Transformers Energon Megatron

eriku

Looks pretty shibby, especially for an Energon figure. I dig the resemblance to a certain Decepticon of yesteryear, I just hope the colors are as similar. I'd also like to see what his vehicle mode looks like...

So, who wants to take a stab at Photoshopping this guy in his G1 colors? B)

post-26-1064296575_thumb.jpg

Edited by eriku

I hope there are a few modifications in mind for him (new face, a piviot point to fold the wings back), that one could have great potential to suck...

Hopefully those big hinges that are visible mean the wings can be folded back. And as for the face...well, it's hard to get much detail from that picture but it almost looks like he's got sort of an Angelina Jolie thing going on... :blink:

....but it almost looks like he's got sort of an Angelina Jolie thing going on... :blink:

LOL. Not that there's anything wrong with that. It's funny how many similarities that has with the G1 Galvatron. So? Who's gonna be the first to take a stab at the photochop? B)

maybe it won't suck...

Oh it will suck I wouldn't worry about that........ :lol: . It does look like Galatron though.

I thought they were going to go ahead and name him Galvatron, after his "upgrade."

Doesn't look to poseable. Looks like jet mode is riding on his back, not integrated with the body. Giant wings should rotate back into a cape thing, not just swing back and make this figure a pain to put on a shelf.

Dude, I ask you guys, must he look so much like Galvatron? Sure thats cool, but where is the jet in this figure? Its like a G1 character that strapped on a backpack for a new mode. I'd like to see a re-invented Galvatron, an update. I mean this guy looks like the G1 character too much. That and he looks like a cheapass HK rip off toy. I thought they had designers at hasbro?

articulation is much better than armada megs. initial colors will be microman megs colors. reptina will be g1 galvatron colors. reason being ther ehad to be a megs before galvatron.m designer had no choice.

lik i said better much better articulation then armada megs you cant see it at first.

he wouldnt be b etter if he didnt have kbnees so its a given he can move his thighs and knees.

he is a triple changer and has hidden weapons that we cant see just yet.

wow, megatron as a plane? That's a new one. Well, besides that machine wars one, but this is bigger! Never did picture megatron as a plane. Now he's part of the starscream clan! :p:D:lol:

I've been checking all these "New Design Transformers" for a while now

the Aniv. Prime is the only one that's better than the original

as for the rest...

I would state my opinions about them here, but my choice of words would ban me for life

you like the G1 version of galvy over this? G1 galvy wasn't even close to the cartoon in any mode, this atleast looks like him in robot mode.

Edited by Mr.Sci-Fi

Looks like Optimus wasn't the only one to gain weight!

Well, Galvatron has always been the Tubby Lumpkins of the Transformers world.

Also, Galvatron was in G1. Megatron was brought back for G2, as a tank. Yes, even the post-movie Transformers were a part of G1. That includes the Headmasters and Powermasters. Personally, the only G1 Transformers I really liked where the first run or two,, the Diaclone and Microman toys. The RiD Autobots weren't topo bad. The Trains, the Car Brothers, and Fire Convoy. Really looking forward to the Alternators and the 20th Anniversary Prime, though.

G1 Galvatron? you mean G2 Transformers?

didn't like those futuristic pieces of c*** either

Ultra magnus was ok, the big shuttle whatshisnameagain was cool, the rest blew chunks Bigtime!!!

Transformer toys died after Optimus Prime died in the movie!

G1 stopped with headmasters and target masters, action masters and the mini 5 packs started the next incarnation. In the cartoon it means all the way up to the episode rebirth with the head masters.

This robot mode Galvatron is definetly G1 based.

In advance warning. I hope Hasbro doesn't Go HG over you guys on this pic on this site

but looking at him now he looks like a cross between Slugslinger (targetmaster) and ol Galvy .

On a related note looks like Archer won't be disclosing any more info on future tf lines according to this statement from the 2005boards

Because of a sour grape email from another TFormers site about me posting here to my PR dept. I will NO longer be able to answer or comment on TF's on this or any site. All my comments will now have to come through Hasbro channels from me but through a more formal process.

I am sorry for this, I had a great time helping the fandom with minor issues but it seems that it has taken away from our unified efforts to spread Transformers information out to all at the same time. I realize this means that there will be a larger delay in the true facts getting to you, and that small unique questions will probably not get answered until the summer conventions. For this I am sorry...

I am asking the 2005 board to remove all Orson posts as soon as possible.

Thank you for your support, we have a great year and more ahead of us on this great brand I thank you for your continued interest and support.

Aaron Archer ORSON

thats all kyuz of some idiot who got mad just kuz orson didnt answer his questions.

what the hell he didnt answer almsot most of mine but u dont see me sending a email to hasbro.

this idiot also had the TIME to write a big corporation. what the hell

ironically the sites that bitch and moan also get thei infor from tfw2005.com primarily

so talk about stupid they inadvertently lost their CLOSEST source of info

its sort of like someone hear emailing yamato about graham and macrossworl being grahamless.

Well, that rather blows. Regardless of how much a person loved or hated his work, it was still nice to have the actual toy designer on the boards, answering the questions that he could. I see Orson's World has already been removed.

As for E-Galvy, his picture has already been pulled from several other sites. It seems that this one is a real prototype, instead of the test shots that normally get leaked. Parts of him may be altered before his release.

I've been checking all these "New Design Transformers" for a while now

the Aniv. Prime is the only one that's better than the original

as for the rest...

I would state my opinions about them here, but my choice of words would ban me for life

you like the G1 version of galvy over this? G1 galvy wasn't even close to the cartoon in any mode, this atleast looks like him in robot mode.

Who CARED what he looked like.

He turned into a tank AND a ray gun! With lights! And sound! LIGHTS AND SOUND, MAN!!!

What?

Thats a nice color job, but it still looks like a clunker.

On the Orson thing, who gives a rats ass? Do you really think he was the only person on the Hasbro TF design team? He's made himself into a superstar over there on the MBs. And just saying somebody at the company is a "sour grape" will probably get him removed from working on TFs.

Its better this way. If he had a bunch of fans following him there would be a campagne to keep him in his golden position if Hasbro moved to replace him. Thats not how if should be, I don't like his work and I'd rather see a new guy step up to the plate with a fresh persepctive.

I have serious doubts about his permission offically by Hasbro. If he was to be an offical answer guy he wouldn't of had his real name tossed about so often. Fame doesn't exist is big companies, you could be gone tomorrow, thats why you don't see credit on the back of packaging.

I'm not shedding any tears for this guy turning to vapor. The best info came from leaks and ebay auctions anyway. He's one guy who shouldn't be thought of any more than the people he works with. It takes a lot of talented people to put together a line, not one man, and its pissed me off that people thanked him so often as if he was the Harry Potter of transformer.