3rd Super Robot Wars Alpha latest pics

ogami

This very well might be my second imported PS2 game (behind Macross).

Will this be pretty easy to understand if you don't know any Japanese?

Where's the cheapest place that'll have this game online?

You can figure the play out well enough.

Many of the nuances will fly right over your head, though. Possibly even some of hte basic points.

And the later levels WILL eat you alive.

As for plot... forget it.

yesasia.com is also offering free shiping.

About the plot, SRW has some funky storylines and some very funny dialogue because of the crossovers.

Most memorable that I've seen(IE: the only one a non-japanese speaker will understand :p) was in Alpha, when Gundam Wing's Heero and Eva's Rei first meet.

And exchange a couple rounds of "..."s.

What I loved in Alpha for Dreamcast:

Kaworu providing half of DYRL and giving it to Shinji... then Shinji's all depressed about Kowaru's death and the Meltradie shows up and Minmay scares them away with the song and Hikaru's like "Minmay" and Shinji is like "that's Kowaru's song"

Noriko freaking out over all the other robots and knowing their stats cause she's a giant robot nerd!

And the most touching scene was was Minerva Zabi

"What happened to my father? I know somethings happened to him"

Haman: I'm sorry Minerva the Macross forced it's way past Solomon... you're father is dead.

I didn't even like the Dozel Zabi but that made me all sad.

Edited by lord_breetai

Wow, these games sound totally mad. B))

Great answers, Abombz! & JBO. Thanks a ton for your help. :D

I've decided to get a GBA one first to see how I like it as there's plenty of those on ebay but no DC versions.

btw, the multi region converter I have for DC is one of those unlocking discs that you put in first then the game.

Is there one of these for GC?

also, I forgot to ask but do these SRW games have multiplayer modes?

Thanks again. :)

No prob.

btw, the multi region converter I have for DC is one of those unlocking discs that you put in first then the game.

I THINK so. Not sure, though.

Nope. Single-player campaign only.

Wait... SRW Link Battler on the GameBoy Color may have one. It's not a "normal" SRW game, though.

Heh, scratch the GBA verison. I just found a brand new DC SRW Alpha from a UK seller for less the £20 shipped.

Bargainus Maximus! :D

Can't wait to play this now...

VICTOLY!

I should note that, as their first foray into 3D, there's a few flubs. Mainly due to the camera.

Like if you blast someone with the Macross Cannon, the camera regularly decides you need a cinematic, awe-inspiring shot of the Macross'... feet.

Or a head-on view of an Eva, where you can clearly see the fact that the power cord terminates in mid-air several yards away.

Undoubtedly they figured it would make some of the fight sequences more interesting to have the camera offering shots from diffrent angles on diffrent attacks, but the AI they're using isn't really up to the task.

Minor quibble, really, and doesn't detract much from the game.

The premium box was Alpha, Alpha Gaiden, and Alpha 2, along with a data CD, and history book. But NOT Alpha 3.

Basically a way for people that missed the beginning of the arc to catch up.

And it's the same ol' PS1 games.

Is the series worth it? A bit hairy about splurging all that hard earned cash when most turn based SRPG series don't differ too much, especially for the Japanese challenged...

The premium box was Alpha, Alpha Gaiden, and Alpha 2, along with a data CD, and history book. But NOT Alpha 3.

Basically a way for people that missed the beginning of the arc to catch up.

And it's the same ol' PS1 games.

Is the series worth it? A bit hairy about splurging all that hard earned cash when most turn based SRPG series don't differ too much, especially for the Japanese challenged...

IMO, yes. But I'm a crazy demented fanboy.

If you really want to know, you can try downloading Super Robot Wars 4 for the SNES, and an emulator.

As far as gameplay goes, 4 was the first "modern" one.

And SNES ganmes are a bit easier to find and download than PS1 or Dreamcast titles.

I've decided to get a GBA one first to see how I like it as there's plenty of those on ebay but no DC versions.

Thanks again. :)

Yes, the GC has a free region disk for very cheap, I also heard actually modding the system is pretty damn easy (I bought one already modded)

One thing I seriously love about SRW Alpha for the DC, the song Do you Remember Love is actually vocal instead of MIDI like in the PSX version :)

I think the SRW series is worth if simply for the many different exchanges from characters from different shows.

