Little help...

yellowlightman

Today I was looking over the parts to the non-scale Kaiyodo VF-19S resin kit I bought, and noticed something weird. It looks like on the back of the ankles there are two pieces of flash left, only thing is... they're really big. I'm almost sure these arent on the actual design of the VF-19S, but at the same time I'm not looking forward to sanding all that resin.

Attached are pics... any comments?

post-3-1064295425_thumb.jpg

They're the tailfins. The problem is that Kaiyodo got cheap and/or lazy and molded them to the legs when they should have been seperate parts. And the only way for them to be molded as one piece was to fill in the space behind them.

So to make it accurate, you'll have to seperate the tailfins from the legs, trim off the excess resin from behind them, then glue them back on. Or better yet, just hack em off, then make new ones out of sheet styrene.

Geez tail fins shouldn't be to difficult fabricate out of sheet styrene, as far as getting that thing off don't sand it, buy some cutoff wheels for your Dremel tool. If you don't have one you should get one.