Custom Member Titles

I don't know how well I'm known. But I feel like I have a very good idea of who everyone is around here. I know who the junk posters are and who really contributes.

Anyway, as an example, the first thing that comes to my mind is Grayson72 'the picture nazi'. Every time somebody posts a picture that's bigger than 640x480, I can guarantee he'll be in there to remind them about the image size rules.

I don't wanna name any names but I can think of a few junk posters.

I still think it'd be alot of fun.... we could make Duke Togo's something along the lines or resident nihilist.... :p

Don't you mean *of

Some spellchecker you are.

I think the member title of MW's pet robotechie troll proves that.

I noticed that the other day and about spit my drink out on my monitor.

I had to go check on that myself, and there couldent be a more fitting title than that. :lol:

I think the PM nomination would work best. I have someone in mind too but no title to think of as good as u guys could make. Either way its a good idea for more cutom titles.

The best title I could think of for someone (not the person I would nominate) is "The Defender of Star Trek" or something along that.

It sounds like a great idea and there should definitely be more custom titles. I like the humorous titles best and it should be lots of fun! I like the idea of suggesting titles for members other than yourself and submitting them to the moderators. That should be lots of fun…my imagination is already going :)

I don’t want to offend the suggestions made so far, but I’m not sure I like any of the rules that have been posted. I can already think of several members for whom I’d submit title suggestions, but they would not fall within “post count” or “years of service” or “contribution” rules. Of course, I may probably have a motive as well, since I often find myself as one of those longtime members of message boards that hangs beneath the radar, always the exception to the rule.

I’ll have to think about what the criteria should be and come up with some ideas.

Edited by Mr March

I think the current "criteria" of either A) saying something stupid yet memorable B) being a total doorknob in a thread and getting slapped with a custom title befitting your actions or C) having some sort of quirk or habit that befits a strange custom title should remain.

How long someone is here or how visible they are should not really be a factor... after all, I personally find it hilarious when one day someone who was being a complete asshat in a thread shows up with a custom member title befitting their boorish behaviour... I wonder who I'm talking about?... or someone giving a little too much "exposure" on the message board.

I think it would take a lot of the humor and fun out of it if all of a sudden people start showing up with nonsensical or uber indie joke titles like "hong kong phooey" and stuff. The rest of the members may not know or have had a chance to know what it is all about. I like the idea that the custom titles are sort of "inside jokes" but they all stemmed from something that happened on the boards to a good degree and most people can look at someone's custom title and remember those fond memories of tomfoolery.

Edit: I think what I'm trying to say is it is not too interesting to just have people randomly PMing mods saying "so and so should have 'I like small goats" because it just doesn't "speak" to the current fun on custom titles. I think the only way to get a custom title should still be how it has been done in the past... I think the whole PM a mod with suggestions thing should require "proof". IE, if you see member A say something in a thread like "I used to wash koalas" then PMing a mod asking them to give member A the title "Koala Washer" and refferencing the thread he said that in would give more "validity" to the custom titles.

Then again I'm bit of a tard when it comes to "tradition". :p

Edited by JsARCLIGHT

Not sure about it. Being evil with huge desire to take over the world I can see why one would try to get him/her self more visable to get a custom name, you just want to be known. But my other side says its dumb to try to since most titles are not related to the person at all or is some realy bad insult to that person or another person.

Well guess if we vote yes on the title on a person guess one of us should go to where ever the person lives and beat him/her for an hour with a sock full of doorknobs and if he/she still says yes then let them have it. :)

I don't know how well I'm known. But I feel like I have a very good idea of who everyone is around here. I know who the junk posters are and who really contributes.

Anyway, as an example, the first thing that comes to my mind is Grayson72 'the picture nazi'. Every time somebody posts a picture that's bigger than 640x480, I can guarantee he'll be in there to remind them about the image size rules.

name them!

I've been here a while and I still can't keep up who these people are. Especially when people change avatars, I'm screwed.

I don't know how well I'm known.  But I feel like I have a very good idea of who everyone is around here.  I know who the junk posters are and who really contributes. 

Anyway, as an example, the first thing that comes to my mind is Grayson72 'the picture nazi'.  Every time somebody posts a picture that's bigger than 640x480, I can guarantee he'll be in there to remind them about the image size rules.

name them!

I've been here a while and I still can't keep up who these people are. Especially when people change avatars, I'm screwed.

I've learned the hard way to never name names. I don't wanna piss anybody off. Especially since I have a low post count. But I probably spend at least an hour but usually more here reading the boards every day.

Besides, I post junk every now and then. I feel like I help out, though. A little while back, I hauled a big trash bag into work full of hasegawa boxes just so I could scan them for Jesse's model page update. I got a few looks from the peeps at work. :lol: But I felt obligated to contribute what I could.

Who has a custom title with the lowest post count?

That would probably be MGREXX. Though, the trick is to get a title without being a total ass-hat. In the case of someone getting one that wasn't an ass-hat, I think Gaijin wins. He just got his based on what he has said in this very thread.

H

I don't mind mine. It's better than what a co-worker told me last week....

"If it weren't for the fact God made you cute, you'd be scary".

A gay guy told me that.... So I guess being part of the Anti-Hero's goon posse can't be all that bad.

EDIT: I think Keith should get his back. Ya know... "Don't listen to me." LOL

Edited by Jemstone

i'd like something like, "its a trick, get an axe"  or maybe, "paranoid delusionalist"

being a sharon apple attendee isn't all thats its cracked up to be.  :p

But, the one thing we agree on here is that people shouldn't be able to choose their own.

Otherwise, I'd have picked "haterist's favorite!" ;)

i'd like something like, "its a trick, get an axe"  or maybe, "paranoid delusionalist"

being a sharon apple attendee isn't all thats its cracked up to be.  :p

But, the one thing we agree on here is that people shouldn't be able to choose their own.

Otherwise, I'd have picked "haterist's favorite!" ;)

Your Father has exclusive rights to YOUR title.

Maybe it's just cuz you're illiterate cuz there have been like 4 new ones instated cuz of this thread.... ;)

Any good ones. :rolleyes: And have there been any at all before this thread mentioned the topic again? No. :p

Why do people want a custom anyways? If everyon had customs they'd just be mini sigs.

On most forums you'd be right, but here the Mods set the title, so its more interesting.

And have there been any at all before this thread mentioned the topic again? No. :p

Actually, mine was given just before this thread was started. So there.

:p

Why do people want a custom anyways? If everyon had customs they'd just be mini sigs.

Given the method in which the custom titles would be granted, I would think it a fun and enjoyable way to build community. So much debate and disagreement happens on these message boards, I see the granting of custom titles as a team building effort. It adds yet another reason to enjoy MacrossWorld and have fun with your fellow members. So I say go wild.

If it's more of a reward to the chosen few, it's not my place to demand otherwise, but I say it's a lot less fun.

• 2 weeks later...