What's wrong with my Yamato, Bandai, etc.

UN Spacy

Regarding the FP VF1J. I have two left sided FPs, where the micro missiles are stored. Instead of the red light bieng on the outside of each. It's on the left side of each. Anybody else with this problem?

That's how they all are.

Sorry guys, I didn't see this pinned topic here and I made another thread elsewhere so I'll just transcribe my problem here.

I have a serious problem with my Hikaru 1S, I was wondering why the backpack wasn't folding properly and I found that there was a huge gap between the top and bottom pieces. It's not caused by loose screws or anything, but the plastic arrived bent/warped from the factory. (part BP1)

I've tried using hot water to soften it and bending it back into shape but all that has created is stress fractures. There is a huge seam and the engine wash flap falls right out. It's lopsided too and it curves upwards. There is no way to solve this as the plastic's natural shape has taken the curve and even glue and clamps would probably fail, the plastic bending itself back into a curve eventually. I've tried pressing it but no-matter what I do, it just bounces back out. I've disassembled it to make sure there wasn't anything in the way. It's clean inside. The corner is too far from the screw for the screw to have anything to do with it. The edge is simply warped.

The second major problem is the cover that goes ontop of the pack (part BP11), it has a huge gouge in the top of it along with some black marks like dirt. I said in the other post, it looks like somebody at the factory made a dent with a greasy screwdriver or something. I see scratches around this area too, like it was scraped.

Please see the attached image.

How can I get replacement parts? Help!

backpack.jpg

I have the gaps in fighter mode issue too. The problem isn't as simple as a mis-transformation. It's that the legs pieces are slightly different and the joints are started to slip-out/stress. I can see the black washer popping out of the ball-joint. The legs just don't match flush with the arms and the clips on the back of the fighter or the backpack. Because of this, the front section - the one with the intakes is always popping out. The clips are too weak and shallow so a lot of the Valkyrie has gaps and supposedly locking pieces just pop right back out. If I force them to stay together, it pulls the bottom of of the chestplate down and creates the gap. It's definetely not a mis-transformation, it's that the parts don't align right.

There are also black specs of paint and dirt here and there. I can live with those, but gap and fitment issues and dents are really irritating. There's a small gouge on the forehead from sloppy separating from sprues by the factory! The wings have a good clean stripe paintjob though. My problems are all mechanical/structural. Anyone tried putty to fill in gouges? The problem would be that I would have to repaint the toy.

Edited by ComicKaze

I just got my replacement VF-1J (my previous one was sent with missing parts), but the head is really loose. It's not the black piece that snaps down, but the actual head. If it's facing left, I can lightly tap it and it'll swing all the way to the right. Is there anything I can do to remedy this?

Edited by johnh

Ok, I'm scared, I bought my Hikaru 1/48 VF-1S but it seems to be the same type of white plastic used for the Hikaru 1/60 VF-1A. I have three of those and they have all yellowed. classic case, no direct sun light, non-smoking home. So has anyone who has had a White 1/48 seen any yellowing?

Regarding the FP VF1J. I have two left sided FPs, where the micro missiles are stored. Instead of the red light bieng on the outside of each. It's on the left side of each. Anybody else with this problem?

That's how they are supposed to be. 100% guaranteed.

You won't find a picture of the FAST Packs with a light on the right.

H

The air break is very loose and pops down everytime I move the toy in robot mode.

My Hikaru 1S also has this minor problem. I removed the air brake and tried some small pieces of masking tape in the grooves where the bumps of the air brake rest, but without the desired effect. Has anyone fixed the loose air brake, please share your method. Want to see if there are other options before I apply some clear nail polish.

I'd try white Elmer's glue before nail polish. Non-toxic, non-permanent, and dries clear. Should wash off with water.

H

My VF-19A took a tumble month or two ago, and at the time it seemed fine (it was in fighter mode) for a change of pace I decided to pose it in battroid, and to my dismay, the left wing is loose as hell and will not stay folded. I tried adjusting the screw, but it doesn't want to move either way really, and I'm afraid I might strip the screw if I force it. Does anyone know a way I can try to fix it, or should I just put it back in fighter and call it good? Is it just the screw holding the wing together, or are there washers in there I should be cautious of?

post-4-1071642390_thumb.jpg

nm

Edited by Anubis

Best I could think for now was to rest the wing on the tailfin. It's the only way to keep it closed for now.

