Anti-UN's Destroid..

Lightning

I'd say probably not......it seems that the anti-UN forces generally favor hit and fade tactics, and thus highly manueverable mecha. Destroids seem to be mainly for defense of static targets.

I guess its possible they do, but I'd imagine they'd focus more on faster, more offensively oriented mecha.

I'd say probably not......it seems that the anti-UN forces generally favor hit and fade tactics, and thus highly manueverable mecha. Destroids seem to be mainly for defense of static targets.

The Anti-UN would have to have bases, fleets and fixed sturctures just like the UN. You can't fight an entire war with offensive weapons only. Plus, the only tactics we have seen from them involve a wolfpack of SV-51's. There have probably been much larger, non hit-and-run engagements using more conventional (non-overtech) weapons and tactics.

This is my feeling as well. Isn't the Anti-UN more or less a large terrorist organization? If so, then it is unlikely they have large bases, unless there are countries that are alligned with the "anti-UN". I suspect they want to remain as mobile as possible, and destroids aren't good at that.

Another issue is the financial situation of the Anti-UN. Presumably they have less in the way of funds than the UN. If this is the case, they know that they won't be able to field forces that are comparable over the long term. So they have two options. Either they spend their money on a large number of cheap weapons, or they spend it on a few high-end weapons. It seems clear from Zero that they have Valkyries that are pretty comparable to what the UN has. So I suspect that they have gone with the latter. The Valkyries also seem much more suited to the their likely strategy of hit and fades.

But I don't know enough about the Anti-UN to know if that makes sense... :D

I'd say probably not......it seems that the anti-UN forces generally favor hit and fade tactics, and thus highly manueverable mecha.  Destroids seem to be mainly for defense of static targets.

The Anti-UN would have to have bases, fleets and fixed sturctures just like the UN. You can't fight an entire war with offensive weapons only. Plus, the only tactics we have seen from them involve a wolfpack of SV-51's. There have probably been much larger, non hit-and-run engagements using more conventional (non-overtech) weapons and tactics.

I definately agree on that.

Also, you must remember that destroids aren't only for combat. Look at the Spartan. That thing barely has any attack ability, but it has arms for lifting heavy objects. I'd assume the Anti-UN would look into such a design if it gained the funds to do so.

I think they definatly have destroids and large bases somwhere. My theory is that when the tv series was being designed in the late 70's and early 80's that the original war was supposed to have been fought between the UN/Nato forces and the USSR, but today we don't have a USSR so you can't do that, instead you have the UN vs. Anti-UN. Looking at the OVA it seems to me that the UN is made up of the U.S. and it's allies, and that the Anti-UN seems to be made up of Russians and people belonging to the former USSR client states. Of cours this is just my theory :p

I'd say probably not......it seems that the anti-UN forces generally favor hit and fade tactics, and thus highly manueverable mecha.  Destroids seem to be mainly for defense of static targets.

Also, you must remember that destroids aren't only for combat. Look at the Spartan. That thing barely has any attack ability, but it has arms for lifting heavy objects. I'd assume the Anti-UN would look into such a design if it gained the funds to do so.

Well I don't know about that... The Spartan is loaded with guns in it's central chest and has two missile racks on each shoulder.

...and a billy club.

:rolleyes:

First I don't think the Anti-UN at that time is a terrorist group. When Shin woke up on the island he asked who side the islanders were on. Like locations choosed goverment alliances to join. The Anti-UN are most likely just the different nations that don't want what the U.N.wants and aren't afraid to bend the rules of war. In Macross Zero the UN War is suppose to be over. If your gonna see conflicts it will hit and run stuff at this point. Decades later I think that they become a terrorist force only.

If the Anti-Un has tanks and VF Battroid legs then there's a good chance they will have Destroids.

First I don't think the Anti-UN at that time is a terrorist group.  When Shin woke up on the island he asked who side the islanders were on.  Like locations choosed goverment alliances to join.  The Anti-UN are most likely just the different nations that don't want what the U.N.wants and aren't afraid to bend the rules of war.  In Macross Zero the UN War is suppose to be over.  If your gonna see conflicts it will hit and run stuff at this point.  Decades later I think that they become a terrorist force only.

So in that sense the UN is like Gundam SEED's Earth Alliance and the Anti-UN is like Orb sans the terrorist part later on?

Edited by Druna Skass

Well I don't know about that... The Spartan is loaded with guns in it's central chest and has two missile racks on each shoulder.

...and a billy club.

:rolleyes:

And yet almost every time the pilots fight in them, they clotheslined the Zentran :lol: