What is lying on your workbench?

Thanks jardann. Its overseas with me which is why i havnt started restoration yet but it will start as soon as i return to the states in 06 but for now its all up to saving the money. 8grand are set aside for it right now and i just ordered new polyurethane bushings for it.

The Imp shuttle is good as far as proportion but it needs alot of detail along the leading edges of the wings. I have the references for it but i just felt like slapping a few kits together lately. For overall best detail out of the box id have to say that the A-wing is the most accurate one.

The star destroyer is the roughest kit in all. I am actually having difficulty weathering? :huh: (in space) I dont want to ruin any possible scale effect it has.

Wait till you see the next kit in my lineup. A Fujimi 1/16 scale Lamborghini Countach Koenig.I just cant chose a color for it,silver,white or yelow. I already have too many black cars and red and i dont get along well.Red never comes out how i like it there is always a hair or piece of dust getting in it even if i rub it out and repaint the area something just seems to get into the paint

Edited by HWR MKII

This just in.

I picked up all 6 ROTS kits from revell germany. Ill do some before and after pics as i go.5 of them are prepaints so they wil be repiants. I have already done the ATRT next will be obiwans fighter. Pics will be posted after i get home from work tonight.

The ARC 70 is close to 1/72 scale. All the figures are made of a really floppy rubber that will not accept paint so im lost for a way to improve them. Obi and Annies fighters are around 1/32 along with the droid tri fighter. The AT/RT is near 1/24. and the republic stardestroyer i forget the scale of it but it is larger and more well detailed than the AMT/MPC Imperial star destroyer.

sean

P.S. I also got my BSG Viper from Myersjessee today and it is AWESOME! But will be on hold until i clear all these star wars kits.

Edited by HWR MKII

Anakins fighter which will get the same treatment as Obis fighter. Im keeping the already painted areas because the finish is good for a start but the grey isnt paint its the kits bare plastic which doesnt weahter well. Ill post pics of the ARC 170 when i get started on it.

post-3-1116376953_thumb.jpg

Looking great HWR MKII ! I guess repainting and weathering is the only way to go with these models. The weathered AT/RT is so cool.

When I first heard Revell Germany will be releasing them as snap-kits (or "easy kits") I was pretty sure they´d come out with crappy, non-detailed toys (look at their planes within this range).

I was able to have a look at them because a friend dared to buy them all at once and I must say Revell did a good job! Sharp details, good proportions (I bet they got the CGmodels from ILM so they couldn´t go wrong here), and no obvious shortcuts in details to simplify assembly. Not Fine Molds but definitely better than many MPC´s. Obviously good value for the price!

Have you seen the new Fine Molds Falcon? :) This will be even better but I bet this thing will be so expensive you will probably get 15 Revell kits for this... :(

Thats the 1/6 scale one by screamin i think. It isnt finished i still have to paint the wires in his stomach area.

Thanks Grayson BTW the virago is in 1/72 as well. I double checked on the Lambda shutle and it is definitely 1/72

I thought it was 1/100... the pilots are a bit smaller than a 1/72 size...and scaling it down with a calculator it goes exactly to 1/100. I could be wrong though...

The virago is 1/72 for sure...

ILM still uses motion control for its space ships so revell at least got diagrams and blueprints i think. Im still trying to figure a way to cover the toylike hinges on the fighters wings i may just glue them open and dress the hinge like the movie model since ill be making stands anyway.

The shuttle is 1/72 scale I used the FM starfighter pilot as a scale reference its just MPC/ertl was never good at making fugures.

I coud have bought a FM falcon for what these kits cost over here.74 pounds equates to around 130 dollars after the exchange rate.

I bought an ARC-170 yesterday, couldn´t resist after seeing the movie. I just put it together and was quite pleased with the result, but you´re absolutely right about the hinges.

Moreover, I don´t like the inside of the intakes, they are not really round where they meet the fan and due to colour and size this is very visible. Will be a hell to sand this especially If I want the little ribs to stay intact.

On the Revell Remany website all the actual lengths of the "real" ships are stated. What a disappointment! According to these figures the ARC-170 is 1/67 scale, the Jedi Fighters are 1/29 and the droid Trifighter is something about 1/27. Even if these kits are supposed to be playable toys they are STILL made by a scale model company, so why don´t they give a damn about scale consistency? :angry:

Box scale kits were OK in the 50s but why are they bothering us with this today?? (us= ONLY sci-fi modelers since no one manufacturer would dare to release a new 1/83 kit of an F-14) :blink:

I really don´t want to sound like a nerdy nitpicker - Again: I like the Revell SW EP.III kits! :D:D - but:

Where is the R2? Behind the 2nd cockpit there is a black indentation where the R2 head should be! They even removed the R2 from the CG box art! Poor clone guys have to fly their machine manually - no wonder they got shot down that easily in the movie ;) but wait - in the movie the R2s were fitted! So Revell cut costs on their kit by omitting a vital piece of hardware!!! And you can´t even use the spare head from the FM X-wing because the Revell guys chose 1/67 scale. :blink: ...OK maybe the old AMT Snap X-Wing is of some use here..

