Would love to see these kits made

BROWNSFAN72

Hello everyone, I have been reading and following this forum for a while and figured out I would join and put in my idea's.

I have seen alot of the kits being made in the 1/72 scale and it has given me a wish list, here goes, hopefully there will be a interest and some of the builders might pick up on this:

1. 1/72 VEFR-1 Electronic Warfare Valkyrie - 1/60 or 1-72 resin upgrade for the yamato variable or hasigawa kit.

2. Destroid Defender,Destroid Tomahawk, Destroid Spartan, Destroid Phalanx

1/72, more detail, options and in resin.

3. 1/72 Veritech Armored Jet Attack Copter

4. 1/72 ATAC Variable Combat Hovertank, ATAC Variable Anti-Aircraft HoverTank, ATAC Variable Quick-Strike HoverTank

5. 1/72 Alpha/Beta fighter/battloid - more detail

6. 1/72 Cyclone figure with armor

7. 1/72 bioroid set up

8. 1/72 invid scout ship.

Just some of the kits I wouldn't mind seeing built, I am new to this, how does a project like this start? Is there anyone on this forum that would be willing to help?

Hello, welcome to the boards.

Just FYI I only see 3 things on your list that actually have to do with Macross the rest looks like stuff from Robotech/Mospeada/Southern Cross.

For the most part, MW's model-makers pretty much decide what they will build by starting their own polls. I have never seen someone say, "hey, I want X"...and then have it get made.

Usually you see a poll from one of them listing a few possibilities for their next project, and they build the winner.

Or, if you have enough cash, you might want to post in the Wanted forum (or maybe here) regarding a one of a kind commission.

Good luck.

Welcome to the MW...

As Phyrox said, unfortunately, we dont get to choose kits like that. We cant say we want so and so and voila, someone comes in and builds it for us. Theres usually an interest check by the model builder themselves and if theres interested, then its built.

Also as Grayson72 said, most of those are Southern Cross and Mospeada units. A model builder here has gotten in trouble before making a "Robotech" unit. So I'll doubt seeing any of those being made anytime soon. As for your Macross requests:

1. 1/72 VEFR-1 Electronic Warfare Valkyrie - 1/60 or 1-72 resin upgrade for the yamato variable or hasigawa kit.

Variable kits are very hard and difficult to design. It'll be very costly and it would need a lot of interest for it to be made. Being that the VEFR-1 isnt one of the main valks, interest might be scarce.

I would love to see better destroids myself... hopefully a modeler will be willing to take that job one day.

There was already another thread about this.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=5111&hl=

Hey guys, Thanks for the input, just a few questions

1. Who on this forum makes kits?

2. What is the right way to guage interest for this kit?

For example the 1/72 VEFR-1 Electronic Warfare Valkyrie, I think this is the same as the VE-1 Elintseeker and since there is a 1/72 non-vaiable kit already made, do you guys feel that making a add on kit to this model would work? This way some macross junkies (me) can update their VE-1 1/72 kit to a VEFR-1?

Or maybe for people like me who own 2 VE-1 Elintseekers 1/60 from yamato have a fast pack add on to make one of the VE-1 into VEFR-1.

I hope I am not annoying anyone, but I love this forum and who knows maybe one day I might learn how to make kits and build them for others.

Thank you all for reading this post and thank you guys for responding to this post.

Edited by BROWNSFAN72

Hi! Welcome aboard. Do you have any pics of the Electronic Warfare valk? All I can think of is the Elintseeker.... also, what is number 3 on your list? Variable jet attack copter? Wtf is that...I've never heard of it but i sure sounds neat.

Thanks Promethuem5

Here is a link to the VEFR-1 :

http://www.mahq.net/mecha/macross/sdfmacross/vefr-1.htm

Here is some info on this: VEFR-1: Two-seater version with detection and electronic equipment for reconnaissance, ECM, and ECCM missions. This version includes a rotary overhead radome, electronic surveillance pod mounted on the arm, detection equipment in the wing, and retractable detectors in lieu of hands.

VEFR-1 Electronic Warfare and Reconnaissance variant; VF-1F dedicated Electronic Warfare variant; VF-1B updated Valkyrie (VF-1A with a VF-1S's head; Macross only)

I think this kit can be made, the hands, wing , maybe head are different. Any ideas on who to ask if they would make this?

Also can one of you guys make a poll, as I don't know how to yet, maybe we might be able to get some people into it.

Yeah I would have loved to get a AJAC and the ATAC hover tank

Thanks Promethuem5

Here is a link to the VEFR-1 :

http://www.mahq.net/mecha/macross/sdfmacross/vefr-1.htm

Here is some info on this: VEFR-1: Two-seater version with detection and electronic equipment for reconnaissance, ECM, and ECCM missions. This version includes a rotary overhead radome, electronic surveillance pod mounted on the arm, detection equipment in the wing, and retractable detectors in lieu of hands.

VEFR-1 Electronic Warfare and Reconnaissance variant; VF-1F dedicated Electronic Warfare variant; VF-1B updated Valkyrie (VF-1A with a VF-1S's head; Macross only)

I think this kit can be made, the hands, wing , maybe head are different. Any ideas on who to ask if they would make this?

