Eureka 7

Aegis!

Now that I've finally watched it...

It didn't make a lot of sense there at the end...at all. Perhaps it's a symptom of the sub. I'm gonna have to rewatch it. Otherwise I quite liked it.

I guess eureka kind of sacrificed her memory to keep Renton alive...which kinda fits into that who memories speech Anemone gave I think...

Also I liked the idea of recasting of the gekko as more of anti villains instead of anti heroes...except for poor Hap, cause I really liked him in the TV series

Like the second half of the TV series, it doesn't make much sense. The strength of the show was always the relationship between Eureka and Renton, not the cliche convoluted story they are trying to tell (which they never bother to ever explain or pay off at the end of the show or the movie).

Edited by Duke Togo

ok WTF

I didnt have any subs

So everyone is trying to kill everyone

WTF

I dont like the movie.

I like the friendships that Renton creates not him trying to kill everyone

So the aliens leave and everyone dies in Novas Flood. ?????? I swear the japanese are just wierd in their story telling

And the nirvash is nothing more than a stuffed pizza doboy

Edited by nugundamII

some pics from the shizuoka hobby show.

While I am a big fan of the Nirvash I will not buy a part former again. I have the original release and lost some small parts. These toys really Really need the soc treatment or at least give them the SOC DX/Spec treatment. They are after all kawamori designs

Watched 40 min of the movie, total crap so far. WTF were the creators thinking??? I might not even watch the rest b/c it's so crappy and makes no sense. Even knowing the original story already does nothing to help me understand the garbage I'm watching.

Im feeling the same thing. Im trying to find a subbed version but from what I saw no subs could justify Renton and Holland trying to kill the poo of each other!!!!!!!!

and how hap and stoner attack Eureka and hap shooting Renton is soooooooo out of character. I didnt appreciate them being squashed by Nirvash.

Everything was so backwards

and Nirvash being Rentons pet marshmellow stuffy like what was going on

Jeez

Edited by nugundamII

The subs don't make it any better, don't bother chasing another download.

I disagree, if you can empty your head of the TV show and just accept this as something new then it's enjoyable.

I agree it ends rather flatly but I still enjoyed it.

I disagree, if you can empty your head of the TV show and just accept this as something new then it's enjoyable.

I agree it ends rather flatly but I still enjoyed it.

The problem I have with it is the same problem I had with the TV show: its too convoluted for its own good, and they never bother to explain just what really is going on. The strength of the series was that relationship, and the movie just doesn't have it. One could argue that the second half of the TV series is just as flat.

Besides, how can one forget the TV series when the movie isn't a re-imaging, its a prequel?

i liked it... after re-watching it, i at least appreciated the fact that they did an "alternate reality spin-off" (at least that's how i see it) instead of just a re-telling w/ rehashed footage just like the first GL movie.

other impressions: (SPOILER)

-

amusing that they used the term "Megaroad"

:)... Dragoon/Fangs being sported by movie Nirvash final form :)... and "Hammer-of-God" smells a lot like Memento Mori :)

(just like eugimon mentioned)

-

minimal screen time for the 3 brats,

yay!

-

no sign of Nirvash Type TheEND except in "fairy" form... there's just a lot of things i don't like about its design, starting w/ it's oversized crotch

:p. guess i won't be getting one, though i wish i had a black baby Nirvash to recreate that fight scene near the end ;D.

-

lots of Devilfish!!! exclusively used by Holland in the movie. even sported a "Super Pack" near the end. can't wait for the RD Devilfish to come out. though, i smell a "limited exclusive" Super Pack...

-

and did i mention long-haired Eureka is a Hottie...

:wub:

:wub:

3693741728_e886358c3c_o.jpg

Edited by m0n5t3r

The problem I have with it is the same problem I had with the TV show: its too convoluted for its own good, and they never bother to explain just what really is going on. The strength of the series was that relationship, and the movie just doesn't have it. One could argue that the second half of the TV series is just as flat.

Besides, how can one forget the TV series when the movie isn't a re-imaging, its a prequel?

how is it a prequel?

At best I think you can get away with the TV show is actually the "legend" version of the events of the movie.

how is it a prequel?

