What's wrong with my Yamato, Bandai, etc.

UN Spacy

hi all... am new here...i have a 1/48 VF-1A MAX and i just noticed that one of the tailfin is lacking the skull symbol, only the right side has the sign....anyone has the same problem?? dont know if this is a problem..just thought of sharing this coz am really bothered about this... :(

What tha!? Geez, bad luck mate, that msut be one of the biggest stuff ups Yamato has made. Oh well, just get a skull from the sticker sheet and slap it on (mine on on my mobile phone, and well as the spare UN Spacy logos! :D )

oh well, at least i can say that my MAX is unique with one skull on the tail wings.. :D ...gotta think positive..hahahaha....guess i'll just leave it like that.. ;)

My Hikaru 1/60 VF-1J hip cracked again!! I got a replacment for the first leg that cracked and now the second one cracked in exactly the same spot. On lower round portion of the hip joint.

The back pack on my new Super O popped out when I tried to fold it up. I had to take the lower portion of Super O apart. Not exactly thrilled that I had to take a part a brand new toy that I owned for less than 10 minutes. Its fine now. Not going to bother transforming it to battroid mode

The 1/60's are truly crap.

BTW both of my 1/48 VF-1S Roy had a few scuff and scratch marks.

Bought the Elint and Ostrich. I've read all the complaints. I don't know what anyone was expecting. These are 1/60's; flawed, back-leaning, loose as a long neck goose valkyries. They're all like that. Anyway, I'm actually liking the Elint- I open it first and immediately get it into robot mode. Up on the shelf. That's all she wrote. Then I open up the Ostrich and try to transform it to robot mode. I can't get the chest plate to slide down and lock over the heat shield. No matter what I do. It slides a few millimeters and then gets stuck. Right out of the box and I'm considering just pushing as hard as I can until it breaks because I only want it in robot mode anyway. I own every one of the 1/60's and I've never had this problem before. I am stumped.

So instead of problem solving, I just keep ramming that damned chest plate down on its guides. The Elint slid home like a champ. No problems on that valk. Why won't the ostrich work?

Then I remembered my cable modem. You reset everything over and over again in TCP/IP when adding a new computer and you can never get internet access. The modem refuses to ping the IP address to the computer. You try everything for hours.

Then, in pure frustration, you unplug the modem and plug it back in. Suddenly, you have internet. Everything works. It's always the stupidest thing.

So I open up the front wheel well of my Ostrich. The landing gear is pushed unnaturally far up into the wheel well. It's obstructing the bottom metal track of the chest plate. I pull the wheel out. Down goes the chest plate. Easy as pie.

Only took a frickin hour to figure it out.

Me am smart. At least I didn't break it. Yet.

My Hikaru 1/60 VF-1J hip cracked again!! I got a replacment for the first leg that cracked and now the second one cracked in exactly the same spot. On lower round portion of the hip joint.

The back pack on my new Super O popped out when I tried to fold it up. I had to take the lower portion of Super O apart. Not exactly thrilled that I had to take a part a brand new toy that I owned for less than 10 minutes. Its fine now. Not going to bother transforming it to battroid mode

The 1/60's are truly crap.

BTW both of my 1/48 VF-1S Roy had a few scuff and scratch marks.

Wow... I thought I was the only one with a cracked 1J hip...

Well... A possible fix solution would be to get some epoxy glue and put it on the outside around crack and hip joint. However, you run the risk of gluing your joint together...

Does anyone know a method which I could use to repair or seal the cracks on the intakes/hips of my 1/48 Hikaru? I can't get any pics of it at this time, but around the square hole each intake is cracked in several places. The start of it was my own fault transforming it. Having to move the legs again to attach the Fast Packs has made it worse. I have tried taking off the leg and applying model cement, but it keeps coming right back apart. A lot of you guys are pros at this stuff, and I want to be prepared in case Monkey-N is unable to secure my intakes from Yamato, like most everyone else's parts. Some kind of putty or something, perhaps? Can anyone help?

Edited by Anubis

1. the feet and the back landing gears on my 1/60 VF-1S are "loose" any way i can "tighten" those areas up?

2. the paint on the leg fins is coming off. anyone knows what i could use to touch it up?

thank you, it's very appreciated :D :D

Has anyone actually tried to order parts for current Yamato's from HLJ? The possibility has been mentioned, but I don't think anyone said they actually tried it.

I'm not sure if a solution has been found to this problem. But I really don't like the way the Fast Pack Arm Armors are stored in Fighter Mode, they're quite stable on my VF-1A. It's too bad I can't say the same thing about the VF-1S. If I don't pick it up by the Leg Armors the gunpod automatically drops......

Has anyone found a solution to keep the Fast Pack Arm Armors from slipping off the Leg pegs? :(

Well, I finally got a 1/48. Got the Max 1A. Oh my.... I'm almost ready to throw my 1/60 in the trash. They suck so much in comparison.

Now, everything is good excpet that I can't work out the back pack. With the bump on top of the hinge piece it won't go into a horizontal position. I can understand it being there to prevent it going past horizontal but mine doesn't even get to horizontal. It's about 5-10 degrees below.....

