What's wrong with my Yamato, Bandai, etc.

UN Spacy

I remember seeing someone with this problem before, and I'm not sure they were ever able to fix it. The way the swing bar is assembled can make it impossible to get out from what I remember them saying. They just couldn't push the pin out to get the bar detached to flip it around.

Taking a look at mine.. you have to remove the three screws holding the backplate on. Looks like you've already done that from your photos. What you need to do is find a way to get the swingbar to pop out of the slot it's in on the back side of the lower back plate.

This is where I remember another person giving up, because they could not get that pin to pop out of the place it sits. It's in there good, and you might need to chip away at some of the surrounding plastic to let it free. Then you'd need to push the pin out somehow, pull the swingbar back through the hole, flip it around, re-insert the pin, and then put everything back together.

What might be easier to do, but I don't know if it would work... you could just flip around the lower segment of the swing bar. The section of the bar that the hips are attached to is offset a little on that lower pivot point, so flipping that over may be all you need to get it to latch into the nose.

Yeah, there's just no way. My mother-in-law is on her way to visit us so I think I'm just gonna put everything back together and send it with her back to Japan so she can send it to Yamato then I'll wait until March when I meet her in Italy to get it back. What a pain.

This is where I remember another person giving up, because they could not get that pin to pop out of the place it sits. It's in there good, and you might need to chip away at some of the surrounding plastic to let it free. Then you'd need to push the pin out somehow, pull the swingbar back through the hole, flip it around, re-insert the pin, and then put everything back together.

if you have to push the swing bar throught he hole in the back plate to even get to the pin then there's no reason to remove the pin at all, just push it out of it's hing, flip the bar 180 degrees then re-seat it and possibly swap the ball joint stubs.

I don't actuall own a VF-0, can someone take a picture of these parts from the oposite side?

post-746-0-33789800-1328495711_thumb.jpg

Most every transforming toy will have identical pins and hinges----practice on one of those first, THEN attempt a pin-removal on an expensive out-of-production valk. Any Transformerâ„¢ will do fine for practice. Personally I sacrificed a BM Silverbolt to learn pin-removal.

if you have to push the swing bar throught he hole in the back plate to even get to the pin then there's no reason to remove the pin at all, just push it out of it's hing, flip the bar 180 degrees then re-seat it and possibly swap the ball joint stubs. I don't actuall own a VF-0, can someone take a picture of these parts from the oposite side?

The problem with that method is that I don't think it's even possible to flip the bar 180 without removing the pin. I don't think the hole is big enough to let you flip the entire piece around. It looks like the main swing bar was inserted through hole in the back plate, the pin was inserted, then the bar was pulled back through the hole to lock the pin into the place it sits. To fix that, you'd have to reverse the process.. pop the pin loose from the backplate (which is the part that we can't seem to do anyway, so it's kind of a moot point), pull the pin out of the bar, then pull the bar back through the backplate to let you flip it around, then reassemble things again.

However that bar was pulled back through though, the pin is locked down extremely tightly. You might have to cut away part of the backplate to get it out, and it could be a really ugly process.

But like boyarque said, it's not necessary to flip the entire bar around. The upper bar is shaped to let you get the arms back into place for fighter mode better, but it's not impossible with it backwards. The important part is making sure that the portion that folds 90 degrees to lock into the nose is facing the right way, because the bar is offset from the hinge. Having that piece flipped makes it so the hip bar is either too high or too low to lock in correctly, I'm not sure which it is off the top of my head.

The only pin you'd have to remove is the one near the hip bar. Then you'd have to flip around the lower segment with the hips attached, and then swap the ball joints so the legs face the right way. There shouldn't be too much risk in removing that particular pin, because it's holding together two metal pieces, which should hold up alright. You'll likely lose some paint, but I don't think the forces required to remove the pin should be enough to stress the metal bars.

I usually use something like a nail with the tip filed down, put it against the pin, and press the nail against a hard surface. If I get desperate, I might try tapping it with a rubber mallet, but only as a last resort, and only if I'm working with really sturdy pieces.

Had to dismantle my V.1 DX VF-25S to fix the shoulder hinges after the left one broke when i transformed it from battroid to fighter mode recently.

post-13484-0-68336900-1329181730_thumb.jpgpost-13484-0-94082100-1329181744_thumb.jpgpost-13484-0-28893400-1329181757_thumb.jpg

Photos not to clear cos i just snapped it with my phone. I used UHU glue which was slow drying but once it hardened, it was really durable. Hopefully this repair will last.

Yeah, there's just no way. My mother-in-law is on her way to visit us so I think I'm just gonna put everything back together and send it with her back to Japan so she can send it to Yamato then I'll wait until March when I meet her in Italy to get it back. What a pain.

You're talking about a VF-0, right? You might want to think twice before you send that off.

This is a list of items no longer supported by Yamato's customer service.

http://www.yamato-toys.com/after/supportend.html

As you can see, most if not all of the Mac Zero stuff is on there.

You're talking about a VF-0, right? You might want to think twice before you send that off.

This is a list of items no longer supported by Yamato's customer service.

http://www.yamato-to...supportend.html

As you can see, most if not all of the Mac Zero stuff is on there.

Well, well, well, FML. I always suspected as much when I had to order replacement arms. They weren't quite sure if they had them so they had to ask for which VF-0 in particular. I'm going to have get in touch with them. It's not a part replacement, it's more of an installation correction. I wish I'd noticed this problem back when I got it and couldn't transform it.