3rd Super Robot Wars Alpha latest pics

ogami

I don't see anywhere that mentions it being SRX-0. I thought the name is SR-01 SRX Altado "Banpreyos"? If I am mistaken, I am sorry in advance.

I think it is offically SR-01. Before, in the SRW festival, it is named as SRX-Zero. :lol:

Hmm...this SRX looks like its a non-combiner, contrary to the prototype before. It only has Ryusei as the pilot. Does look a bit more colorful, but the SD sprite in the game looks nice. Pretty cool.

The new mech by Touma is pretty cool, almost ninja like and mainly uses kicks. But the other new mechs looks a bit too funky. Wonder what are the thoughts & story behind that.

Hmm...this SRX looks like its a non-combiner, contrary to the prototype before. It only has Ryusei as the pilot. Does look a bit more colorful, but the SD sprite in the game looks nice. Pretty cool.

The new mech by Touma is pretty cool, almost ninja like and mainly uses kicks. But the other new mechs looks a bit too funky. Wonder what are the thoughts & story behind that.

hmm... I kinda liked the "you can only combine into the SRX 9 times" thing in Alpha for Dreamcast. though I very rarely used it anyway.

hmm... I kinda liked the "you can only combine into the SRX 9 times" thing in Alpha for Dreamcast. though I very rarely used it anyway.

I was kinda annoyed by the SRX combination.

Mainly because I thought R3 looked infinitely better before the upgrade.

but the tranformation video was so cool in 3D... I miss the 3D ness of Alpha for Dreamcast... ah well!

I liked how either Gunbuster or SRX could take of most of the end bosses' hp.. even though he kept healing (he was such an annoying 'tard) and I never got the "good ending" for Alpha... how many storypoints did you need for that? I had like 40-ish on my best run through.

but the tranformation video was so cool in 3D... I miss the 3D ness of Alpha for Dreamcast... ah well!

True, true...

Kickass transformation sequence, or ugly R3...

Hmmm...

Should I point out that SRW GC is 3D?

No SRX, though. But it has Dancouga!

This SRX is still a combiner. Hopefully, they will make the combination sequence into CG.

ok... before I like die of glee... ummm the last like 5 seconds of the commercial they advertise this like super ultra mega box set of what looks to be

SRW alpha

SRW alpha Gaiden

SRW alpha 3 it looks like

and two books...

ummm are alpha and alpha gaiden like being put out for the ps2 then? so like my modded PS2 can play them and I can scrap my old busted up PS1?

The premium box was Alpha, Alpha Gaiden, and Alpha 2, along with a data CD, and history book. But NOT Alpha 3.

Basically a way for people that missed the beginning of the arc to catch up.

And it's the same ol' PS1 games.

Edited by JB0

Anyone watched the 21mins demo yet?

They made the battle animations super long...

Oh yeah... That was freaking AWESOME!

GaoGaiGar got shafted, though. Everyone else gets to do a high-powered killer move, and GGG gets an overglorified rocket punch? I WANTED GOLDION HAMMER!

Anyone watched the 21mins demo yet?

They made the battle animations super long...

Oh yeah... That was freaking AWESOME!

GaoGaiGar got shafted, though. Everyone else gets to do a high-powered killer move, and GGG gets an overglorified rocket punch? I WANTED GOLDION HAMMER!

Don't worry, you will get Goldion Crusher at the end. :ph34r:

God damn that movie was awsome O.o I love how bouncy all the female characters are now LOL

I'm really impressed at the animation quality on those moves, they seriously took the high quality animation from Gaiden to a seriously new level. And how some attacks mimic their respective animes is really cool.

Now... can someone possibly tell me the name of the song that plays in the end of the movie? That song is soooo awsome >.<

BTW, I don't think those are all ultimate moves, I think they are just meant to show off the animation. If I remember well, VF19 ultimate move was a high powered Pin point barrier punch not a simple run and gun (that was another move though).

EDIT: whats the deal with the hybrid units? Theres an enemy unit that looks like a Psybuster and one that looks like a Turn A Gundam after a car crash :huh:

Edited by Abombz!!

Okay, that's it. That video just made me commit my next month's pay on getting it. It's the best looking SRW I've seen so far and I am sure I'll be enjoying it tremendously.

Here's a question, what is a good site to get the game? I know HimeyaShop and yesAsia carries them but a very premium price. Any good suggestions besides those and ebay?

Damn, I've never played any of these but now I really want to. :o

I'm sorry if you guys have anserwed these questions a 100 times before but I need to know a few things. :rolleyes:

1) How do these games play? Is it a turn based beat em up kind of thing?