Can some one give a detailed explanation and post pics of what the correct position should be? To me it seems that the back pack leans back too much, and even though the clip is there to hold the top up it pulls the panel open slightly on the back between the shoulders. With FAST packs I fear it would not hold up well at all.....

Edited by Air Elijah

Well, I finally got a 1/48. Got the Max 1A. Oh my.... I'm almost ready to throw my 1/60 in the trash. They suck so much in comparison.

Now, everything is good excpet that I can't work out the back pack. With the bump on top of the hinge piece it won't go into a horizontal position. I can understand it being there to prevent it going past horizontal but mine doesn't even get to horizontal. It's about 5-10 degrees below.....

Can some one give a detailed explanation and post pics of what the correct position should be? To me it seems that the back pack leans back too much, and even though the clip is there to hold the top up it pulls the panel open slightly on the back between the shoulders. With FAST packs I fear it would not hold up well at all.....

Whatever you do, don't force the backpack! I snapped the backpack hinge on my Low Viz the first time transforming it because I tried to force it to be parallel with the back plate (like a 1/60). :(

I can't help you with the Fast Pack because I don't have one yet, but I wanted to make sure you don't go through the painful event of watching your valk's backpack fall to the floor...

All i have to say is, "read your instructions."

There was a post WITH PICTURES, on the backpack transformation. I'm a little too lazy to describe it, so you'll pardon me for not doing so...

If I find the link to that post, I'll bring it back up here.

--->8 snip snip

Here we go.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...t=ST&f=4&t=1342

Edited by imode

okay folks,

i figured out why so many of us are having problems with transforming the VE and VT into battroid mode.

you have to pull out the front landing gear and the chest plate should slide nicely. :)

if that doesn't work, then you have to disassemble the front section of the plane and bend the sliding plate "straighter" and that should solve your problems. :)

sorry if someone has already posted this, but i figured it couldn't hurt. :)

okay folks,

i figured out why so many of us are having problems with transforming the VE and VT into battroid mode.

you have to pull out the front landing gear and the chest plate should slide nicely. :)

if that doesn't work, then you have to disassemble the front section of the plane and bend the sliding plate "straighter" and that should solve your problems. :)

sorry if someone has already posted this, but i figured it couldn't hurt. :)

Yeah, I had to disassemble part of the nose to get that thing straight, nothing like buying an $80.00 toy and having to work on it.....

Yeah, I had to disassemble part of the nose to get that thing straight, nothing like buying an $80.00 toy and having to work on it.....

i hear ya man,

i don't like coming out the pockets for valks, then having to fix them when they're brand new. <_< but atleast i didn't break the damn thing. ;) i sat there for a good hour or so pushing, pressing and forcing that chest plate down with no progress at all. i had to call in for reinforcements(advice) to figure it out....thanks Will! B)

Anyone know how to grease up the joints on a 1/48 VF-1A Hikaru? He seems to be the old man of the bunch his joints especially the elbows are hard to move compared to the Focker and Max

My VF-1S right well left head laser (in figher mode) has gotten lose that it drops 3/16 of an inch down and it won' sta up if it is moved. What should I do? :(

Do all the low vis or maybe all the 1/48 get stress marks on the trigger fingers? God I hate the hands on this thing. I have not touched it for a week and a half and now I see a stress mark on the finger. :angry:

Hello! :D I hope u have a solution to my problem about the loose hip joint and the backpack. My ball and socket joints for the hips are so loose that I can rotate the entire legs 360 degrees and they always wobble as for the backpack, it doesn't wnat to stay in place! Hope to hear from y'all ASAP! It's driving me nuts!

hey i just got a low vis and i was putting on some decals, nothing out of the ordinary but then i noticed that some of the weathering paint was smugged i didnt think it was anything to worry about untill i was putting on decals on the nose and notice that it smugged alot, has anyone eles have this problem?

SOS!!

I just opened and took out my VF-21FP from the box and transformed the toy for the first time. In the process, I noticed that both legs are loose and actually swings back and forth if you shake the toy. Is that normal? Or is it just my toy? After the transformation, leaving it in battroid mode on table is completely a balancing act.

SOS!!

I just opened and took out my VF-21FP from the box and transformed the toy for the first time. In the process, I noticed that both legs are loose and actually swings back and forth if you shake the toy. Is that normal? Or is it just my toy? After the transformation, leaving it in battroid mode on table is completely a balancing act.

Ditto that too! By the way was your backpack loose? I think it was VF19 who gave me a remedy for that. Just put some nail polish, let it dry. I think this might hold the backpack in place.

Ditto that too! By the way was your backpack loose? I think it was VF19 who gave me a remedy for that. Just put some nail polish, let it dry. I think this might hold the backpack in place.

My backpack is loose too, but it doesn't bother me that much; however, the legs are pinning me down to the ground. Thanks for the advice, I'll dissemble the hip and apply some transparent nail polish. Could there be something missing from the assembled parts? I believe 1/48 and the VF-21 or FP shares the same design for the hip. And the 1/48 has the black isolation or rubber (don't know the proper term for that material) fix it in place. I really like the VR-21, especially in the battroid :p

hi,

foir soem reson the hcest area of my ij wont; snap int p place perfectly.

