OTAKON 2005

Just thought I would throw this out there for the East Coast MW members, or those that have been to Otakon previously.

August 19 - August 21, 2005

Baltimore Convention Center

Baltimore, MD

PRE-REG is up, and...

This year, they have ONLINE PRE-REG!.

Act now if you plan on going, they are capping attendance this year at 22000!.

Otakon Pre-Reg

I'll be there again, on staff. Panels staff scheduling hasn't gone out yet (usually that's done the day before or even the morning before Otakon starts), but I'll try my hardest to again be assigned to the Macross panel this year. Failing that, I'll make sure I'm at least off duty while the panel's going on.

dragonmaster lou,

did you know we were selected for a panel before we did? if so,thanks for any & all help you gave us man.your cool-otakon-liason-guy. B))

• 3 weeks later...

I can't wait for Otakon this year, its gonna rock. I am definately looking forward to being a part of the panel again. Its been soo much fun for the two years we have done it, I gotta imagaine this years going to be just as intense! The Macross community was so supportive (especially last year) and we were able to pack the house.

Hey guys! I have registered and will plan on being there on Friday definitely and possibly Saturday and Sunday. Hoping I can finally meet some of you guys this time around. Just keep a look out for the large overweight guy wearing a Gunbuster or some kind of USMC shirt.

dragonmaster lou,

did you know we were selected for a panel before we did? if so,thanks for any & all help you gave us man.your cool-otakon-liason-guy. B))

Depends on how soon you found out... :) I'm actually not involved with panel scheduling/selection/etc. right now -- I usually don't know about the panels until I get to the con. However, the head of panels has asked me to help her out somewhat this year, so I am getting a little early notification every so often.

• 4 weeks later...

This year I'm hoping to make it up there. I'd like to go for once.

Edited by Anubis

• 4 weeks later...
You didn't think you would start a panel without me, didja?!

Will be there, red VF-1X necklace and all.

310881[/snapback]

LOL, yeah, don't miss the panel this year, it's gonna ROCK!. Lots of toys and stuff to show off, pics from MWCon, AV eye candy, etc etc etc.

Don't know the day or time yet, but it's gonna rock nonetheless.

well,we have to wait till they assign us a slot.doesn't seem like the panelists get to much say on their timeslot,at least not the small fries.i'm just happy we get to do it again this year,so ANY slot is fine with me.we'll tell you guys ASAP soon as we hear,so you can arrange to be there for us.

Lets hope we get a good slot again this year. Last year having it on Friday just rocked

Hmmmm... I just realized I was asking for a good slot. There's so many slots you won't know where to begin :)

(Only really funny if you have seen Beavis and Butthead Do America)

well,we have to wait till they assign us a slot.doesn't seem like the panelists get to much say on their timeslot,at least not the small fries.i'm just happy we get to do it again this year,so ANY slot is fine with me.we'll tell you guys ASAP soon as we hear,so you can arrange to be there for us.

311523[/snapback]

• 2 weeks later...