2) Is it like smash bros where you pick your favourite character and play through the whole roster of enemy characters or does each character have it's own complete story game?

3) With absolutely no knowledge of japanese, how easy is it to get the bots you like to do thier best moves from the respective shows?

4) DC is the only console I have that can play imports at the moment, Lord Bretai mentioned an Alpha game for DC. How many more are there available for DC?

5) Apart from different character rosters is there any real difference between the varoius versions?

Sorry, there's so many questions and thanks for your patience. :)

I'm sorry if you guys have anserwed these questions a 100 times before but I need to know a few things. :rolleyes:

2) Is it like smash bros where you pick your favourite character and play through the whole roster of enemy characters or does each character have it's own complete story game?

3) With absolutely no knowledge of japanese, how easy is it to get the bots you like to do thier best moves from the respective shows?

4) DC is the only console I have that can play imports at the moment, Lord Bretai mentioned an Alpha game for DC. How many more are there available for DC?

5) Apart from different character rosters is there any real difference between the varoius versions?

1) These games are strategy games. They play like a chess game with RPG elements. Whenever you are in range of an enemy you can pick a different attack and watch a little animation of your unit performing the attack and the enemy counterattacking.

2) Its not like smash bros. its one huge story that mixes all the robots in it.

3)Without any knowledge of japanese.... its pretty easy. There are plenty of translation guides on the internet, be for attacks, spirits and story, since these games are pretty damn popular.

4) DC only has SRW Alpha available. The PSX is pretty damn easy to run import games and it has a bunch. The Gamecube can run imports pretty painlessly too and it has its own SRW game.

5) Yes theres quite alot of difference. The roster is different, sometimes the battle systems can differ quite alot (SRW Alpha introduced the platoon system, while SRW GC introduced the destructable body parts system, and so on). The story can differ quite alot since its usually based on the roster.

Okay, that's it. That video just made me commit my next month's pay on getting it. It's the best looking SRW I've seen so far and I am sure I'll be enjoying it tremendously.

Here's a question, what is a good site to get the game? I know HimeyaShop and yesAsia carries them but a very premium price. Any good suggestions besides those and ebay?

NCSX.com has them too.

I dunno how the pricing compares, though.

As a general rule import games cost more. The japanese just plain pay more for everything than we do.

NCSX.com has them too.

I dunno how the pricing compares, though.

As a general rule import games cost more. The japanese just plain pay more for everything than we do.

Try lik-sang too.... their import prices go from $54 to $64 and they have pretty speedy delivery. The only problem is that they are from HK so the shipping prices can kill a man.

And I second NCSX.... great place, fast shipping.

Turn-based strategy.

If you've played FFTactics, Front Mission, Fire Emblem, or Shining Force, you've got the idea.

Your character is a character unique to Super Robot Wars, with a custom mech.

You command a cross-series force(including some SRW-exclusive characters and mechs) against a similarly cross-series enemy force(again including SRW-exclusive mechs).

If you ever wanted to watch Getter Robo and Mazinger Z tag-team a Zaku, this is your game.

I've blundered through half to 2/3s of a few games with no knowledge of japanese.

Note that you'll likely want to print off a translation of AT LEAST the intermission menus.

Intelligent distribution of your funds for upgrades is somewhat important, and when it's all a pile of random squiggles, there's a tendancy to A. ignore weapon upgrades totally(as a lack of mech illustrations in that menu makes it VERY difficult to select a specific mech), and B. just blow cash on your favorite mechs instead of strategically allocating funds across your force. And the item equip menu is even more cryptic than the weapon upgrade menu(though it's worth it to see Evangelion's Asuka unleashing aerial strikes on some poor groundpounder after you slap a minovsky craft on her mech).

Also useful will be the battle "magic" list.

For unlocking specific mechs, you'll want to hit GameFAQs.

Attacks are usually either scripted unlocks and happen regardless of what you do, or available as soon as you get the mech.

One.

Super Robot Wars Alpha 1 is the only DC game in the series.

Unless you have a GameBoy Advance. There've been several GBA games in the series, and GBA is regionless.

Also note you can emulate the NES and SNES on your Dreamcast, unlocking more games(in a less legal fashion).

From a english-only viewpoint...

A. Gameplay refinements. The game gets a bit more polished each iteration. The BIGGEST change came in SRW4 on the SNES, when you gained the ability to choose your counterattack action instead of being forced to let the AI choose it.

B. Gideon Zhi has translated SRW3, so it's available in english.

http://agtp.romhack.net/

No big deal. We were all newbies once.

This very well might be my second imported PS2 game (behind Macross).

Will this be pretty easy to understand if you don't know any Japanese?

Where's the cheapest place that'll have this game online?