airing?

And obviously I don't live in the UK either but it doesn't matter.