Am I the only one who got this? Did you all forget the planet in the original show was Earth, thousands of years into the future after humanity had abandoned due to the "invasion", only to come back and repopulate it, not knowing it was actually Earth? The story takes place on our Earth, as we know it, the Earth of the original series' past.

Am I the only one who got this? Did you all forget the planet in the original show was Earth, thousands of years into the future after humanity had abandoned due to the "invasion", only to come back and repopulate it, not knowing it was actually Earth? The story takes place on our Earth, as we know it, the Earth of the original series' past.

Oh, you mean in that sense... gotcha. I thought you meant it was a prequel to the *story* told in the TV show.

Oh, you mean in that sense... gotcha. I thought you meant it was a prequel to the *story* told in the TV show.

In a way, it is. A direct prequel or not, I think its pretty clear. All very "It has all happened before, and will happen again."

In a way, it is. A direct prequel or not, I think its pretty clear. All very "It has all happened before, and will happen again."

Well, yeah. But another way to look at it is that either version is the "legend" of the actual events or a'la kawamori there is no true version.

Anyways, I liked it.

For me the backbone of the show has always been renton and eureka's relationship and I thought the movie did a good job of exploring a different aspect of it from show, how they truly hold on to each other with or without the support of the people around them.

I was watching it last night and i got a sleepy with it. Must've been tired. Will try to continue later. I had trouble making out what was going on in the world, probably due to me trying to draw parallels with the TV series and making out what was different and what was same.

I went to bed early last night. XD

if it's a prequel then after the movie they're supposed to leave earth, stay frozen for a few thousand years and come back to play the roles they did in the TV series?

well, anyways, i just really like the characters, so it was fun to watch for me, i'll probably watch it again later :) ... and after Nirvash's Spec2 transformation/upgrade i stopped thinking about what happened in the series. i even liked the ending... or was i just distracted by Eureka's hotness. :)

Yeah...I understand the prequel point of view...

But I don't think that's the case...the universe wouldn't be self consistent, with several locations being present in both when the TV series would have had anything on the planets surface buried beneath the Scub.

if it's a prequel then after the movie they're supposed to leave earth, stay frozen for a few thousand years and come back to play the roles they did in the TV series?

well, anyways, i just really like the characters, so it was fun to watch for me, i'll probably watch it again later :) ... and after Nirvash's Spec2 transformation/upgrade i stopped thinking about what happened in the series. i even liked the ending... or was i just distracted by Eureka's hotness. :)

It's not really a direct prequel. There's quite a few changes to the character's back stories. How Renton and Eureka meet in the movie is completely different from their TV meeting and pretty much everything else. There's two ways it's presented in the movie... one is that Renton and Eureka and the rest are somehow legendary beings that are destined to repeat their story/destiny in the far future as chronicled by the TV show.

The other is that their story becomes legendary as what's her name talks about having to write down the events... so the TV show could be seen as the mythic retelling of the actual story, kinda like the legend of King Arthur and other mythic figures based on historical fact.

I don't really care either way. I enjoyed the movie for what it is. It's pretty much to Eureka 7 what the Escaflowne movie was to the Escaflowne TV show, imo.

one is that Renton and Eureka and the rest are somehow legendary beings that are destined to repeat their story/destiny in the far future as chronicled by the TV show.

That's the premise I am doing by.

It's not really a direct prequel. There's quite a few changes to the character's back stories. How Renton and Eureka meet in the movie is completely different from their TV meeting and pretty much everything else. There's two ways it's presented in the movie... one is that Renton and Eureka and the rest are somehow legendary beings that are destined to repeat their story/destiny in the far future as chronicled by the TV show.

The other is that their story becomes legendary as what's her name talks about having to write down the events... so the TV show could be seen as the mythic retelling of the actual story, kinda like the legend of King Arthur and other mythic figures based on historical fact.

I don't really care either way. I enjoyed the movie for what it is. It's pretty much to Eureka 7 what the Escaflowne movie was to the Escaflowne TV show, imo.

The Escaflowne movie sucked so much in my opinion, I bailed right after I saw Escaflone bleeding. I prefer the Vision of Escaflone TV series.

This show makes my head hurt badly.

