New from the Bootleg World...

All I have to ask is...WTF? Did Hikaru go nuts?

Here it is on ...you guessed it...E-Bay

He is violent and unpredictable! He will destroy anything that gets in his way!

Sounds like the Real Ultimate Power to me...

1. Ninjas are mammals.

2. Ninjas fight ALL the time.

3. The purpose of the ninja is to flip out and kill people.

1. Ninjas are mammals.

2. Ninjas fight ALL the time.

3. The purpose of the ninja is to flip out and kill people.

I remember that... where is that from?

At least they bothered repainting Zardak... Zark is 100 % Roy. Even the description "He is violent and unpredictable! He will destroy anything that gets in his way!" yeah... that's Roy.

1.    Ninjas are mammals.

2.    Ninjas fight ALL the time.

3.    The purpose of the ninja is to flip out and kill people.

I remember that... where is that from?

At least they bothered repainting Zardak... Zark is 100 % Roy. Even the description "He is violent and unpredictable! He will destroy anything that gets in his way!" yeah... that's Roy.

www.realultimatepower.net

Hey, if you look closely at the bottom of the packaging, you will see Select's copyrights are in New York and Japan. I wonder if Harmony Gold had some evil intentions behind this? Anyway's, I think I may get this!

Edit: What I even find funnier is that while the package says he is there to destroy all humans, in the fighter mode you can see the little human pilot. :)

Edited by Noriko Takaya

Hey, if you look closely at the bottom of the packaging, you will see Select's copyrights are in New York and Japan. I wonder if Harmony Gold had some evil intentions behind this? Anyway's, I think I may get this!

Edit: What I even find funnier is that while the package says he is there to destroy all humans, in the fighter mode you can see the little human pilot. :)

I'm pretty sure these were imported before HG got a hold of Robotech. I never had these but I had a bunch of other Converters including the SD valks with friction motors and I'm pretty sure it was before Robotech just like Jetfire.

I think there's also a red one, and the same series included an SDF-1 and an Orgroid (from Orguss).

All the Converters are based on the cheapest Takatoku converting toys, the ones that nobody really wants any more, and are at least semi-legal in the sense that Select has some kind of relationship with Mark which is a Takatoku brand or something like that. It's possible though that they technically violate the design copyrights.

look at what i dug out of the closet.

a mini-motorized maladroid.

VOLCAN - The maladroids newest weapon. small, swift and able to travel on the earths surface. cute appereance belies their vicious nature.

at the top left, it's got a tatsunoko productions sticker!

post-26-1118669939_thumb.jpg

VOLCAN - The maladroids newest weapon. small, swift and able to travel on the earths surface. cute appereance belies their vicious nature.

And to think toynami used the same moulds for their SD pullback valks...ur...veritechs. :lol:

And to think toynami used the same moulds for their SD pullback valks...ur...veritechs. :lol:

Nope. The Toynami version is larger and crappier.

Heh I used to LOVE these toys when I was a kid in the 80s. They were pure crap, but the pictures on the box were SO EXCITING.

When Robotech finally came out in the US, these toys could be found way in the back of the Toys'R'Us racks, in horrible condition. Torn boxes, dusty, NO LOVE.

I swear, they were the worst transforming toys ever.

Nope. The Toynami version is larger and crappier.

Yeah, the Toynami version is a completely differen mold. It's a very similar concept (pull-back SD valk, sorry, VERYtech) but it's not the same toy. I actually like Toynami's version better, but that's not saying a lot since they're both pretty crappy toys. The pull-back SD Alpha on the other hand is all kinds of cool, and the only thing I think Toynami has done really well.

no thats an android pilot. ;)

Or, it's a human working for the Androids, like Baltar...

Did you notice on the data readout on the SD one, it all comes from the Macross stats, right down to the GU-11 gunpod?

I wonder if this cute little maladroid also comes with an equally cute green haired alien hottie with abnormally sized breasts.