Ahm, well, I should still point out that I actually really like the Revell kits. :rolleyes:

post-3-1116582455_thumb.jpg

From what i remember not all of the ARC fighters had R2units installed. Im going to make one for mine none the less. Im also cuting open the windows for the second seater.The 2 wedge shaped depressions in the fuselage by the econd guy are supposed to be windows.

I tend to weather in layers so that way i get scratches in grease streaks and i get grease streaks over the scratches. Next step is to scratch it up a little to make it look battle hardened. I also cut open the windows on the fuselage next to the second seater. In person it looks alot better than the dark grey panels painted on it. sorry for the blurr its the best focus i could get being so close.

post-3-1116805969_thumb.jpg

From what i remember not all of the ARC fighters had R2units installed.

OK then my complaining was not justified but as I can tell from your pics the ARC-170 looks much more complete with the R2 attached.

You did an awesome job HWR MKII, the weathering turns the kit from a toy to a convincing replica. Although I cannot clearly spot the additional cockpit details on the photos the darker interior colour already enhances the appearance. The opened up side windows are great and I guess this really needs to be done since they are too big to leave them just painted on. Great work!!!

Just for contrast to the red im thinking of making the R2 unit green with the smaller panels on him in white.

by the way how long is this kit? i would really like to get one. i wish they would have made the nose cone alittle longer that way it would have looked a little sleeker

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

From nose to tail its only about 6 inches but the wing span is almost a foot. At first when your building it looks kind of small. Then it looks better after the wings are installed.

The weathering is nowhere near done yet ;) I still have to chip the paint up then add a few more streaks.

Well this is what i worked on last ...it was all hand painted. I used just the primary colors + black and white tamiya acrylics and a chrome color to make the 20 some different types of metal. I didnt know the difference between most metals so i used the box image as my best judegement for what colors to mix.

Of course in teh end the intricate motor was covered completely by the see through green plastic. Anyway im pretty proud of this one and theres only a few i can say that about.

post-3-1116919143_thumb.jpg

This is what im currently working on. Ertl AT-AT. The first two pictures are just a prime with a pre wash ...i use black oil paints for washes. The second two pictures are an attempt to do a first coat of airbrushing ..as you can see the paint came out speckled and not very smooth however it came out alot better then any previous airbrush attempt thanks mostly to

This website

Thier tips on thinning and using alcohol helped alot. I think if i eliminated the speckling this would have been an amazing job...of course until my airbrush decided to stop releasing liquid

post-3-1116919500_thumb.jpg

I've had 10 kits partially built or not built at all. I recently finished doing renovations to our house we bought in january, so in the last 2 weeks I have been painting every night. To the annoyance of my wife! :p

These kits are my first attempts at weathering/shading and I was happy how they turned out. It doesn't show up very well in my crappy pics.

Next on the workbench will be the HGUC Marasai (half done), Hasegawa VF-0A, HGUC L-gaim kit, a PG Zaku (to my shame I bought this over a year ago and haven't started yet) and then a custom project for a Yamato VF-11b. whew! :)

here's what I've finished:

PG strike

strikefront036pu.jpg

strikehead9sq.jpg

MG Rick-Dom

domfront029ve.jpg

1/100 Astray

ASTRAY

astray017vf.jpg

HGUC 1/144 Xekueins

x38om.jpg

And MG Gelgoog (more pics in the Gelgoog thread in Sci Fi Forum)

ggla5ea.jpg

Excellent work everyone. Im not too knowledgeable about Gundam but the work is great.

The weathering on that ATAT looks just like the filming model.

The metal work on the bike looks ok to me. Aluminum is silverish in color where as steel and other metals are more grey.

Not Macross, not plastic, but model... and lying on my workbench :D

post-3-1116980023_thumb.jpg

Now a cessna 150 (Guillows)

post-3-1116980098_thumb.jpg

Now a FW-190 (16.5 inches wingspan, Guillows)

post-3-1116980225_thumb.jpg

In process of finishing

Convertion VF-1SER Valkiyer <VF-1S Hasagawa>.

Armor is process of starting or Started.

<To many to list but here 3 I can come up from the top of my head>

1/35 DML Ambrams

1/35 DML Tiger II

1/35 DML German Falcrumjagers

1/6th scale Figure bashes.

<Yes, the Man Dollies>

British SAS Iraq.

US Navy Seal Era Desert Storm

US Navy Seal Sniper Iraq

US Army Ranger Crica 1994

US Marine Corp Afganstan

Last and not less!

Project in planing and I have the figure.

Cy Girl Aurora figure.

This bash is and ideal that I been working on and planned for over 3 months for the Weekend of Heros Convention coming up in July 30th Ontario Convention Center.

The ideal is to bash out a Macross type Officer <Like a Lt or Lt Cdm JG> from the UNS Enterprise UNSCV 65. Thinking of making a white uniform with a 2038 fell. This is the major plan bash for now.