262 members have voted

1. 1. Which one are you going to get?

• xBOX360
    • Nintendo Revulotion
    • PS3
    • None
    • More than one
    • Can't think about games, Agent ONE is just so sexy, its distracting

IGN.com has the specific transcripts.  I wouldn't say that it's so much ALL Genesis and TurboGrafix games, just the popular Sega and Hudson ones from how they're saying it.  But if they have those, maybe other companies will put theres on.  I wonder if we'll see and download-only games or download-extras from the Revolution.

384224[/snapback]

If they have any intelligence at all, they'll pay Konami for Rondo of Blood. And do the dub themselves if they have to.

An english Rondo of Blood could move the system all on it's own.

We already know they're getting 3rd-party software for the download network.

(Thank goodness. I like Nintendo, but really, the NES and SNES succeeded because of 3rd-party support, not Nintendo's titles alone.)

384297[/snapback]

How many people have ever heard of Rondo of blood in the US? Maybe 100,000, and mainly from playing Simphony of the Night then looking up what was going on in the begining. I doubt it'll do much. I mean really, I saw Illusion of Gaia on the preliminary SNES lists. Therefore, if they're that good with Square-Enix then they could get Terranigma too, of which they already have translated versions and is probably as popular as Rondo of Blood. Doesn't mean they'll have it in the end.

Wes is right, as much as games like Rondo of Blood might appeal to hardcore gamers it's not going to do a thing for mass-market penetration. I mean, you can play Rondo of Blood on the PSP! Surely that's why it sells so well!?

Ultimately there remains a lot fo be seen concerning these old games, and it's very unlikely any sort of large back catalog will be available due to the difficulty of getting rights and so forth. At best I'd expect to see a handful of "top" games from Nintendo and even then I question the point. Nintendo does such a good job of whoring out their old properties that eventually people are going to stop wondering WHY the hell they should care about playing the original Super Mario Bros. on ANOTHER system.

The likelyhood of hardcore interest games like Snatcher and Rondo of Blood appearing on the revolution (especially in America is very unlikely.

How many people have ever heard of Rondo of blood in the US?  Maybe 100,000, and mainly from playing Simphony of the Night then looking up what was going on in the begining. 

I knew what it was before I'd ever played a single CV game. I think that was the single most-hyped import game of the entire era.

It shows up in EVERY "best Castlevania" discussion.

It's widely regarded as the best entry in a very well-known series.

If it hadn't been Castlevania, I'm pretty sure it would have a much smaller following. But it was, and it got a LOT of attention for it(albeit most of that attention was udner the mislabel "Castlevania: Dracula X").

I doubt it'll do much.  I mean really, I saw Illusion of Gaia on the preliminary SNES lists.  Therefore, if they're that good with Square-Enix then they could get Terranigma too, of which they already have translated versions and is probably as popular as Rondo of Blood.  Doesn't mean they'll have it in the end.

I'm pretty sure Terranigma's nowhere near as popular.

Was someone playing this, mainipluating the controls or anything?  I don't see the usual upper-bar info as though it were.

384614[/snapback]

Yeah it's MORE then too 'clean'. Very Very Pre-renderish in feel. <_< Besides I didn't think that N was that far ahead of the curve on their developer kits and this clearly looks like it's had more then a year plus of work put into it already. :huh:

SNK... they waited too long(not NEAR as long as Capcom, though. The PS1 and Saturn were out, but not the N64), and then just never tried again. The NG64 wasn't what it should have been, and SNK just never came back to the idea.

383860[/snapback]

They nearly went out of business shortly after the NG64. If it weren't for the Korean company that bought them out and re-christened the company SNK Playmore did the company rise from the grave and continue milking existing franchises.