Is it just me, or has your ability to type gone down a considerable amount in the last week or so?

Anyway, if that's the 1/60, then I think they're all like that.

hi,

foir soem reson  the hcest area of  my ij wont; snap int p place perfectly.

Is it just me, or has your ability to type gone down a considerable amount in the last week or so?

Anyway, if that's the 1/60, then I think they're all like that.

no it;s not. my other ones are fine

ali

you may need to twist the legs outward a bit...then you should be able to snap it in place just fine.

no tleg chest plate

thanks

ali

Funny, but I have a similar problem. (see Ali's pic) Except mine is with my 1/48 VF-1S. Any suggestions for fixes? It is in gerwalk mode in my display case. I've taken it out and securly attached the shoulders. It usually works for about one second before they come lose again! :huh: It's driving me nuts! I don't have that problem with ANY of my other 1/48's! Anybody have any suggestions that could help?

Thanks,

Melissa

you may need to twist the legs outward a bit...then you should be able to snap it in place just fine.

no tleg chest plate

thanks

ali

You mean the little sliding tabs on the hip pieces that lock the legs to the chest in fighter and Gerwalk mode right?

If so, then they can be a huge pain to get into place properly... You may need to get creative...

Now for my question!

My Hip pieces for my VF-1J (1:60)arrived, but sadly, all I was able to procure was the hip pieces for the VE-1 (as they're grey). Now exactly what I got surprised me. I got the Hip piece, and the first segment of the leg... In any case, I'm looking for a durable paint that will resist chipping... And a good clear coat that will resist chipping as well. Also, colour suggestions would be great too! I've already once taken apart my VF-1J's legs, so I'm familiar as to how they go together.

Any help would be great!

no tleg chest plate

thanks

ali

Funny, but I have a similar problem. (see Ali's pic) Except mine is with my 1/48 VF-1S. Any suggestions for fixes? It is in gerwalk mode in my display case. I've taken it out and securly attached the shoulders. It usually works for about one second before they come lose again! :huh: It's driving me nuts! I don't have that problem with ANY of my other 1/48's! Anybody have any suggestions that could help?

Thanks,

Melissa

I had that problem with the 1/48 too for a while. Turned out that bar which stretches between the two intakes wasn't totally clipped into the two plastic clips on the underside of the fuselage.

I got a problem with my 1/48 Max.

I just got it recently and noticed while transforming it to battroid that the right foot isnùt alligned properly or something. The foot slides down, but instead of one smooth motion, it comes down tilting left and right. The inner portion of the leg at the "ankle" is bent slightly outwards so that when you look up the leg, you can see the square peg that the foot uses to slide up and down the interior of the leg (on the normal leg you can only see a sliver of it).

I thought maybe its badly alligned or something, but I can't figure out how to take apart that part of the leg... :rolleyes:

Anyone got any ideas? (I'll see if I can get a pic to show what I'm talking about)

And just to know, what does "QC" mean? (already figured out CF, and FSW)

I just got it recently and noticed while transforming it to battroid that the right foot isnùt alligned properly or something.  The foot slides down, but instead of one smooth motion, it comes down tilting left and right.  The inner portion of the leg at the "ankle" is bent slightly outwards so that when you look up the leg, you can see the square peg that the foot uses to slide up and down the interior of the leg (on the normal leg you can only see a sliver of it).

I thought maybe its badly alligned or something, but I can't figure out how to take apart that part of the leg...  :rolleyes:

Anyone got any ideas? (I'll see if I can get a pic to show what I'm talking about)

Quality Check.

Okay, I see what you mean. It's supposed ot do that. It enables the foot to lie flat to the ground while have the legs slightly spread. After all, you're defeating the purpose of the 1/48 if you keep it in a real rigid completely straight pose.

Edited by imode

I just got it recently and noticed while transforming it to battroid that the right foot isnùt alligned properly or something.  The foot slides down, but instead of one smooth motion, it comes down tilting left and right.  The inner portion of the leg at the "ankle" is bent slightly outwards so that when you look up the leg, you can see the square peg that the foot uses to slide up and down the interior of the leg (on the normal leg you can only see a sliver of it).

I thought maybe its badly alligned or something, but I can't figure out how to take apart that part of the leg...  :rolleyes:

Quality Check.

Okay, I see what you mean. It's supposed ot do that. It enables the foot to lie flat to the ground while have the legs slightly spread. After all, you're defeating the purpose of the 1/48 if you keep it in a real rigid completely straight pose.

Well its not that the foot can move that bothers me, its the fact that the inner portion of the leg at the ankle is bent outwards a bit. I think it's because the pegs for holding the foot along the interior slider aren't connected correctly.

On the other leg it's basically a uniform straight line all the way down the interior leg. But, on the right leg it's bent outwards slightly, and I fear that it may get worn and break the leg open.

God I love the 1/48 though!!