What's wrong with my Yamato, Bandai, etc.

UN Spacy

That's interesting...

Can anyone tell me about the Kite symbol?

Am I supposed to put the blank white sticker on before the Kite itself?

I'm still confused on this.

Also, I too have the problem with the TV hands, the gunpod one seems too big, it stays in but pokes out a bit, and the open one is too loose, but doesn't fall out.

SOME of them I only peeled off the top layer. Apparently the Yamato stickers have a top layer which looks very visible if stuck to the plastic, but it can be removed and makes the sticker less visible on the seams.

So you're saying that the Yamto stickers have a protective layer over the actual sticker and overall are thinner than what most people believed?

:Dat

Edited by DatterBoy

SOME of them I only peeled off the top layer. Apparently the Yamato stickers have a top layer which looks very visible if stuck to the plastic, but it can be removed and makes the sticker less visible on the seams.

So you're saying that the Yamto stickers have a protective layer over the actual sticker and overall are thinner than what most people believed?

:Dat

Yes...unless of course peeling of the said layer was not intended to happen. I tried peeling some with the intent of only peeling the top layer...but usually I just yank off the whole sticker. Its strange. So i'm curious if that top layer was intended for removal.

The stickers are very very thin after you peel off that layer.

The nose cone flap where the swing bars go into in battroid mode...on my VF-1S is getting loose. So far, it still stays there in fighter/gerwalk mode, but a little movement will make it drop. Words of advice to tigten it anyone?

My advice would be to get at the hinge somehow (which probably involves taking the nose apart), and applying clear nail polish to tighten up the joint. That or, you could use some double sided tape on the contact edges to hold it closed.

Has anyone had their 1/48 hands fall apart on them? First the backside popped right off. Then I was looking down in the floor for it and then the fingers went. Of course My dog who loves eating anything macross is able to gobble down the pinky finger while I'm attempting to pick everything backup. I just thought it was odd that they fell apart like that. Of course now I have, a pinky-less VF-1S.

This has probably been answered countless times, but i couldn find the thread,

didn't want to start a new thread, so i'm asking it here... would appreciate any help

Q. How do i get the arms of my 1/48 to stay up in Fighter Mode when FAST packs are attached?... i can only keep them up.. but there's no way to click it or fasten it in place, is there?

thanks so much!

there's 2 part here... 1) the right arm theres 2 small protruding stubs, it should goes in the left arm's small indent... 2) there's some bigger stubs on the legs, those should go in between the arms& arm fp...

if this still don't work, try "twisting"the "knee" joint closer...

Hope this helps... :D

guys.

I noticed rubber leaking from my 1/.48 hikaru 1S' legs. SO i opened the hip joint and sanded the balls with a nail clipper surface thing. I got the paint off, and put the hip back togethere. NOW the thing is...the hips are now more looser! NOt a bad thing but I was wondering was this common? The rubber no longer seeps out but I was wondering if..

a-if it was common if the legs seemed looser after sanding the paint off of the diecast balls.

b-is there anything to remedy the looseness? not terribly bad and it stll stands real secure and real good..and sturdy...just a bit annoying.

Has anyone had their 1/48 hands fall apart on them?

I'm terribly sorry for your loss man. I know it sounds sick and all but you could have checked your dog's stool for the missing pinky finger. :(

I really hate the hands that Yamato produced for the 1:48 line. I've had the same problem with mine. I try to get the hand to grip the gunpod trigger and the damn thing falls apart.

I just got my VF-11B FP Leg armors from HLJ. However, does anybody else have trouble keeping them from popping off all the time? Seems like if I even slightly touch the leg the damned things pop right off. Anybody have a fix out there?

Does it pop off or simply just fall off? I'm not splitting hairs here, if the piece seems like it's popping off, then the pegs are too large. Your best bet would be to carefully sand them until they're snug, just don't overdo it. Now, if the pegs just fall off, then they're too thin. In that case, the clear nail polish will do just fine.

Shin: Yes, the leaking rubber is a common problem. When I did own 1/48's, they all had the same problem. The more you play with it, the more the problem is exacerbated. The problem isn't with you, it's a design flaw.

Shin: Yes, the leaking rubber is a common problem.  When I did own 1/48's, they all had the same problem.  The more you play with it, the more the problem is exacerbated.  The problem isn't with you, it's a design flaw.

Lne Wolf: you've quit the 1/48's? tell me it ain't so!

:blink:

:lol:

Edited by mildred

yes but I was wondering if looseness waS NORMAL after sanding the paint off the diecast balls.

Most likely. The designers may have taken into account the minute thickness of the paint when working out the size of the ball and socket joint. Then again, perhaps you sanded off some metal...

