Revenge of the Sith

Yeah I meant the ROTS Darth Vader lightsaber, as in the one that has a red blade, which we never see in the movie. The one that he would end up using in ANH.

Yeah it looks different from the ANH, ESB, and ROTJ lightsabers.

I like lightsabers, and how they look is important to how much I like them. The generic Jedi lightsaber looks like crap to me. :p The ones that most of the Jedi use in ROTS and AOTC, that's the generic thing I don't like.

I liked Anakin's in ROTS. I liked Sidious' lightsaber a lot. Even if people in other forums said it looked like a dildo. Never Palpatine's dildo. :lol: It's smaller, concealable, and doesn't have a whole buttload of knobs and other things that would get in the way of handling a blade. :)

I've been looking up crap on lightsabers recently. The lightsaber that Luke receives in ANH is different from the lightsaber he uses in ESB. That activation box (I don't have the vocab down) in ANH has these little bubbles on it. In ESB it's this metal stuff. Anakin's in AOTC has a box like ANH. In ROTS it has the circuit board looking stuff.

Good info on the lightsabers stamen! ;)

Wouldn't it be funny to force shove your opponent's lightsaber back into their own face so they kill themselves? :lol:

Yes, the calculator LED bubbles on Luke's ANH saber were swapped out in favor of a circuit's 13-pin connector.

And I guess Anakin didn't get a saber in A Phantom Menace. My bad, I was thinking of the youngling Jedi in Attack of the Clones.

Anyway, for the curious, Anakin's AotC saber:

http://www.xscapesprops.com/star%20wars%20...walkersaber.jpg

Anakin's RotS saber. I think it may have been a Graflex replica, after all. Some details just don't match Luke's saber:

http://www.bigtimecomics.com/images/Master...0LE%20-%201.jpg

Compare the previous to Luke's ANH saber:

http://www.trainerdiego.com/4_sale/lightsaber_3.jpg

And Luke's ESB saber. Notice the circuit board on the box and the different button:

http://www.starwars-tw.com/replica/saber/m...b-se/luke04.jpg

I am officially a Star Wars geek. >_<

And I still see no fault in him trying to save his wife and unborn son (which of course turned out to include a daughter also).  For a man to willingly and knowingly sacrifice his family, without doing anything about it, is completely unacceptable.

By itself, no? By selling his soul? The ironic nature of which is what dooms his family. Moreover, Anakin just wasn't just any man, he was a Jedi. There is no middle ground, they're either good or bad. He chose bad and became his families doom rather than salvation. That he was never supposed to have a family to begin with, and he knew that and did it anyway was the underlying roots of the problem.

A1 would make a good Sith. The ends justify the means...

The Jedi view would be that their means justify the end. As Anakin's tortured fate was justified by the wickedness he chose to embrace.

Edited by Uxi

I liked Anakin's in ROTS. I liked Sidious' lightsaber a lot. Even if people in other forums said it looked like a dildo. Never Palpatine's dildo. :lol:

Your utility belt was vibrating. Nine times out of ten, it's some Sith's lightsaber. But every once in a while...it's a dildo. Of course, it's policy on Coruscant never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo. We use the indefinite article "a dildo" never...YOUR dildo.

I am Jack's enjoyable paraphrasing :)

Nope, but in war, the most committed wins. The only "win" they want is for everybody who isn't one of them, to die. There will be no stoping them other than killing them to the last man.

But the sith also kill thier own guys. :D Thier enemy isn't innocent people since they can enslave them, but people who also work under them and compete for power, and threaten to ursurp them. The wars were just cogs in a machine to collect power under a single person who would "win" so long as people could willingly accept enslavement under that one person. Those people (working for the empire) deserve to lose since they are scared to fight and are forced to kiss the emperor's ass if they wish to live. Disagree? Then a force-choked death is the only other option.

The most commited were the rebels since they let go of thier attachments to live forever and control everything. They were fighting for freedom for others, not themselves. This can't be competed with since they are prepared to die for others and get nothing in return or favours from others. It's thier choice to help the innocent and weak (knights) to preserve the good. The exact opposite of the sith who lost because fear (a control mechanism and theme of the newer movies where the evil plotter can use it to scare anakin and trick him) was an ineffective weapon against bravery in the end.

A brave person will not give in to fear of death or the threat of one of thier own being hostage. (anakin genuinely thought padme would die if he didn't follow palp's plan. In ep2 padme was quite prepared to die and fight for what was right just as obi wan told him. Anakin risking "rescuing her" at the expense of the mission means her brave efforts are in vain)

I think at times it is necessary to commit acts of evil in order to do good.

But no good came out of it in star wars. Since anakin got nothing from the sith lord.

a) didn't get revenge because he wasn't as smart and cunning as him to be able to kill him. (until luke awoke the sensible "sane" anakin)

b) recieved no power since everyone treated him like a middleman/teacher's pet and didn't give much respect to him. OT shows this attitude of subordinates for vader vs emperor. Nobody respected him even when he turned.

c) no immortality or "power to help his friends" since palp isn't stupid and there would be no incentive for him to help the boy since he has mind control over him. Palpatine allow dooku to die who was his weaker follower, and similary would encourage luke to kill vader.

d) Vader took over from anakin (the person was bent to the dark side's will like the evil ring in LOTR) and didn't care to do good works anyway. It was the promise of a power trip after padme died that was all that was left for Vader/anakin to live, which would never come since he is weaker than his master. The master kept him alive long enough just as long as he was a useful-enough puppet till the next person came along.

If people are going to say that mace was "being evil" for wanting palp dead there and then, (because they believe it wasn't fair or goes against thier better judgement) then I would willingly accept being evil to do good. But I interpret the evil to be the empire and the plotter who disguised his true intentions thorugh lies and deceit. (which are evil traits amongst a majority of the human race - "sins" if you will.) The wicked lost thier "right" to fairness when they decided to cheat and manipuate minds. I have no sympathy for the "pure" evil characters like Sith Lord, as opposed to the misguided fallen ones who don't know any better due to ignorance - ie anakin whose fall was a result of trickery and opportunitism due to youth and lack of wisdom. As annoying as his whiney teen angst was, you can't say it was all his fault, but also partly poor teaching and upbringing by his mentor who didn't sense the warning signs.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

My dear friend Hurin, what do they mean when they say "consumed by the Dark Side of the Force"?

My dear friend Togo,

I'd say they mean: When someone comes back to a defunct thread after a long absence and baits someone into a discussing something that is no longer relevant or that has already been settled. Most likely as an attempt to annoy, rather than sincerely discuss. :rolleyes:

We covered this here.

And the Sith don't use the Force to further their own agenda, the Dark Side of the Force controls them.  Once you start down the Dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.

It's not that the Dark Side controls you. It's that you cannot let go of the power that it provides you. . . to control others and have your will be done through your use of the Force rather than doing the Force's will as its vessel.

You become "consumed by the Dark Side" when you become corrupted by the power it gives you to such an extent that you can't let it go. The power that the Dark Side provides, once unleased, is overwhelmingly seductive.

H

Speaking of star wars, some friend of mine e-mailed me this funny pic. NOTE: No offense to real veterans. :lol:

heh the guy behind vader has a real evil look on his face. thats a pretty cool pic, the one guy checking out the lady walking by and the other just walking ignoring the vader.