I just got back from seeing the late showing. A fun summer movie. Mindless but enjoyable.

For those of you that noticed the couple of homages to Fight Club (one of my fav movies), more power to you =)

Oh yeah... a bit self gratuitous... but funny.

The one thing that I'm REALLY looking forward to isn't coming till December. I was plenty excited about Star Wars already, but when I saw the four kids get off the train, I was already going "Whoa." I've always wanted to see the Chronicles of Narnia in LOTR style, and this looks like it could be it. The music in the trailer was great, and I hear they're using the same people from the WETA workshop that did LOTR... So I'm really hoping it turns out well. If it doesn't, heads will roll, but they have to know that to screw up this story would be just about as bad as if Peter Jackson had royally screwed up LOTR. Some people I know only got into LOTR after reading the CoN. Okay, I'll admit, I'm probably way over-enthusiastic about it, but I've been waiting for someone to make this ever since LOTR started. Here's hoping it'll be the perfect movie to end the year.

I remember seeing the animated adaptation of CoN when I was a kid (didn't know the name untill now :huh: ). Hope they make a good adaptation. Now I want to read the books.

It was a pretty good movie. The shootout at the end was good. It got corny with the little husband/wife dance like manuevers but they did a good job otherwise.

Yeah, the corny dance-like part kinda made me cringe, but considering that's the only part that made me do that I let it slide. :)

Fun movie with great jokes and humour but very anticlimatic in the end.

I mean, there's no distinct enemy, no real victory. Just somehow taking out masses of people wearing body armor with 9mm calibur glocks? Right. They c9uld make a sequel where they are fugitives or something...but they seem to be living in the same city at least and settled back into a suburban lifestyle. Maybe I was hoping for more a Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid thing lol.

Batman is the only film I wanted to see all year, my friends dragged me to Kingdom of Heaven (what a travesty and perversion of history not to mention a bad film), RoTS (man, episode I was better than this, I refuse to believe the prequels even happened after this one was worse than the previous two), and now Mr. and Mrs. Smith (which was good afterall).

The problem is I had to piss in the middel of it and I missed the part where he was outside her office and couldn't take the shot and I also don't know why he went to the construction building with the elevator.

But Batman is a must-see, especially since it was filmed in IMAX and seeing it at the IMAX will be incredible when it costs just about the same as normal theatres.

Plus Christian Bale rocks!

"I have to return some videotapes"

Edited by ComicKaze

Just got back from watching Mr. & Mrs. Smith. It was what I expected, a mindless action film with some fun fighting scenes, silly story, and solid humor. I liken this film to other guilty pleasures I enjoy such as True Lies. Mr. & Mrs. Smith was enjoyable and I'd easily watch it again.

I liked the Fight Club t-shirt. I'm such a geek :)

I thought the movie was highly enjoyable. It didn't take itself too seriously and was just a fun movie to watch.

One of the best parts I thought was when he came home and KNEW she was going to try to kill him, he was just looking and waiting to see how. Is it with the knife? It is with the wine? Is it with the meat?

Maybe they got to keep their jobs. How many agents did they wipe out in the process?

Edited by Anubis

Saw it. It was very enjoyable for the first half. But after the house blows up (not a major plot point, so it's not a spoiler), I thought it really went off the rails. The whole highway scene seemed just sorta lame with the contrived one-liners.

H

Saw it, and I thought the whole thing was pretty dumb. The whole story seemed kinda patchy. We never learn who their respective employers are, or why the local authorities never step in when they're constantly blowing stuff up. Without spoilers, I'll say that they sort of set you up for a plot twist, except you knew something was fishy the whole time. Really, they could have removed all the dialogue, had Brad and Angelina wail on each other for awhile before capping some faceless goons, all for no reason, and it would have been the same thing. There were a few stupid gags that gave me a chuckle, but they were few and far between. By far the worst movie I've seen since T3.

Yeah, well there's nothing like some pre-release gossip like those 2 getting together just to pump up their weak movie.

It's pretty f'ed up for Jennifer Aniston though. I mean, she's one of the hottest actresses in Hollywood. . . and her man just happens to run off with perhaps the only woman hotter than her. What are the odds!?!

:lol:

<_< M&MS ended up being only an 'OK' film, IMO.

I finally saw it last night with my fiance (after trying to see it this past Saturday... only to have the power go out at the theater 30 minutes in, due to a storm-caused downed power line). Anyhow... little did we know the best part was that first 30 or 45 minutes. Up to that point their was some pretty fun character development and worthwhile chemistry ... in an overall lightweight package. Unfortunately the second half - after the house blows up - is just one pointless extended chase/ gunfight with an abrupt and pithy end. I was nodding off near the end. Never has so much fake gunfire elicted so much utter disinterest in me. Even my finace - a pathological Angelina-phile - thought the movie was disappointing. I predict the box office drops off precipitously after the opening week...

Saw it, and I thought the whole thing was pretty dumb. The whole story seemed kinda patchy. We never learn who their respective employers are, or why the local authorities never step in when they're constantly blowing stuff up. Without spoilers, I'll say that they sort of set you up for a plot twist, except you knew something was fishy the whole time. Really, they could have removed all the dialogue, had Brad and Angelina wail on each other for awhile before capping some faceless goons, all for no reason, and it would have been the same thing. There were a few stupid gags that gave me a chuckle, but they were few and far between. By far the worst movie I've seen since T3.

It was an action/popcorn flick. What did you expect? If you didn't like T3, you've got bigger issues than I previously thought though. ;)

Saw it, and I thought the whole thing was pretty dumb.  The whole story seemed kinda patchy.  We never learn who their respective employers are, or why the local authorities never step in when they're constantly blowing stuff up.  Without spoilers, I'll say that they sort of set you up for a plot twist, except you knew something was fishy the whole time.  Really, they could have removed all the dialogue, had Brad and Angelina wail on each other for awhile before capping some faceless goons, all for no reason, and it would have been the same thing.  There were a few stupid gags that gave me a chuckle, but they were few and far between.  By far the worst movie I've seen since T3.

It was an action/popcorn flick. What did you expect? If you didn't like T3, you've got bigger issues than I previously thought though. ;)

Didn't like T3!??? :wacko:

I liked Mr. & Mrs. Smith. Fun.

I think after decades of similar material, most should know what to expect out of a film like Mr and Mrs. Smith. Personally, I go to these sorts of movies because I know exactly what to expect and when I'm not in the mood for mentally engaging, avant-garde film. It will have good action, good humor, a silly story, over-the-top lines/stunts, and a few weaknesses in the presentation. Like I said, it's the Lethal Weapon formula or the True Lies template, and I know what I'm getting when step in the theatre. It's just supposed to be a flawed but fun film.