1/72 Launch Arm for Hasagawa kits

Gundamhead

Update - Jesse is burried! Kids birthdays, mothers day, baby showers (3 of them! ) sick kids, 3 upgrades going on at work, 3 of the last weeks with me on the road (NY, New Orleans, LA) = Jesse is the holdup! :(

Sorry guys. I told Gundamhead I would probably need a month to get to this...and thats probably accurate. I would guess that I should have an update in about 2 or 3 weeks when my life normalizes. I have the supplies...and have laid everything out...just no free time. :unsure:

Ahhh! My wallet breathes a sigh of relief! :lol:

I'm really excited about this kit, but I don't mind waiting. ;)

When will you be in NY? What part of NY? I'm in the city during the work week. If you NEED to know about beer joints, or NY Hooters let me know! ;)

Im in Manhatten (34th or 66th) usually twice a month. Ill be there Monday Wednesday and probably Thursday next week. Might have some time on Thursday or sometime for lunch if people want.

Update - Jesse is burried! Kids birthdays, mothers day, baby showers (3 of them! ) sick kids, 3 upgrades going on at work, 3 of the last weeks with me on the road (NY, New Orleans, LA) = Jesse is the holdup! :(

Sorry guys. I told Gundamhead I would probably need a month to get to this...and thats probably accurate. I would guess that I should have an update in about 2 or 3 weeks when my life normalizes. I have the supplies...and have laid everything out...just no free time. :unsure:

A month! my model closet can't wait that long for another box :lol:

We are looking at $65.  Thats not bad considering the original was around $100 at WF (and much more outside of it)  What drove up the price is Joe went crazy with parts.  The original was so spartan it didn't include any panel lines or even the bare pistons clearly shown even in their sales mockup.  (they just expected you to scratch build everything)  Joes has tiny pistons for each finger, and every other detail...but its over 50 pieces and the base is MASSIVE!  Youll see when I take some pics.  Frankly, it's a deal at $65...and only around for a while... :)

Hey Jessee, I'm interested but have 1 question: Are you gonna put wires inside the arm resin parts to avoid sagging?

Thanks! :)

Yep...all the weight bearing or thin parts will have metal rods embedded in them. Its another thing that raises the cost, but it's necessary for a lot of the kit.

Schweet! B))

Put me down for 2. :D

aw man, ya guys are making me nostalgic. My first apartment was on 96th and Columbus, then to 11th and Third Ave, then to Grammercy Park (19th and Irving Place). Now I'm in Chicago... in the burbs... minivan, lawnmower, 3 kids, the whole burbs shabang.

I never knew you were a New Yorker. Small world! :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ha! my suspicions have been confirmed!

Just kidding, hey we all have lives and more important things than this little hobby of ours so don't beat yourself up over it.

News is...Im a wanker...and a loser...sorry...just swamped...bought a pool..kids in camp...big meetings this month at work...all crazy.  Ill try and get the molds going next week.

310939[/snapback]

Yay! Jesse...

Totally understandable... life! what a distraction from Macross!! :D

Glad to hear things are still on - rather wait a bit longer to have it done properly than have it rushed through half-assed.

I'm so looking forward to this...

Take care.

Yay! Jesse...

Totally understandable... life! what a distraction from Macross!! :D

Glad to hear things are still on - rather wait a bit longer to have it done properly than have it rushed through half-assed.

I'm so looking forward to this...

Take care.

311026[/snapback]

That is a good point...if people will except 1/2 assed I can start shipping bent coat hanger rods and tupperware lids tomorrow! :rolleyes::p

Seriousley...thanks all for your patience. Gundamhead, especially, did a lot of work on this and I know would love to see it done. I just bit off more then I could chew and got burned.

Hi There! Can you put me down for 1 set please!

311244[/snapback]

Gundamhead will start making an order list soon. I want to get the molds done, and then we will start getting them going. I go on vacation the middle of August, so I am thinking Ill try and get the kit ready before I go...then Joe can organize orders and when I get back we will start getting them out.

• 1 month later...

If you've got any room for another order...... please put me down for one. I promised myself I wouldn't sign up for anything else until I shelled out the dough for that big Monster..... but then again, I am a junkie. Just can't beat the habit, especially when that eye candy is sooooo tempting.