What is lying on your workbench?

Nice work.

I know that those kits have something to be desired regarding accuracy. But if I had no idea of what the Macross anime was and I picked one up, would I still think they looked interesting enough to buy one?

That is a KICK ASS light fx!!! I'm working on all of those ships at the moment. Your lightning modification looks so great I begun to think should I do that too! :lol: I've never done such things, do you mind telling how did you do it/is there much work? I believe it's quite easy in this case at least. The biggest issue might be buying the right stuff. But that shouldn't be any harder than just to know what should I buy. But looks FANTASTIC. Please try to get sharper pics again. It could be that you just haven't got enough light. Try some lamp. :)

Edited by Sdf-1

I have all the original maquettes except for the rare Padme... and I'm not spending $500+ to get it! That includes General Kenobi in the clone trooper armor. I was thinking of doing either Mace Windu or Shaak Ti. If you are a fan of the Clone Wars anime... you know you gotta love Shaak Ti!

Have you seen these yet??

http://www.rebelscum.com/tf2006/tf06-GGSanimated/default.asp

373128[/snapback]

Those new figures rock. I wonder if that means there is to be a new Star Wars cartoon.

I'm a big fan of the Shaak Ti route. She was a bad ass in the Clone Wars.

As far as your passing the clone trooper off to a 'real' sculptor, I really don't see how someone else could do much better B))

I've never done such things, do you mind telling how did you do it/is there much work? I believe it's quite easy in this case at least. The biggest issue might be buying the right stuff. But that shouldn't be any harder than just to know what should I buy.

373314[/snapback]

Thanks for the support SDF. This is a pretty simple mod, given a modeling Noob like me did it. First thing is to cut out the material between the exhaust veins. I used a dremmel to get in there. After painting that piece the base color, I took my airbrush with some really dilute black paint, and did a couple light layers by blowing the paint between the veins so it flowed in the same direction as the exhaust gases would have gone. I did this with the exhaust installed in each half of the hull so I'd get the same pattern on all sides. It ended up making a pretty genuine looking exhaust stain.

For the lighting, I just used a super bright white LED potted with hot glue pointing towards the nose of the ship. Then a reflector I made out of aluminum foil to disperse the light, and redirect it towards the back. For a lens, I ended up finding that some plastic disposeable cups I had seemed to be about the right level of transparency to make an effective diffuser. It is also the perfect thickness to slip in between the hull halves and the front of the exhaust nozzle piece. The inside of the diffuser is stained with a blue glass stain that you can pick up at Walmart in the crafts section for around $2. I'm not a big fan of batteries, and I built this to be a nightlight for my son, so I put in a small 3VDC 100mA power supply, which you can pick up at www.allelectronics.com for about $1 or $2. Also where I bought the power supply socket and switch for it.

Once I move, I'm hoping to really get creative with some lighting effects in a 1/100 Macross Factory kit. I picked up some electroluminuescent strips, and some small tube lights, as well as a bunch of fiber..... but given how expensive the kit was, I'll probably have to practice on a few more sacrificial kits :lol: .

Well guys i talked it over with IAD and he has no problem with me telling you guys this.

^ months ago when he first posted on the site about his RC flyable SV-51 i approached him about making one for me if he did make one out of foam. He agreed and basically has been making a twin airframe as he made this one. it is slightly behind his in finish due to the fact he wnts to get a few test flights on his airframe in case any changes need to be made to it.

I cant wait to get this beauti of a model. this will definitely be my macross pride and joy :D

Well guys i talked it over with IAD and he has no problem with me telling you guys this.

^ months ago when he first posted on the site about his RC flyable SV-51 i approached him about making one for me if he did make one out of foam. He agreed and basically has been making a twin airframe as he made this one.  it is slightly behind his in finish due to the fact he wnts to get a few test  flights  on his airframe in case any changes need to be made to it.

I cant wait to get this beauti of a model. this will definitely be my macross pride and joy :D

373524[/snapback]

That's sweet. Man, if I bought one of those, it would definitely be a hangar queen! I'd be too afraid to fly the thing. Most of my foam electrics end up becoming packaging material :( .

I have been glueing little tiny things to a much bigger thing.

frell.

post-2651-1141353728_thumb.jpg

So many little tiny parts.

Thanks. I've been working on it while working, turning, and trying to get my taxes together.

I've actually dropped several parts and found them. Including C28.

After a 4-5 year break from building, I got the bug again.  To get back into it I'm building a Hasegawa VF-1S Strike metal plated edition.

DSC00493.jpg

376158[/snapback]

thats a long break... got any old citadel paints with flip top lids lying around??? :rolleyes:

Working on the Studio scale Xwing a little more. Started the pastel process of the weathering. I use the pastels on a brush and just a straight edge piece of paper to mask it . Scrub the pastel on and blow away the excess.

post-2293-1141532059_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1141532123_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1141532151_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1141532193_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1141532225_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1141532258_thumb.jpg