Just arrived.

Chas

My three 1/72 Hase. Kits just arrived this morning (Oh Happy Day! :D ). They are the VF-1S strike, VF-1A super. and the VT-1 all fighter mode. I am planning to do some recasting; right now just the fast-packs of the Strike, and thought I'd see if anyone was looking for any parts from any of these kits and wanted me to cast them for you.

So anybody need parts?

Man... please avoid the "R" word with kits still in production.

Ditto. Thats an easy way to beg Hasegawa not to make anymore kits for Macross fans.

Why are you recasting a kit that costs like... 20 bucks anyways? :blink:

My thoughts exactly! Not to mention Shawn specifically requested we stop the whole recasting thing.

I didn't mean to imply that I'm going to recast the entire kit. I'm sorry if anyone thought that. I am going to make an extra set of fast packs for a custom idea that i've had for a while and I thought that, as has happened with myself on a few occasions someone on the boards may have screwed something up while building one of these kits and been looking for a quick way to get the parts they needed. Or perhaps, like me, they were interested in customizing a kit they already have.

Sorry if posting the offer was a no-no, consider it revoaked.

I didn't mean to imply that I'm going to recast the entire kit. I'm sorry if anyone thought that. I am going to make an extra set of fast packs for a custom idea that i've had for a while and I thought that, as has happened with myself on a few occasions someone on the boards may have screwed something up while building one of these kits and been looking for a quick way to get the parts they needed. Or perhaps, like me, they were interested in customizing a kit they already have.

Sorry if posting the offer was a no-no, consider it revoaked.

Its cool. We just dont like to recast kits that are still in business and are still making making Macross kits. Also we've been kind of overboard on the recasting department. :unsure:

I still think recasting a set of fast packs, modifying them so the are removable and mount on a hcm, and then recasting the finished product would be super cool. I always wanted a hcm seeker :rolleyes:

Well I'm also going to cast some 1/72 scale black polyurethane rubber wheels for my kits. Don't quite have all the details worked out yet but I think it should work out O.K. The only thing I am worried about is the possibility of the poly-rubber wheel compressing too much when everything is assembled, but I think that it is only a very remote possibility at most.

Well I'm also going to cast some 1/72 scale black polyurethane rubber wheels for my kits. Don't quite have all the details worked out yet but I think it should work out O.K. The only thing I am worried about is the possibility of the poly-rubber wheel compressing too much when everything is assembled, but I think that it is only a very remote possibility at most.

IMO, I feel it would be acceptable to offer such parts (1/72 scale black polyurethane rubber wheels), since they would fall in the "aftermarket customizing parts" arena, as opposed to the flat out recasting of existing parts still in production by the manufacturer.

On your first offer, maybe if you modified a Fastpack, adding a 6-barrel gatling gun or some other customization, THEN recast that as a custom add-on part for still available Hase Valk kits, that would be more acceptable. I'm sure such ideas have previously been discussed around here but I missed those discussions, so I don't know how other members feel about such customizing/casting of parts.

Welcome Chas.

LTSO - I agree 100%

In general, scratchbuilt and custom recast = good (this would include add on kits, extra details, etc)

Straight casting = bad.

All that said, model builders often cast something they need when building a model for their own use. I think Chas is offering to supply an extra part or two for someone who has lost a piece, or doesn't know how to cast. Thats a nice offer. Lets not upset Hasegawa recasting their work for sale (not that it would be economically feasible) but I don't imagine they would have a problem with someone enhancing their kits with detail pieces or someone helping a customer stay happy by helping replace a lost piece.

Welcome Chas.

LTSO - I agree 100%

In general, scratchbuilt and custom recast = good (this would include add on kits, extra details, etc)

Straight casting = bad.

All that said, model builders often cast something they need when building a model for their own use. I think Chas is offering to supply an extra part or two for someone who has lost a piece, or doesn't know how to cast. Thats a nice offer. Lets not upset Hasegawa recasting their work for sale (not that it would be economically feasible) but I don't imagine they would have a problem with someone enhancing their kits with detail pieces or someone helping a customer stay happy by helping replace a lost piece.

So Say We All.

Thank -you Jesse - That is exactly what I was offering to do. I completely agree with everything that you all have said here about re-casting.

Anyway, I started to figure out how I'm going to build the mould for these poly-rubber wheels (man they are tiny- I've never had to deal with parts this small before). Should have it finished in a couple of days, I'm building it at work where I cast parts for a living, so I have to do it in fits and spurts between shots for GM and Siemens. I'll let you all know how it goes if anyone is interested in they're progress.

Lets not upset Hasegawa recasting their work for sale (not that it would be economically feasible) but I don't imagine they would have a problem with someone enhancing their kits with detail pieces or someone helping a customer stay happy by helping replace a lost piece.

I agree with your point of view. But I can't helop but finding your suggestion that Hasegawa could be upset by someone recasting their models in the west where they can't even distribute their Macross models very funny :D .

Just figure this: someone in the West wanting to lose money recast the Hase models currently available for just 20$. Then Mr. Hasegawa find that out and then goes mad about it and cancel the whole Macross model line since they cannot get profits from the western sales of their Macross models!! -Oh wait -said Mr. Roboto- we are not making any profit already in the West since we can't sell those models in the wester hemisphere without upsetting certain "powerfull" american corporation that trades with gold or something like that :D

I think that the only one that would be upset in that scenario would be Scott T. Hards from HLJ. :rolleyes:

Hase knows that hlj has a good amount of biz from u.s. While they can't distribute directly here, they know that the U.S. market for their products is very large. Look at the volume on ebay alone. Hase is smarter than that.

To be honest, I don't think the volume of Macross models sold in the West (I'm not talking only of the US) is "very large" in comparisson of what they sold in Japan and the far east as whole market. And it is not even comparable to the volume of real-life aircraft models they sell here in the US (or the West as whole market as well).

Maybe I'm wrong and my closset full of Hase Macross kits is something that affect decissions made in the Hasegawa top manager offices... :)

Maybe this very same Topic is an example of how little the market is here: How many aftermarket products produced in the US you know for the Hase valks?