servicemen and women

Hey how many of you guys are in the armed services, or has served before? And how long where you in and what was your job? I am in the airforce, currently stationed at macdill afb, fl, been in for 8 months now, and I am a videographer, a film maker for the military for those who don't know what a videographer means.

4 years Air Force (98-02). Aircrew Egress Systems. Ejection Seats for F-16's at Hill AFB, UT and F-16's and A-10's at Osan AB, Korea.

The ONLY regret in life that I have is not serving my country. I went through MEPS for USMC Officer Candidate School, but the DAY before shipping out I got a job offer, which looked like I would make millions (was a dot com company). I WAS worth millions on paper for a good 6 months, but after it all came crashing down, I had tasted good living enough to shy me away from the Marine Corps permanently... Still though, I often think about how much I would like to be in Iraq right now.

I can just imagine going over to the sand box and saluting captain agent one!! Just think of all the action figure variants to be made with agent one in cammies, bdus, and service dress uniforms with medals and ribbons. Classic

Six year vet of the US Marine Corps signing on. 0311 infantryman, 1st Battalion, 9th Marines, 1st Marine Division stationed at Camp Pendleton, CA. Semper Fi to those of my fellow Marines out there.

Edited by Noriko Takaya

I can only imagine how much more headstrong Agent One would be now if he where Agent One AND a marine. :p

I think it's nice this thread popped up, I've always wondered how many current and ex armed forces folks we have on here. I know a few but I don't know everyone. I've always been a staunch believer that us current and former mil folks need to stick together. And especially on this day of all days we need to remember our brothers who paid the ultimate sacrifice for our country.

Edit: me spel bad. no slep.

Edited by JsARCLIGHT

8 years U.S. Army

5.5 years 98H, Signals Intelligence Interceptor, 1.5 years in training (Fort Dix, NJ, Fort Devens, Mass.) two years at Misawa Air Force Base, Japan. Two more years at Fort Meade, MD.

2.5 years 95B, Military Police, 29th MP Company, 29th Infantry Division (light).

Oh, and, noone has mentioned it yet in this thread (and on this day) but thanks to all of you who served or are serving in any capacity.

Today is about the guys who never made it back, but we all did our part, and for that, I want to thank you all.

I'm late to the party as usual but I'd like to salute all those who did thier duty. HOOAH!

I had 4 years US Army. 101st Air Assult Pathfinder. 3 years and 3 mos. VA ANG 116infantry /29th ID. I got booted on a medical. :( Funny thing is I seem to have been promoted last month even though I've been out for almost 8 years. I left as an E-6 staff sgt. When I went to get a new ID my National Guard records have me as Sgt. first class (E-7). :unsure: Anyone else ever have this happen?

4 Years U.S. Navy from 1997-2001.

AM2, NAS Oceana. An AM is an Aviation Mechanic specializing in Hydraulic systems and Structures of aircrafts. My platform was the F/A-18C Hornet. I served with VFA-87 and cruised aboard the USS Theodore Roosevelt and Enterprise.

Wow there are more of us here than I had thought who have served. It's always good to know more vets.

Kong

though i havent served. i come from a military family, my granddad was in navy starting in 1946, step gpa served for 16 years with the Armys 102 Airborne during ww2. other gpa was in the fledgling Airforce during its first few years. My dad retired from airforce in 1995 after holding the line maintaining B-52s and i have one sister in

Marine Corps Intellegence. And another sister to enter basic training in august for the Airforce

USMC back in 1996-2000, Did Comm and was stationed in Okinawa and Camp Pendeleton.

I've been a section commander in the USAF for about 4 years now. I was stationed at Minot AFB, ND for 2.5 years (5 MUNS & 5 MXS)and now I'm currently stationed at RAF Lakenheath, England (48 EMS).

Edited by Sephiroth

I did my tech school training at ft. Meade, md, and I come from a long military history which includes my mom, step dad, and most of my grand parents, and my cousin who unfortunatly passed away from some stupid gang thing in san antonio, before joining I lived at ft hood, tx for 14 yrs, but I never really wanted to join, always said it wasn't for me, then I realized my life was going nowhere and joined up to get out of ft hood, and low and behold all of the things I wanted out of life are coming true so yeah its great, but not 4 everyone