Also can one of you guys make a poll, as I don't know how to yet, maybe we might be able to get some people into it.

Yeah I would have loved to get a AJAC and the ATAC hover tank

Welcome to Macrossworld. :) Just to stick my nose in, I believe some of the cautioning against the Robotech (besides the usual Macrossworld loathing of it)stuff is that no one will "make" a kit with anything that Harmony Gold has a license to, because they will get sued. As far as Macross stuff, well there's much debate on how much of a hold Harmony Gold has on things that are MACROSS. Hope this helps.

Thanks wicked ace for educating me on the harmony gold deal, to bad we couldn't go over to where they are and kick the A$$ and tell them to let the macross world be free and make whatever kits they want...lol J/K.

I made my first poll, it seem okay, hopefully I can get a good response. Hey I am a cleveland browns fan and man let me tell you, it tough, so hopefully my macross idea does better than the brown's did last year. I am truley understanding why they call cleveland the, "mistake on the lake"...lol

Edited by BROWNSFAN72

Thanks wicked ace for educating me on the harmony gold deal, to bad we couldn't go over to where they are and kick the A$$ and tell them to let the macross world be free and make whatever kits they want...lol J/K.

I made my first poll, it seem okay, hopefully I can get a good response. Hey I am a cleveland browns fan and man let me tell you, it tough, so hopefully my macross idea does better than the brown's did last year. I am truley understanding why they call cleveland the, "mistake on the lake"...lol

Hey, no problem. BTW, using the Southern Cross and Mospeada names for the pieces will be a lot more tolerable to other members (and Harmony Gold's lawyers). ;)

• 12 years later...
On ‎2005‎/‎05‎/‎08 at 11:23 PM, AlphaHX said:

Welcome to the MW...

As Phyrox said, unfortunately, we dont get to choose kits like that. We cant say we want so and so and voila, someone comes in and builds it for us. Theres usually an interest check by the model builder themselves and if theres interested, then its built.

Also as Grayson72 said, most of those are Southern Cross and Mospeada units. A model builder here has gotten in trouble before making a "Robotech" unit. So I'll doubt seeing any of those being made anytime soon. As for your Macross requests:

Variable kits are very hard and difficult to design. It'll be very costly and it would need a lot of interest for it to be made. Being that the VEFR-1 isnt one of the main valks, interest might be scarce.

I would love to see better destroids myself... hopefully a modeler will be willing to take that job one day.

Line 5 seems quite arbitrary and silly to me.

11 hours ago, Podtastic said:

Line 5 seems quite arbitrary and silly to me.

Not sure which Line 5 you're referring to. :unknw:

This? Since this is the one you 'quote'.

On 5/8/2005 at 2:23 PM, AlphaHX said:

Welcome to the MW...

Or this Line 5 from the OP?

On 5/8/2005 at 10:44 AM, BROWNSFAN72 said:

Hello everyone, I have been reading and following this forum for a while and figured out I would join and put in my idea's.

I have seen alot of the kits being made in the 1/72 scale and it has given me a wish list, here goes, hopefully there will be a interest and some of the builders might pick up on this:

3. 1/72 Veritech Armored Jet Attack Copter

4. 1/72 ATAC Variable Combat Hovertank, ATAC Variable Anti-Aircraft HoverTank, ATAC Variable Quick-Strike HoverTank

5. 1/72 Alpha/Beta fighter/battloid - more detail

6. 1/72 Cyclone figure with armor

7. 1/72 bioroid set up

8. 1/72 invid scout ship.

Just some of the kits I wouldn't mind seeing built, I am new to this, how does a project like this start? Is there anyone on this forum that would be willing to help?

1 hour ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Almost as silly as resurrecting a 12 year old thread :lol:

I think I'm more sillier for figuring out which Line 5 he's referring to. :pardon:

13 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Not sure which Line 5 you're referring to. :unknw:

This? Since this is the one you 'quote'.

Or this Line 5 from the OP?

I think I'm more sillier for figuring out which Line 5 he's referring to. :pardon:

No I was referring to the line about someone getting into "trouble" for making a "Robotech" unit. I mean I know this is a Macross site but that almost sounds as if people cant enter into private arrangements to commission whatever models they want with model builders they might meet on the site. I understand not having a thread about it here or something.

Why the fuss about a "Robotech" unit anyway? Sentinels aside, a "Robotech" unit is only a Mospeada or Southern Cross or Macross unit anyway. A Bioroid by any other name is still a Bioroid.:huh:

^ because HG.

On 5/9/2005 at 1:39 PM, Wicked Ace said:

Welcome to Macrossworld. :) Just to stick my nose in, I believe some of the cautioning against the Robotech (besides the usual Macrossworld loathing of it)stuff is that no one will "make" a kit with anything that Harmony Gold has a license to, because they will get sued. As far as Macross stuff, well there's much debate on how much of a hold Harmony Gold has on things that are MACROSS. Hope this helps.