Stickers for 1/3000 SDF-1 preview

takatoys

Also on ebay is a guy selling 3D reprints of the usual broken bits, arms, cannons, and the like.  If you can pick up a broken one cheap and don't mind painting, it's not a bad deal.  I considered it, but I found one with an unused sticker sheet for $150.  If anyone wants, I can scan it and post it here as an image.  I was planning on just painting them on.

1 hour ago, Pontus said:

Also on ebay is a guy selling 3D reprints of the usual broken bits, arms, cannons, and the like.  If you can pick up a broken one cheap and don't mind painting, it's not a bad deal.  I considered it, but I found one with an unused sticker sheet for $150.  If anyone wants, I can scan it and post it here as an image.  I was planning on just painting them on.

i picked up a broken one for $80. fixed it....it has the stickers on it. for the most part not much yellowing, but i also got one that looks like it was just born without stickers. im trying to figure out how they would make the sticker sheet with the shapes of the stickers ready to peel off. aside from that im working on photoshopping a clean copy of the box to get printed out so i can have a perfect looking box. 

2 hours ago, Pontus said:

If your gonna scan it, put it in this thread for future reference. Just label the scale, company and model. Also the higher the DPI the better.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/45147-decals-library/

Hey! Just so this post, I have not been around on the forum for quite some time.

Seems there is some interest for a SDF-1 sticker reissue . I will give it a shot and hope to find the best material for this. Give me a week to see if It’s possible.

I never applied the stickers to mine, they're probably still in the box which is tucked away in a closet somewhere. I could scan those in. I could also potentially turn them in to custom stickers, but I'd have to seriously look at how much time that would take.

i believe the stickers are clear, how would they do that at a print store? would they be able to eliminate the yellowish background like a green screen? and im guessing we would have to cut them individually....man if there was a way to have that set i think you could bank on it because theres so many without stickers, peeling stickers, plus just to have a "spare" set would probably increase the value. 

7 hours ago, tvd1974 said:

i believe the stickers are clear, how would they do that at a print store? would they be able to eliminate the yellowish background like a green screen? and im guessing we would have to cut them individually....man if there was a way to have that set i think you could bank on it because theres so many without stickers, peeling stickers, plus just to have a "spare" set would probably increase the value. 

I'd print them myself, with white-backed designs on clear film. I've been making waterslide decals and stickers for Macross collectors and customizers for the past 17 years. :D

On 7/26/2019 at 6:27 PM, Lolicon said:

Ohhh I'd be very interested in a set of such decals. My SDF-1 has yellowed over the years and I've been kicking around the idea of repainting her, but had no way of replacing the old and peeling stickers.

I came across a video on youtube where this guy uses this product from Sallys Beauty and a UV light to return his plastic to original color. He tests it out on some old computers and it works brilliantly. I got a cheap SDF-1 off ebay that is very yellow and ive been looking at trying to either restore her or use her in a diorama back to back with a clean SDF-1 to represent the SDF-1 and 2 at the end of Macross Saga. 

Heres the video link if interested: 

I've looked into this a bit.  The hydrogen peroxide ends up being a surface treatment.  People claim that it does reduce the brittleness of the plastic in addition to the whitening.  There are ways to get the bromine entirely out of the plastic, but that requires Chemistry Lab equipment and chemicals.  There are several threads about this and you can go too far and burn the plastic as one Macross World member did.

On 7/28/2019 at 9:36 AM, tvd1974 said:

I came across a video on youtube where this guy uses this product from Sallys Beauty and a UV light to return his plastic to original color. He tests it out on some old computers and it works brilliantly. I got a cheap SDF-1 off ebay that is very yellow and ive been looking at trying to either restore her or use her in a diorama back to back with a clean SDF-1 to represent the SDF-1 and 2 at the end of Macross Saga. 

Heres the video link if interested: 

Oh, I was intending to take her apart and completely repaint her from bow to stern. Most of stickers them are yellowed and peeling and are of random markings I can do without anyway. 

But I do need some of them, like the bow of the Daedalus and the "101" on the Prometheus deck, among others. 

15 minutes ago, takatoys said:

After a long hibernation, I managed to make a new sheet of SDF-1 stickers for the 1/3000 toy. It has almost all the marks to redecorate your old toy. It will go for US$10 shipped. 

9F7C9839-D812-49D5-9ACD-C63E81DFC140.jpeg

I'm in for one. You are a god among men. :good:

On 8/3/2019 at 12:28 PM, takatoys said:

After a long hibernation, I managed to make a new sheet of SDF-1 stickers for the 1/3000 toy. It has almost all the marks to redecorate your old toy. It will go for US$10 shipped. 

9F7C9839-D812-49D5-9ACD-C63E81DFC140.jpeg

You accept PayPal?

• 1 month later...