iMacross Servers

wrylac

I still can't connect through SmartFTP, boinger. :(

I'm getting a "No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it" error.

Me, too. I got that before so I didn't think much of it but it has been doing that for a while now.

I still can't get in through smartftp. It tries to connect but then says: "A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond."

imacross4 online.

2 guys downloading. 15kb/s in total.

I was online all of last night. I know some people are able to connect, but I'm not sure why some are not able.

Could the people who are connecting say

1. what software they are using

and

2. anything about the settings they use on the ftp client software?

Maybe, there's a specific setting that needs to be checked or unchecked to get connected.

when i use smartftp to connect, I just type in the info.

imacross4.myftp.org

port: 21

logon: macrossmania OR use your username, so I can see who is able to logon at all

password: vf1a

Edited by boinger

Okay, now I can get in. I had an old address or something (imacross4.dynu.net). Thanks, boinger. BTW - I used SmartFTP and WinXP with my MW username.

I'm sorry i'm slow at these things. whats the new address? I still can't get in.

imacross4 online

oops! I updated the imacross faq with my new ftp server info.

imacross4.myftp.org

port 21

logon: (macrossworld name)

passoword: vf1a

Last week was just a whole bunch of computer problems with upgrading to win xp pro. Now, the computer is running rather smoothly...until I upgrade the motherboard, cpu, memory and video card for next year when halflife 2 comes out.

Hey boinger, new question. Any idea how I keep SmartFTP from timing out halfway through downloads(the download itselfs is cut off but I stay connect)? It's been doing both before and after your system changes, so I'm thinking it's something on my end.

Edited by McKlown

Hey boinger, new question. Any idea how I keep SmartFTP from timing out halfway through downloads(the download itselfs is cut off but I stay connect)? It's been doing both before and after your system changes, so I'm thinking it's something on my end.

I have the same problem myself. I also have the problem where SmartFTP says it completed the transaction successfully but it really did not. It's not a big deal for me because SmartFTP allows you to resume a download.

I have a little question regarding to macross encore on imacross4... :D

I see 5 files of macross encore there:

Fleet of the Stronges#4BF42.avi <--this is "Fleet Of The Strongest Women" i suppose,and this is 1 episode of Macross Encore OVA i`m right?

so what is this?: :unsure:

Macross 7 Encore - 01a.avi

Macross 7 Encore - 01b.avi

Are this just other version of Fleet of strongest women or is it other episode?(On Stage?,Which One Do You Love?)

And what is that?

Macross 7 Encore - 02a.avi

Macross 7 Encore - 02b.avi

It would be superb if someone could explain it to me:)I`m little confused :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

imacross 4 online.

I was actually able to get win xp pro to lockup. Not on purpose. I was trying to move around a lot of files from one hard drive to another harddrive to make room for the [ass] macross 7 files and gundam zz files.

macross encore is a 4 part ova animation that is a continuation of the macross 7 series.

macross 7: fleet of the strongest women is a 1 episode continuation of macross 7 series

imacross 4 online.

5 guys, 8 kb/s total.

I'll see if I can increase download speed.

Thanks for macross 20th anniversary and macross vfx song. Now located under macross video.

And thanks for Tsukihime - anime horror. Watched half of 2nd episode; Kind of like vampire princess miyu. I'm not sure if I'll keep it for the server because I keep filling up my hard drives with mst3k.

imacross 4 online

win xp corrupted its own file search engine. Apparently win xp just does this and can only be corrected by a reinstall of winxp. I now use ava search. I was also able to get my belkin ups finally recognized by winxp. As well, when I scan disked the c: to fix the broken file search engine, winxp mixed up my logon settings.

I had a busy morning.

Now, I'll just try to get my all in one printer back online and all my computer hardware will be working.

I use directory lister software to list the contents of my ftp server. This html file is under UPLOADS.

I'll put an updated version up by Sunday. I just want to recatalogue some ebooks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Using SmartFTP, here, and I have somewhat of a problem.

I'm now downloading Macross 7 Trash...and when I try to browse through the other folders, it won't let me.

I know it downloads a list of files every time you click a folder, so is this normal, and a way to save bandwidth?

I now own a DSL connection, but sadly when I tried to get in IMacross4, I recieved an operation 1060 time out...which I have no clue what it really is...I also get that when I try to use Bit Torrent...so I"m sorta wondering what good is this new DSL connection I got when I can't even use it for what I want it to do for me?