What is lying on your workbench?

Heres the latest on my bench, The TUMBLER, and some pics of my hobby room in need of a clean.

371576[/snapback]

Great work on the Tumbler. That is my favorite Batmobile design by far.

Looks good. I like the idea of the coat hanger through the wing sweep area for support.

These guys are brass rods that I got from the local hobby shop.  I saw someone

on the board do this with their stand.  I liked the idea because you don't have

to drill into the model.  I used pretty thin ones which are easy to fit and they're

less visible.  The downside is that it's kind of springy, shoulda anticipated putting a

weight at the end of a bendy stick makes a spring.

Where are the verniers on the fast packs? just kidding

372102[/snapback]

Hehe.. good catch. This is why I posted in the "what's on the workbench" thread.

I've got some verniers comin from Japan, if hlj will ever get around to shippin

them for me. Does any one else think the stock ones look wimpy? I noticed

that the Battroid kit has better looking verniers. Anyone know a good brand

and type of vernier to put in there?

Edited by SitAndMeditate

Finally have time to get some models done , been over a year since I had time to sit down and actually complete one. I should get four finished by April. My first one to finish is the Cat's Eye, one of my favorites for sure. Airbrushing refresher course is needed, then I am in buisness, lol.

post-366-1140539951_thumb.jpg

I had fitting problems also, and a few misc other problems. I did alot of sanding, and filling, but overall i am happy having it for sure, then again and as with most resin models bubbles, fittings, etc are a minor annoyance, but the Cats Eye is worth it for sure. I got a little sidetracked and decided to change the order of models i am busting out, lol. I had to get used to the airbrush again, so I decided to practice on another resin model (Yellow Submarine SDF-1 ,Cruiser Mode)

I had a darker original color, decided to go lighter, actually instead of turning this into a how to post, I will start one over in that section, as to not corrupt this one. Good to be back in making models again , very relaxing. :rolleyes:

post-366-1140575677_thumb.jpg

Lemme think about it.

As far as what's on my workbench. It would be easier to say what's not on the workbench! As you can see, we gotta:

post-99-1140670704_thumb.jpg

SMT 1/100 scale Monster

Hasegawa 1/48th scale F-15

Alternate paint scheme Bandai 1/100 scale Yukikaze Mave

The aformentioned Cat's Eye

... and my little pet project... my first sculpt... trying to replicate the Gentle Giant Clone Wars Maquette series. It's an ARC trooper with the Z-6 Rotary Blaster.

post-99-1140670251_thumb.jpg

Sweet!

I have been busy with an English warrior recovery vehicle. The kit is by accurate armour from scottland and is beautiful. This company makes the best resin cast kits i have ever seen, they go together as smoothly as injection molded kits from DML. This conversion comes with everything including the APC warrior from minicraft. The only part of the minicraft kit used is the lower hull, suspension and tracks.

post-2293-1140672549_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1140672567_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1140672586_thumb.jpg

... and my little pet project... my first sculpt... trying to replicate the Gentle Giant Clone Wars Maquette series. It's an ARC trooper with the Z-6 Rotary Blaster.

372951[/snapback]

Looks great! Did you cannibalize another clone trooper for this (Ryuji style) or sculpt everything on your own?

Edited by Mule

372951[/snapback]

Looks great! Did you cannibalize another clone trooper for this (Ryuji style) or sculpt everything on your own?

373030[/snapback]

I did everything by myself. I'm just playing around with figure sculpting. It's lots of fun.

HWR MKII... I've never seen one of those Accurate Armor kits. I've HEARD alot about them. They aren't cheap and they have some really really interesting armor subjects. I love what you've done with those.

I highly recommend accurate armour. The price is great for what you get and the kits are packed with extra goodies. PE parts styrene tube for some parts, wire for grab handles, extra stowage bins and such. they also are the only people on the market releasing variants of some vehicles like the conqueror heavy tank and the Oshkosh tank transporter.

Great work on the clone troop by the way. You should see about gettng it cast in kit form.

I have all the original maquettes except for the rare Padme... and I'm not spending $500+ to get it! That includes General Kenobi in the clone trooper armor. I was thinking of doing either Mace Windu or Shaak Ti. If you are a fan of the Clone Wars anime... you know you gotta love Shaak Ti!

Have you seen these yet??

http://www.rebelscum.com/tf2006/tf06-GGSanimated/default.asp

I have started work on scratchbuilding the bigarse tank from the Venus Wars movie. for those who havnt seen it in a while it looks like this. It will be i 1/35 scale. I got hit with the idea for this when i was in the desert.post-2293-1140733693_thumb.jpg

Thanks, looking very cool project indeed. I believe you use parts from other kits, modify them and build the rest from absolute scratch? I want to learn scratchbuilding too! I must just build out of the box kits for now, to gain skills and experience... Too early for me to try scratchbuilding. <_<

Edited by Sdf-1

I have started work on scratchbuilding the bigarse tank from the Venus Wars movie. for those who havnt seen it in a while it looks like this. It will be i 1/35 scale. I got hit with the idea for this when i was in the desert.post-2293-1140733693_thumb.jpg

373172[/snapback]

What's that, about the 2-3 meters larger then an Ahbrams? Looks to be a 'fun' project though! :lol:

I hope just to have a workbench soon, or even a dedicated corner of the floor in some room.... anyway, trying to develop some skills by practicing on some simple/ cheaper / relatively easy to find kits. My first attempt at a Zentraedi flagship. Trying to learn to use an airbrush here, and trying acrylics for the first time as well. It's the unmodified cheap Spacepoo model, but I tried to spice it up with simulated fold engines coming to life. Although I don't remeber ever seeing the engines glow in the series :huh: , but figured they must at some point to justify having such big exhaust ducts. Also, I can't seem to get closeups that aren't blurred, even with the macro turned on.

post-3041-1140756546_thumb.jpgpost-3041-1140756614_thumb.jpgpost-3041-1140756679_thumb.jpgpost-3041-1140756745_thumb.jpg