Its so funny how they even comment about similar voices (since mosr Robot animes use the same pool of 10 different VAs lol) like in SRW Alpha between Chris from 0080 and some other character who is also voiced by Hayashibara Megumi lol :lol:

Rei Ayanami was the other one I think (she is voiced by Megumi)

I gave Chris the GP-03 and had her and Rei stick close to each other... if one of them got smacked down... the other would reak holly vengence upon the attacker ^^.

I think the Alpha series had the best plots out of all of the games though.

Do you remember love was cool... but since I knocked out every single Zen ship before attacking Bodolza (and made sure to have Hikaru take bodolza out) it took me forever to get through the episode and DYRL would be on it's 20th play through ^^

Edited by lord_breetai

I'm replaying through Alpha now... and I'm cracking myself up when the Combattler V team starts getting depressed because they can't switch machines like Gundam pilots (this while Kou and Monsha argue who gets to pilot the GP01), and Boss tells them they can be his copilots and they tell him to just get cats like MAsaki LOL :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
The new one just got released yesterday, so is anyone planning on getting it straight up?

I'm absolutely loving the copy of Alpha I got for Dreamcast thanks to your help guys, I have a few trvia questions but they can wait for now.

311074[/snapback]

Nope... Banpresto delayed the game to July 28.

• 4 weeks later...
The new one just got released yesterday, so is anyone planning on getting it straight up?

I'm absolutely loving the copy of Alpha I got for Dreamcast thanks to your help guys, I have a few trvia questions but they can wait for now.

311074[/snapback]

Nope... Banpresto delayed the game to July 28.

311100[/snapback]

Ok so it must be out by now since I saw sales figures for it in the "which console?" thread.

So who's getting it?

I'm still wading through the copy of Dreamcast Alpha I brought on your recomendations and I'm loving it. Just got to the Macross levels. :D

There's some more SRW news too, for the guy who wanted to know what the song at the end of the 20 odd minute trailer was. It's "Gong", is by Jam project and is allready on torrent sites. Not their best but a pretty cool song regardless.

Also, there's this news of the next Gb version that will be featuring Full Metal Panic for the first time, Joy! :D

http://www.visualmedia.com.hk/cgi-bin/news...em=180314&utag=

http://www.visualmedia.com.hk/cgi-bin/news...em=180337&utag=

I heard Gong was actually supposed to be a prototype song for Alpha 3, but some events (time?) led them to use Gong as their song for Alpha 3.

I still need a PS2 to play both this game and Alpha 2, especially with the number of awesome original characters in this one. I've only seen videos so far, and read far too much information on the game.

Also, to anybody who has recently obtained this game . . . upgrade Strike Gundam early. When Kira moves on to Freedom, it passes the upgrades to 4 different suits (not including "Mwu Strike", which is pretty much Strike anyways) . . . or 5 if you get Duel, I think. The same goes with the first Sky Grasper (passes on to the second), and main character upgrades pass on to other original characters as they join up, but saving money for 4 different units by upgrading Strike has got to be the best cost-effective upgrade ever . . .

• 8 months later...

THREAD RESURRECTION!!!

Anyways, I was wondering about this game series and was wondering what anime series that were popular were not ever included? Was Escaflowne, Dunbine, or any mystical based robot other than the Rahxephon ever in any of the games? I'm wondering why they never bothered to include old school Transformers in the series, although its probably due to licensing costs or prohibitions.

Escaflowne was featured in Super Robot Wars Compat 3 for the Wonderswam.

If you look up SRW@2 or 3 on gamesfaq, theres a Robot Series faq that lists every series to ever be featured in the games.

398438[/snapback]

Damn... now I need a WonderSwan.

Escaflowne was featured in Super Robot Wars Compat 3 for the Wonderswam.

If you look up SRW@2 or 3 on gamesfaq, theres a Robot Series faq that lists every series to ever be featured in the games.

398438[/snapback]

Damn... now I need a WonderSwan.

398445[/snapback]

a what?