OK: I had a bout of courage and removed the screw finally, took some force but it came out, and then re-tightened it real good. No problem now. I have to say, this thing is durable as hell.

post-4-1071642543_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

That's how they are supposed to be. 100% guaranteed.

You won't find a picture of the FAST Packs with a light on the right.

H

Yep, Hurin is correct, the lights are supposed to be on the left of both packs.

Graham

johnh, just a suggestion but you might want to try using a rubber washer under the screw on the neck. It sounds like either the post the screw is going into is too long or the hole in the neck piviot piece is oversized. The washer might help add friction to the neck to make it more posable. The only concern I would have is not getting one too thick so that the screw sticks out too much.

Anyone else have any idea???

I just got my first Yamato 1:60 VF-1A, when I tried to apply the stickers to the valkyrie, they do not stay on the valkyrie and fall off almost immediately. Is that the case for all Yamato stickers? Or is there some other methods to make them stay on?

And the legs are so difficult to be separated in the first tries...

Is these problems also happens on the 1:48 scale?

I tried to apply the stickers to the valkyrie, they do not stay on the valkyrie and fall off almost immediately

That is pretty common. Yamato's stickers are not the best, in fact, kind of sucks. But part of the reason why they don't stay is the finish of the toy's surface, making very little contact with the glue on the stickers. A good number of people purchase custom stickers made by people like Takatoys, which is more sticky & thinner, but takes more work as they are not pre-cut like the Yamato's. As for the 1/48s, the sticker quality is more or less the same, but since the sticker size in general is bigger, they stays on a bit better than the 1/60s. But you can still peel off some by accident.

Quick and easy (read ghetto) way to fix a loose speedbrake: double up a piece of scotch tape, and stick it inside. Worked for me. :D I may remove it later though for something better.

I'm wondering, is there any way to tighten the black piece the head is attached to? The head rotates fine on the panel, but when in fighter mode, the head rattles around quite a bit. The mount inside the nose seems a bit loose.

Btw, is the VF-1J's heatshield painted, or solid plastic?? I'm not too worried about the painted stripe, but I'm wondering if they used clear plastic and just painted it, meaning it will eventually be transparent if the paint comes off. :blink:

My apologies if this has been addressed already...maybe I can be provided with a link to the answer..

The socket-leg joint on my 1/48 - the black rubber gasket inside is starting to "twist out" from inside. The "O-ring (a shared fatal flaw with the space shuttle?) that sits against the inside of the "thigh" also appears to be tweaked and splitting open. Is there a way to remedy this without taking apart the leg and not touching it anymore?

I've only transformed it maybe 3 times and its doing this already. I wish I could provide a picture, but my digital camera died.

My apologies if this has been addressed already...maybe I can be provided with a link to the answer..

The socket-leg joint on my 1/48 - the black rubber gasket inside is starting to "twist out" from inside. The "O-ring (a shared fatal flaw with the space shuttle?) that sits against the inside of the "thigh" also appears to be tweaked and splitting open. Is there a way to remedy this without taking apart the leg and not touching it anymore?

I've only transformed it maybe 3 times and its doing this already. I wish I could provide a picture, but my digital camera died.

Majestic, 1 (make that 2 pages) page before this is the answer and the pics you want. Imode provide the answer and I provided the pics and yes, it does require a minor disassembly.

Edit: 2 pages before this...

Edited by >EXO<

This isn't really a "Whats wrong" post but does go with repairs. I am wondering if anybody knows of a good/easy way to get replacement 1/55 parts? I started off by getting partial jetfires off ebay. Now I have a bunch of partials in various stages of pathetic ranging from missing tail assembly to mising arms to nothing but nose and legs. Parts from joon's just don't feel right and they aren't cheap enough to suit me for donor parts. I could loot parts from re-issues but I hate destroying functional toys for parts and again I am to cheap. The tail assemblies and arms from the all plastic chinese bootlegs will work but I really don't like the feel or quality of the plastic. I did use the chinese parts to refurb two future spawn customs but I would prefer to use bandai parts for structural strength [something I need for my customs mwa ha ha]. Right now I need two back plates [outer], 2 back plates [inner], 1 tail assembly, and two arms [one left and one right] to complete my 5 least pathetic. ANy ideas? I don't suppose bandai offers part replacements?

