Jessica Biel sucks.

It's Angelina Jolie AND Brad Pitt. I'm there.

With those lips she better.... hahaha...

I'll check it out. For the lack of better films to watch nowaday and also with Doug Liman directing an action/comedy, it should be ok.

What are you talking about? Cinderella Man is coming up later this week, and Russell Crowe is guaranteed another Oscar nomination.

wow. I didn't know you can guarantee an oscar nomination...

Does that one movie make it a better season of movies over all? Cinderella Man and Mr. Mrs. Smith to me are just fillers until Batman comes out. After that what do you have? Herbie Fully Loaded and Bewitched? :lol: Nothing until War Of The World comes out...

Edited by >EXO<

Nothing until War Of The World comes out...

Cough......Serenity and Land of The Dead...cough. I wouldn't exactly call them nothing.

And War of the Worlds, pah....don't you mean ID4 II? At least that's what it looked like from the trailer.

Graham

Mr. & Mrs Smith will undoubtedly have piss poor gunhandling and unrealistic gunfights, with probably some completely poo (fake) martial arts scenes thrown in, add half a dozen car chases to the mix....yawn. And no doubt lots of massive explosions with huge fireballs so beloved of Hollywood. Note to Hollywood, things rarely explode with a huge fireball :angry: . And worst of all, it stars Mick Jager in drag AKA Angelina Jolie :

I probably would have enjoyed this movie when I was 12, but nowadays, this sort of Hollywood nonsense just annoys me.

Graham

Nothing until War Of The World comes out...

Cough......Serenity and Land of The Dead...cough. I wouldn't exactly call them nothing.

And War of the Worlds, pah....don't you mean ID4 II? At least that's what it looked like from the trailer.

Graham

I don't know what the schedule is in HK but Serenity isn't scheduled til later this year...

I don't care much about Zombie movies... you've seen one you've seen them all. So if you discount WotW, it proves my point of another lackluster season of summer flicks.

Here's what we got to look forward to:

Jun 3

Cinderella Man Universal

Deep Blue (NY/LA) Miramax

High Tension Lions Gate

Lords of Dogtown Sony

Jun 10

Adventures of Shark Boy and Lava Girl in 3-D Miramax

The Honeymooners Paramount

Howl's Moving Castle (LTD) Buena Vista

Mr. & Mrs. Smith Fox

Jun 15

Batman Begins Warner Bros.

Jun 17

The Perfect Man Universal

Jun 22

Herbie: Fully Loaded Buena Vista

Jun 24

Bewitched Sony

George A. Romero's Land of the Dead Universal

Rize (LTD) Lions Gate

Jun 29

War of the Worlds Paramount

Jul 1

Rebound Fox

Jul 8

Dark Water Buena Vista

The Fantastic Four Fox

Jul 15

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Warner Bros.

Hustle & Flow Paramount Classics

The Wedding Crashers New Line

Jul 22

The Bad News Bears Paramount

The Devil's Rejects Lions Gate

The Island DreamWorks

Jul 29

The Brothers Grimm Miramax

Must Love Dogs Warner Bros.

Night Watch (LTD) Fox Searchlight

Sky High Buena Vista

Stealth Sony

Aug 5

2046 (LTD) Sony Classics

Cry Wolf Focus

The Dukes of Hazzard Warner Bros.

The Pink Panther MGM/UA

Aug 12

Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo Sony

Four Brothers Paramount

Skeleton Key Universal

Aug 19

The 40-Year-Old Virgin Universal

Domino New Line

Red Eye DreamWorks

Valiant Buena Vista

Aug 26

The Cave Sony

The Constant Gardner Focus

Undiscovered Lions Gate

Guest Bromgrev
No way. Saw the trailer when I saw ROTS and it looks absolutely crap. Definitely one to avoid like the plague.

I was going to say exactly the same thing, so I'll just quote to avoid charges of plagiarism ... :ph34r:

Jun 17           The Perfect Man  Universal

Heh, I don't know they were releasing a movie about Agent ONE. :D

I know I shouldn't feed his ego, otherwise his head will pop one of these days :lol:

Graham

So if you discount WotW, it proves my point of another lackluster season of summer flicks.

Oh my oh my, what a sorry year for movies. Out of all the movie's on EXO's list, the only ones I have any interest in at all are: -

• Howl's Moving Castle
  • George A. Romero's Land of the Dead
  • The Devil's Rejects

Graham

Guest Bromgrev
Jul 8  Dark Water  Buena Vista

Aaargh! When is Hollywood going to stop making American copies of Japanese copies of 'Ring'? :angry: Dark Water was boring enough in the 'original'.

Aug 26 The Constant Gardner  Focus

Now that sounds like it has potential ... ;)

I'll go watch Mr and Mrs Smith. Looks funny. Definately seeing Batman. Want to see Land of the Dead and War of the Worlds. May see Star Wars again.

Everything else I don't know. Even F4 I put in the maybe category.

Actually, Mr. and Mrs. Smith appears to be one of those rare Hollywood actions flicks that sells itself at face value. True the film appears to own all the telltale signs of typical Hollywood summer fare, but it's not pretending to be something it isn't. It's overblown, it's melodramatic, and it's Hollywood pulp selling on star power and a off-camera interpersonal scandal to boot! Yet in spite of all this, nothing in the trailer is marketting the film as anything but the mindless entertainment that it is. As such, I kinda respect the little honesty in that.

Also, for better or worse, I must admit I've actually enjoyed several of Doug Liman's films. Both Swingers and The Bourne Identity were lots of fun for what they were. So I'm morbidly curious to see what becomes of Mr. and Mrs. Smith.

Of course, this will all depend upon my mood at the time. This is the sort of film whereby I must be in the state of mind for a mindless, silly piece of entertainment. Usually, I'm fairly demanding of my film. I'll just have to play it by ear :)

I'll probably see Mr. and Mrs. Smith in the cheap theatres. It looks like mindless action fluff, but it also looks like mindless action fluff that's so bad it's funny.

The movie I'm most looking forward to out of >EXO<'s list would be The Brothers Grimm. I've never seen a Terry Gilliam movie that I did not find to be absolutely exceptional.

Jun 17          The Perfect Man  Universal

Heh, I don't know they were releasing a movie about Agent ONE. :D

I know I shouldn't feed his ego, otherwise his head will pop one of these days :lol:

Graham

*BOOM*

Jun 10

Howl's Moving Castle (LTD) Buena Vista

Jun 15

Batman Begins Warner Bros.

Jun 22

Herbie: Fully Loaded Buena Vista

Jun 29

War of the Worlds Paramount

Jul 8

The Fantastic Four Fox

Jul 15

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Warner Bros.

These are the ones I look forward to seeing. I'm expecting War of the Worlds to not be a complete disaster (at least it should be visually interesting), but after the fiasco that was Minority Report, I have no hope for Spielberg and Cruise to not fart up a classic.

I like Lindsay Lohan, so I will give Herbie a shot. I like Johnny Depp, so I will give Charlie a shot.

What exactly is Brother Grimms? Some sort of horror fairy tale movie?