I have to rewatch the tv series if i want to get it but generally i feel this is not quite a direct prequel but rather an alternate parallel universe. The general theme of the movie was for people to make their own dreams, write their own stories and to be released from the shackles of fate. E7 feels like a story that learns from itself and re-writes itself when it learns from its mistakes. Some bad decisions were done in the movie so things don't play out well for the planet....but because of these mistakes, the TV series universe was born in an attempt to correct those mistakes which eventually ends with a generally happy ending. Literally a psalm of planet? Maybe the whole "myth system" is just a simulation run by the Image/Corallians to find a possible path to peace with the humans.

Renton rejected

instrumentality the myth and decided that he will go make his own with Eureka. This results in Renton selfishly putting himself and Eureka into Neverland but at the cost of the outside world suffering heavy casualties and Eureka herself losing her memory. This was one of the mythos where the legends of Eureka and Renton generally failed to be saviours of mankind....they probably failed many times only to succeed in the TV series. The Ageha myth as Cup mentioned mentions the girl to have wings, which Eureka from Movie doesn't have but Eureka from TV has. Other parallels i can draw between movie and TV:

- Old lady Coda was left with an empty "naked lady" book for her to chronicle the current existing world in the movie. I believe this will be known as the Golden Bough in the TV series and will eventually lead our heroes to a happier ending.

- The scene with The brats with old grandpa thurston was a scene direct from E7 TV. I wonder if this happened in TV universe or Movie universe. I assume it happened in TV series to show that Renton and Eureka finally released mankind from its fate of self-destruction after failing many times.

- Dominic and Anemone achieved their dream, which is to remain at each other's side forever. This will happen in the TV series...just not quite the way they want.....

- Holland does not trust Renton in the movie and goes all out to stop him from "stealing his dream". The story rewrites itself in the TV series so Holland is more trusting for Renton and supports Renton and Eureka's love for each other.

I don't get what's the space ship that looks kinda like a fish in the end flying towards Eureka and Renton. What's that supposed to be? The megaroad? What's its significance in that scene?

lol, i was being a bit sarcastic. :lol:

i think i'll stick w/ the "just take it as it is and forget what you saw in the TV series" POV. that way i can enjoy and appreciate it more. :)

Some bad decisions were done in the movie so things don't play out well for the planet....but because of these mistakes, the TV series universe was born in an attempt to correct those mistakes which eventually ends with a generally happy ending. Literally a psalm

But I wouldn't necessarily call the movie's end a bad end, even compared to the TV series. A great number of people died in E7 because of Dewy's dropping bombs on the scub to spawn those sphere things and when the debris from the beam gun came raining down it took out most of the tower cities.

Personally, I would hesitate to even call the characters the same people between the movie and the series.

Same looks, same voice, but different motivations, backgrounds and personalities. (though Renton and Eureka's love story remains similar to some degree...both characters are actually very different from the TV series counterpart)

I think the movie is best though of as a different story carrying the same meaning. I wouldn't even call it a retelling. It's just based on the same premise, theme and message.

But I wouldn't necessarily call the movie's end a bad end, even compared to the TV series. A great number of people died in E7 because of Dewy's dropping bombs on the scub to spawn those sphere things and when the debris from the beam gun came raining down it took out most of the tower cities.

Personally, I would hesitate to even call the characters the same people between the movie and the series.

Same looks, same voice, but different motivations, backgrounds and personalities. (though Renton and Eureka's love story remains similar to some degree...both characters are actually very different from the TV series counterpart)

I think the movie is best though of as a different story carrying the same meaning. I wouldn't even call it a retelling. It's just based on the same premise, theme and message.

Its a bad end in a sense that the humans resorted to violence and ultimately destroyed the "aliens".

In the end of the TV series, peace was achieved and the Coral acted as if they knew all the moves the humans will make. Ultimately coexistence was possible in the TV universe.

Just out of curiousity, but were Charles and Ray Beams in this movie in some sort of fashion?

P.S.--Hey m0n5t3r, how's the transformation process on that Nirvash figure? Does it require parts swapping, or is the transformation fairly self-contained?

Edited by Mog

Just out of curiousity, but were Charles and Ray Beams in this movie in some sort of fashion?

Well....their trademark blue and red KLFs were attacking the Gecko Go in one scene but they never animated who were piloting those KLFs.