What is lying on your workbench?

Superb work, Mechleader. I wish I could do that well. I'm currently working on a Bandai 1/48 Nadesico Aestivalis Flight type. It's the first kit I've assembled in years, and the first I've fully painted.I'm getting use to acrylic paints still. The orange is a bit too watery and need too many coats, but I'ts coming along. I just haven't been in the mood to work on it lately. I'm not doing anything fancy with it, but I hope it can get me back into modeling. I'll post pics when it's done if anyone's interested.

Great work - cool paint job!!

Congrats on your new "model"! Guess we won't be seeing too many new models from you for a while :p

Seems like we are all on a star wars kick. I have 4 in progress now. Star Destroyer, A-Wing, The Virago(SOTE) and my OI Lambda Class shuttle which just arive at its new home. Still waiting on the Falcon and an Ertl Slave One. BTW Ertl just reissued most of its kits aside from the shuttle A-Wing, Y-Wing and B-Wing

Wow that slave came out awesome! Great build Mechleader.

HWR MkII - What is the Virago, can you post a pic? Also was the Shuttle in 1/72 scale?

Im in the middle of taking pics now of the Virago right now. If you have read Shadows of the empire or played th game the Virago is from that. Its the really mean looking ship that Prince Xixor flies in it. First words out of my wifes mouth when she saw it built and basecoated were "That thing looks sinister!"

The shuttle is pretty close to 1/72 scale and the A wing is near the same scale as the standard Xwing kit.

I got a RX-78GP02 undergoing the painting process, then later in the week I'll either have a custom Test bed variation of the GP01 (different colors really...) and an NT-1Alex.

Hey thanks for the photos, you've got some serious modeling skills dude.

The Virago does look sinister, when the wings are deployed it kinda looks like a moth... a armed moth.

Thats the 1/4 scale one by screamin i think. It isnt finished i still have to paint the wires in his stomach area.

Thanks Grayson BTW the virago is in 1/72 as well. I double checked on the Lambda shutle and it is definitely 1/72 and ebay is flooded with this stuff right now just do an all categories search and once complete click on model kits under toys and hobbies. The virago can be found for as little as 5 bucks.

Edited by HWR MKII

A-wing is 1/48th judging from the pilot figure, Y wing somewhere near 1/85-1/100 its dificult to tell. and Bwing is the same as Ywing. If the A wing were 1/72 scale it would be around the same size as the Fine Molds jedi starfighter and the A wing is easily 2 times the size of that or larger.

On a side note id also say that the Ertl falcon is also 1/72 scale judging from the size of the Han figure that comes with it and that a 1/72 scale figure sizes up just right by the boarding ramp.

I just remembered i have the twin set of tie fighters buried in my storage cabinet to build up too :D

Edited by HWR MKII

FM 1/72 Falcon!!!! Yes!!!!

http://www.hlj.com/product/FNMX-01

Thanks all!!!

WM it wouldn't of come out half as goo if it wasn't for you sharing your knowledge. Thanks again.

I have to post one more pic of the Slave with the Jedi Starfighter.

Then it's off to work on the Hase Strike and Hase gerwalk I am working on. Then......

We'll see if I have ANY time for some others... :(

Oh and HWR MKII NICE kits. That C-3P0 Rocks!

Edited by Mechleader

Now for something completely different.

My car. yes i actually own a 79 camaro. My 1/1 scale one needs some restoration but to guide me in it i have taken the time to make a 1/25 scale model of it. The wires coming out of the engine bay are for the heater lines and the vaccuum line to the brake master cylinder

post-3-1116011941_thumb.jpg

Final one for tonight is the front end you can see the cowl hood in the foreground. i had to combine the street racer hood from the monogram kit with the cowl from a ertl 701/2 baldwin motion camaro to get that hood. Fortunately for the real car they make an all steel bolt on replacemnt hood so no fiberglassing.

post-3-1116012321_thumb.jpg

HWR MKII That is one bitchin' Camaro! :lol: (couldn't resist) it really does look great though. Is your real one with you overseas, or is it back home in the states waiting for your return?

Your other models look good too. it looks like you've done a partickularly nice job on the star destoyer. That's kind of a nasty kit as-is. The shuttle looks great. IMO the Imp shuttle is the best AMT kit out-of-the box. All the rest need tons of work just to get the parts to meet up. <_<