Eureka 7

Aegis!

• 4 weeks later...

Synopsis is out:

From ANN: http://bit.ly/AmjtaS

Synopsis:

The story is set on Okinawa's isolated island of Iwado, which has seen a growing movement advocating a return to an autonomous government. Ao Fukai, a 13-year-old boy with a missing father, lives on the island with an old doctor named Toshio and is about to enter middle school. Ao's mother was taken away a decade ago by unknown individuals. Naru Arata, Ao's 13-year-old childhood friend and the story's heroine, lives with her father, older sister, and grandmother. She has a "Yuta" power awakened within her due to an incident when she was young.

A mysterious entity called "Secret" suddenly appears and launches an attack on the Scub Coral lifeform on the island. In his fervent desire to protect the island, Ao launches a certain military FP called "Nirvash" aboard a Japanese military transport.

Not sure if this is a prequel, sequel, or alternate reality since as of the events of Eureka 7, there was no Japan or Okinawa.....or any country from the present world for that matter.

Synopsis is out:

From ANN: http://bit.ly/AmjtaS

Not sure if this is a prequel, sequel, or alternate reality since as of the events of Eureka 7, there was no Japan or Okinawa.....or any country from the present world for that matter.

Probably an alternate story since it doesn't quite mesh with the little pre-history we got with the first series, or the alternate/possible prequal take of the movie. Still fuzzy on the movie actually since it had Renton's sig on the moon.

It could possibly be a sequal though, since the scub coral that everyone was living on and thought was the surface left, leaving the Earth underneath it restored. But alternate story seems to be the simplest answer.

Probably an alternate story since it doesn't quite mesh with the little pre-history we got with the first series, or the alternate/possible prequal take of the movie. Still fuzzy on the movie actually since it had Renton's sig on the moon.

It could possibly be a sequal though, since the scub coral that everyone was living on and thought was the surface left, leaving the Earth underneath it restored. But alternate story seems to be the simplest answer.

It doesnt quite fit with Renton and Eureka's world does it so I guess you're right and we're getting an alternate story. Still wouldn't be surprised if there's some sort of cameo from the original series.

Why the heck can't they just do a straight sequel!?!

It's actually rather common for sequels in anime not to be "direct' sequels. It's only when there's pre-existing material to be followed (manga) or when it's the same production team (writer, director and so on) that they turn out to be straight sequels. I guess the makers like being able to move freely in any narrative direction and not be constrained by the previous story.

I really liked the original anime, and even the movie that followed. But I feel like it's jumping around too much to keep watching. It's like haveing a new Spiderman, only to redo him a few years later with a 'restart.' And the Hulk. And Superman. Either that, or make an entirely new story rather than clothe it in the raiments of a better 'prequel.'

Honestly I like Eureka Seven but there were times in the middle it felt like it dragged a bit and developing character seemed a bit kinda long. Holland is cool but then he gets all gugnho an hates Renton then he accepts him( dude seemed weird they would angle it different and make it look like he was macking on a younger chick) but well the change in character makes sense it was how they got there that seemed too again preachy just do it and give clues or obvious symbolism it feels too explained at times. Again I like it but when you have these little areas of story that kinda seemed taked on it just feels like the original writer bailed because of creative differences. I s it me or is anything Shoji Kawamori done always involve The main character leaving a loved one for what ever the reason? I really think that happens a bit too much in his work. For example Aquarion, Escaflowne, Macross, and ( even if he is only losely connected) Eureka Seven. Sorry ranted a bit. Anyway liked it wished they delved a bit more into the story and i will look at the movie sounds good.

• 2 weeks later...

English translations of the new Eureka AO manga are online now: http://mangastream.c...n_ao/71451535/1

Based on the limited hints shown, it looks like the new kid is Eureka's son(?!)

So, where the hell is Renton? And what happened with Eureka?

And why aren't the three adopted "brats" keeping an eye out on their step-bro'?

What about Holland and Talho's child? Will he/she make an appearance?

Damn, looks like I'm intrigued enough to get sucked into another story.

English translations of the new Eureka AO manga are online now: http://mangastream.c...n_ao/71451535/1

Based on the limited hints shown, it looks like the new kid is Eureka's son(?!)

So, where the hell is Renton? And what happened with Eureka?

And why aren't the three adopted "brats" keeping an eye out on their step-bro'?

What about Holland and Talho's child? Will he/she make an appearance?

Damn, looks like I'm intrigued enough to get sucked into another story.

Is the anime going to be based on this manga? Or are they running concurrently?

In any case the boy surely does look like he could be a Renton/Eureka kid. And the Naru character design definitely reminds me a lot of Talho.

Then again maybe that doesn't mean anything.

• 7 years later...
4 hours ago, hachi said:

Feels like Gundam not Eureka 7 lol

Agreed.  Hope it isn't all grimdark, though the first series to have lots of grimdark moments, it balanced it out well with humor and light hearted character development moments.

28 minutes ago, Mog said:

I just hope they got the original Eureka Seven writers for this, because “Eureka Seven:  Ao” was an utter, horrible clusterfrak. :bad:

I heard that about AO and haven't wanted to sully my memory of E7 by watchin AO. I'm also worried this will try something weird like that.

Ao started promising enough.

But then the story went to hell, characters changed allegiances randomly, plot mysteries were cast aside or turned out to be nothing.

And worst of all, they totally screwed up Renton’s character and made no mention AT ALL about Renton and Eureka’s adopted kiddos.

Yep, it was definitely that bad.

17 hours ago, Mog said:

And worst of all, they totally screwed up Renton’s character and made no mention AT ALL about Renton and Eureka’s adopted kiddos.

Expectations of continuity or character consistency should be tempered with the knowledge that both the films and the AO series are explicitly set in an "alternate universe" that has no bearing on the events of the original Eureka Seven.  They're no more canon than DYRL or Macross II.

1). It would be nice if we got an actual sequel anime series set in the original E7 universe.

Doesn’t have to be the same characters or “child of” characters.  But something akin to how Macross + and Frontier are all set in the same continuity as SDF Macross.

2). Even if we accept that the Renton and Eureka of AO are not “our” Renton and Eureka, my arguments against Ao still stand.  

The new characters (and their traits and allegiances) got changed around solely because of plot.  Storylines got dropped.  One character gets ignored for almost half the time, then suddenly becomes the “bad guy” for no clear reason.

I’ve heard stories of the original writer leaving during Ao’s production.  And it shows in how the series unfolds.

Just got seriously and thoroughly disappointed and frustrated with how the Ao series turned out.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

After seeing the embedded videos and reading a little of the synopsis. . . :wacko::unknw:

. . . I think I’m gonna stick with the original series and then “head canon” it that Renton and Eureka went back to their adopted kids at the end.

Probably easier this way and won’t give my brain a raging headache.

I remember watching the whole original series but I can't remember a thing about the story. All I know is the Eureka girl had a good design. The show had sky surfing robots. And the ship which I believe was called the Gekko was cool. Other than that I remember nothing.

I'll check wiki but from those new clips I don't think I'm going to watch this one even though the animation looks cool.