The circle bar vernier on the arm of my VF-1S Hikaru is sticking out making it almost impossible to close the arms in fighter mode, I'm in the process in sanding the backend down so it can be flush in the arm. Plus the rubber sockets in the leg air intake joint are so tight that they are bleeding out through the plastic pieces keeping them in place. So far I used the super armor from my VF-1A Hikaru and placed the on the the Hikaru 1S to see if the arms fell down like they did on my Focker 1S and they didn't. There is still a proble with the canopy, and a newly discovered problem in Gerwalk mode is the I can't pose it the way I can because the arm joint blocks the legs from going back. This is cause by the plastic pieces in the hip/leg joints are not firmly placed into the legs cause them to be too tight during transformations. any suggestion on how to deal with it. And one more thing I don't know about any one else's VF-1S Hikaru but mine seemed to have missed the QC Inspection as two of the backpack thruster were not painted silver like the middle one was.

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

Hello, I just recieved my first 1/48 yesterday. I bought the super and strike parts as well. It is a great toy, wonderful detail, the only problem I notice is that when I add the armor in Battloid mode, the back pack will not support it, it falls back. Is this a common problem?

If your FAST Packs are causing your battroids backpack to flop around, try this thread.

It even has pictures to illustrate how things should be done so this won't be a problem anymore.

H

cut off the damaged part and make a new hole using the ring, i haven't done it before, so don't try it unless u have thought thru all the possible problems....

the strap is kinda useless IMO though....u need to take it off while transforming in2 fighter mode...

no, my gunstrap was seperate too, u can bend those metal rings quite easily.... so dun worry, bend it to a degree where u can easily hook in the straps....

and look out for the infamous backpack flap....the piece that holds the backpack to the robot, don't force that part.....

Edited by Shinguuji

• 2 weeks later...

have you guys try to pull apart those 1/48 that are damaged beyond repair and sell the parts as spare parts, at least that would let you recover part of the cost and would let your broken Valkyrie give new live to other Valks that are not that damaged. :ph34r:

:huh: I have seen this thing around but is round thing on the backpack of the 1/60 VF-1S must it be yellow? the ones of the VF-1A Hikaru and Max are red and blue respectly. So is in the original design yellow? I know the Yamato's is not painted. :unsure:

Just got my Max VF-1J 1/48 last night. Everything is great except one really annoying thing.

It looks like they glued the pilot seat to its base crooked. Re-gluing isn't a safe option because the seat is "melted" quite securely to the base. I took things apart and confirmed that the seat is all tweaked. Just posting this so that others can open up the flap and sneak a peak at the seat before buying (if buying from a store).

As you can see, the crooked mounting causes the cockpit to look quite tweaked. I highlighted the top of the seat in the first picture and then marked two vertical lines that are equidistant from the fuselage center-line. Obviously, the seat is way off-center.

At first, I didn't think it was a big deal, but it's beginning to bother me more and more as I see it more often. :(

cockpit-lines.jpg

seat-front.jpg

seat-back.jpg

The Max 1J is otherwise great!

Best Regards,

H

P.S. I might contact the seller and see if they have a spare seat. Otherwise, it's time to hassle Yamato.

Edited by Hurin

Well, since I'm reporting problems..Here's the sort of issues (of what I can remember) I've come across since Yamato started producing Macross toys...Keep in mind, my list goes back about 3 years and with all the Valkyries that passed through my hands, it was a small percentage. Most of these were reported by customers and promptly exchanged/replaced. Also, I did pass it along with Yamato when I had the chance...

12 -15? X VF11B Broken Hips

2 X Missing instructions/decals 1/60 VF-19A

1 X Faceplate Broken Tab 1/60 VF1A Hikaru

1 X Broken Shoulder Hinge 1/60 VF1A Max

2 X Broken Tail fin on 1/60 Super VF1J Max

1 X Broken Tail fin on 1/60 Super VF1J Miriya

1 X Missing boosters on 1/60 Super VF1J Miriya

1 X Broken Hip YF-21 FP

1 X Missing attenae on 1/60 SuperOstrich

1 x Missing instructions/stickers on 1/48 VF1A Hikaru

1 x Two right should plates on 1/48 VF1A Hikaru

1 x Two right should plates on 1/48 Super VF1J Max

1 x Missing left hand 1/48 VF1A Hikaru

1 X Crooked Seat assembly on 1/48 VF1S (V1)

1 X Crooked Seat assembly on 1/48 Super VF1J Max

Oh, and just to be fair, I also had my share of Toynami MPC issues

2-3 X Loose Legs/no ratcheting of leg on MPC VOl. 1

1 X Glue hands stuck inside forearm MPC Vol 2

3-4 X Bent Antennae MPC Vol. 3

3-4 X Misassembly of parts MPC VF1S armors

And Bandai's

1 X Broken head mount Super VF1S Reissue

-Kevin

Edited by VALKYRIE-EXCHANGE.COM

I think the flaps issue was more of a design flaw than a QC issue. So I don't think he's listing it. Much like you don't see the crooked skulls listed.

H

1 x Two right should plates on 1/48 VF1A Hikaru

1 x Two right should plates on 1/48 Super VF1J Max

Duplicate entry or typo?

Great list though! Interesting stuff! Thanks for posting it!

H

Edited by Hurin