This isn't really a "Whats wrong" post but does go with repairs. I am wondering if anybody knows of a good/easy way to get replacement 1/55 parts? I started off by getting partial jetfires off ebay. Now I have a bunch of partials in various stages of pathetic ranging from missing tail assembly to mising arms to nothing but nose and legs. Parts from joon's just don't feel right and they aren't cheap enough to suit me for donor parts. I could loot parts from re-issues but I hate destroying functional toys for parts and again I am to cheap. The tail assemblies and arms from the all plastic chinese bootlegs will work but I really don't like the feel or quality of the plastic. I did use the chinese parts to refurb two future spawn customs but I would prefer to use bandai parts for structural strength [something I need for my customs mwa ha ha]. Right now I need two back plates [outer], 2 back plates [inner], 1 tail assembly, and two arms [one left and one right] to complete my 5 least pathetic. ANy ideas? I don't suppose bandai offers part replacements?

I do see every once in a while, transformer parts on ebay for pretty cheap

Just got the fast pack for my 1/48's today... unfortunately the back thrusters don't stay upright in battroid mode... I noticed that the instruction booklet for these highlights the small tab for keeping the Valks backpack upright, so I tried to click it past this tab, breaking the backpack joint in the process (which REAALLY BLOWS!!!!!) I am using the small fold-out clip-thingy provided to secure the backpack, but that just end's up pulling down the part that it's attached to... Am I missing something?

Reading through the thread, I noticed an unanswered question which has recently become relevant to me... IS it possible to buy 1/48 replacement parts from HLJ (i.e. the backpack hinge?????)

Reading through the thread, I noticed an unanswered question which has recently become relevant to me... IS it possible to buy 1/48 replacement parts from HLJ (i.e. the backpack hinge?????)

Possible? Yes. Likely? Not very. Give it a shot, as you may be able to get your parts. If you want to increase your chance of success you can order the part from a recently released/re-released 1:48, as the parts should be common to all of the various models of the VF-1 (albeit in different colours).

You should explore the review for the 1:48th on the site, as there was a warning about the hinge...

Dammit... anyone has a fix for loose airbrakes??? any specific spot to put the nail polish or something...

This is pissing me off... All of the ones I bought lately has the same issue. Starting with the Hikaru VF-1S, both reissues 1A and 1S and the couple of 1Js I have.

Yamato, if your listening... please fix this!!! It sucks!

I know people are gonna reply with the old "I have no problem with mine" but I think those people are the lucky few. Too consistent on my part.

Also, give us the goddamn new pilots if you're gonna do improvements. (Hell, too late now! :angry: )

***Rant mode off***

yeah I still love them and as pissed as I am, I realize it a minor defect. But I'm hoping that they could realize that this is a defect and get rid of it.

Dammit... anyone has a fix for loose airbrakes??? any specific spot to put the nail polish or something...

This is pissing me off... All of the ones I bought lately has the same issue. Starting with the Hikaru VF-1S, both reissues 1A and 1S and the couple of 1Js I have.

Yamato, if your listening... please fix this!!! It sucks!

I know people are gonna reply with the old "I have no problem with mine" but I think those people are the lucky few. Too consistent on my part.

Also, give us the goddamn new pilots if you're gonna do improvements. (Hell, too late now! :angry: )

***Rant mode off***

yeah I still love them and as pissed as I am, I realize it a minor defect. But I'm hoping that they could realize that this is a defect and get rid of it.

I have the same problem with my Hikaru 1S.

To fix mine, I used Elmer's stick glue. Worked like a charm (and it dries clear and you can remove it later if you want to).

Yeah I think I'm just going to glue it shut. I was hoping for a more suitable fix. It just pisses me off that it wasn't an issue before, but now it's obviously persistent thru all the post low viz valks. <_>